Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Apocalypse

From now the game rules apply. If you want to post any non-story content, do so in red text. Thank you.

Chapter 1

City 23. At last. The outer wall is bigger than I imagined… I better get started!

apoc19.jpg

apoc20.jpg

The wall looked damaged, with steel rods sticking out in various places. There was various other bits of metal there too. Zach took out his grappling hook and fired it into a chink at the very top of the wall. He checked it was stable and started the ascent. Around half way the rope suddenly jolted. Zach braced himself for the fall. Nothing happened. After a moment he looked up and saw that the hook had not moved from the crack.

apoc18.jpg

Then, horrified, he looked down. It was not the height that scared him, but the fact that three robots were climbing the rope after him. Zach clambered up as quickly as he could, but the robots were gaining fast.

apoc17.jpg

He finally grabbed the top of the wall and tried to pull himself up. Another robot came along the wall. Zach saw one of the hands. It was a chainsaw.

apoc15.jpg

He had two choices. Fall to the ground and survive with broken legs or fight the chainsaw-bot. The latter seemed more appealing. He composed himself and lashed out with his foot, striking the bot in the upper torso. It stumbled back a few steps, narrowly missing the drop on the other side.

apoc16.jpg

Zach slid along the floor trying to trip it up, but it leapt out of the way. Before he could react the robot was on him, holding him over the edge. Zach looked to the right and saw the robots chasing him before were near the top. He kicked his legs, trying desperately to free himself of the metal grasp. It turned on its chainsaw and slowly moved it towards Zach’s face.

apoc14.jpg

Then the robot stopped. There was a flash. Zach saw a gaping hole in the robots chest were its core was. The robot swayed under the weight of Zach.

apoc13.jpg

It fell backwards onto the walkway with a crunch. Zach seemed to be still in the air briefly, before he began to fall.

apoc12.jpg

A hand grabbed Zach’s arm. He was pulled up onto the wallway and saw a half robot half human standing in front of him.

“Who are you?” asked Zach

“A thank you would be nice.” said the cyborg, “Get down!” He pushed Zach to the floor as a robot flew at him. The cyborg grabbed it and plunged his metal arm into the robot and pulled out a chunk of wires. The cyborg saw the next robot coming straight for him. With a swift move of his arm the ‘dead’ bot was thrown at the oncoming droid. They both fell to the ground very far below.

“The name is--” Zach pulled out his blaster and shot behind the cyborg, decapitating the last droid behind him. “Thanks. My name is Jack Samson. You?”

“Zach. Zach Smith. I see you have good knowledge of how to destroy robots.”

“I travel and eliminate as many as possible. They destroyed my life.”

“Likewise.” replied Zach, “I travel from city to city and continent to continent.”

“That is a long way to fight robots.”

“I search for men who can help me in the fight for freedom and peace. So far, you are the first person I have found alive and not mutated.”

“There are mutants?”

“Yes. They feast on human flesh.”

“How…nice. I also want this horrific war to end.”

“This war is only the tip of the iceberg. There will be an even larger, destructive war than this.”

“Who with? We humans are near extinction.”

“Well, I have heard rumours of a Utopia city, with no effects from the war.”

Jack bared his teeth, “megablocks. That is impossible.”

“Like the robots rebelling? Would you help me stop this war?”

“Gladly, Zach Smith… if you are not a spy.”

“I am no spy. Do you know if there are any more people down there in the ruins?”

“No. I arrived just before you.”

“Then let’s search the area.”

They descended the wall. When they reached the bottom, they ran for cover behind a wall. Jack looked round the corner. He used his mechanical eye to zoom in on a large building ahead of them. “There are three life forms in that tower block, but they do not look normal. They could be mutants.”

“How did you do that?” asked the intrigued Zach

Jack pointed to his left eye and winked with the other.

“Let’s go see what they are.”

The two ran from one side of the road to the other, checking they were not being seen or watched. They entered the building.

“Second floor, right side.” whispered Jack.

They looked around and spotted some stairs, half of it was lying on the floor in pieces.

“Careful. It looks uneasy.” Warned Zach

Slowly they went up the stairs and looked above the entry hatch. Zach gasped.

“Here too?! This is not good.”

“What are they?”

“Aliens.”

“What? Aliens?! Jeez, I thought robots were bad. I take it they are the ones who will start the war with the bots?”

“Yes, but the robots know nothing about aliens being here. It will be a surprise attack. These guys are tough, but I have killed them before.”

“Where are they from?”

“I have no idea, but their army is larger than the Earth’s population 50 years ago.”

“That is over nine billion aliens, waiting to take us out. How can we ever stop them?”

They listened to the alien’s chatter, but it was just grunts.

“Lets take ‘em now!” cried Jack

Before they could move, blaster shots came from the shadows.

“Down!” shouted Zach

After seconds of fighting, the aliens were dead. Jack and Zach peered in and saw two more figures next to the dead aliens. They were humans.

apoc11.jpg

A helicopter streaked through the sky, flying low, below the radar. The man inside owned it. And he was angry. the helicopter stops, a chain is lowered. The man slides down.

apocalypse_001.jpg

The helicopter rises, and soars away. The man will find his own way home.

apocalypse_002.jpg

John Aximand was running. Rubble and corpses blurred past, full of the ruins of a life. They were unimportant. There was only the chase. A robot slowly hovered through a patrol. A small one, John notes with disgust. It is hardly worth a bullet. But they all must be killed. From the small scouts and cleaners to the massive devices that level cities, they must all be destroyed. That was his oath. When the bombs fell, but he still stood, that was his oath.

Two shots ring out. Both hit. Armour piercing, but alone the robot would still stand tall. Together, they are a fatal wound on the machine.

apocalypse_003.jpg

It slides to the ground, its propulsion device slowly deactivating, pushing it through the rubble.

apocalypse_004.jpg

There is a door through the street, an old human checkpoint. There is a lock. Not anymore.

apocalypse_005.jpg

It slides open smoothly. John walks through, ready to fire in the blink of a photoreceptor.

apocalypse_006.jpg

Another robot. This one is fast, deadly. it could pursue and destroy the helicopter that John arrived in. But it won't. Now, it won't do anything.

apocalypse_007.jpg

"Got ya, you cold-hearted scum."

John smiles. there is a sound, up in the building. A sniper? A robot? But nothing happens. It is a silent night, no wind. There is something up there, and it doesn't know John is there. If it did, he would allready be dead.

A widowframe, the glass blasted out, makes an entrance. John uses it. The second floor. There are bodies in there. John pushes the door open, and looks at them. None are human. All three are aliens. But no robots. A shame.

John ponders. There must have been robots here. There were too few survivors in this area of the city. Only John. The bodies were warm, and there were robots on the loose. John doesn't like that.

jifel

Suddenly a truck came onto the scene from an opening on the gate. Don't have my camera here, sorry! "How did I miss that?" thought Zach. But there was something strange about this truck. It had treads and a cannon on the back. A figure came out of it. "Yes, hello, in the truck. Now. The front only fits two so the others get in the back." The others did what he said and got in. Zach asked, "Well, you like to get straight to the punch line, don't you?" Ignoring him, Marcus Nickstill turned to Jack Samson and pulled out a small black rod. "He's a robot, whats he doin' here?"

"I'm Jack Samson, and definitley not a robot."

"We'll see about that."

"Anyway, can we get to learning names now?" Zach asked.

"Adam Gastaldi." Adam Gastaldi said.

"Robert Frone." Robert Frone murmured.

"Marcus Nickstill, Mark for short" Mark said.

"Zach Smith" Zach Smith replied.

"So, what's that stick thing of yours do? Lock the car? :tongue: " Adam asked.

"Firstly, it's a truck. Secondly, get out." Mark said. He stopped the truck

"Don't leave me."

" :hmpf: You want to know what this does, don't ya?" He held the stick up "Get out and I'll show you."

They got out out and immediately Mark got back in and drove away.

"Äha! I knew it!"

The truck stopped and Mark got back out.

"Aw, come on! I was only havin' a joke with ya!"

He got out the rod and pressed a button. Almost immediately a beam of red light emerged from it.

"Now you know." Mark said with a smile.

Edited by YG-49

If it's not too much of a hassle, or if it's not too late, can I apply?

Sorry, but you just missed the deadline. Maybe in the next Chapter. :classic:

"So, Marcus, what is your story?" asked Jack

"I kill aliens."

"Right. Where exactly are you taking us?"

"To my bunker."

The truck bounced up and down.

"Bloody craters." muttered Nickstill

Jack leant back to Zach and whispered,

"I don't know about this guy. He seems too nice."

"Hmm. Just be ready." replied Zach, concerned.

When they reached a pile of rubble, the truck stopped and they dismounted. Marcus walked up to part of the wall and moved a brick, revealing a code panel. He typed in a series of numbers. There was a whir, and the rubble on the floor parted, revealing some stairs leading into a dark space.

"Lights" said Marcus

The room lit up, and a robot charged at them.

"You have entered my master's crib. You will be eliminated." it said, raising its blasters.

"You scum!" cried Robert and held his gun to Marcus' face. Jack tackled the robot and ripped off its arms.

"My arms! MY ARMS! I will destroy you."

Zach walked up to the robot and pressed a button. It deactivated.

"Now do you mind explaining to us why you led us into this trap!"

"He is my robot. He is loyal and protects the bunker from the evil droids."

"Prove it." demanded Adam

"Just look at his programming. Honest!"

"Keep an eye on him Robert." said Zach as he removed the panel from the robot's back, "Can you read this Jack?"

"I can try." he said, pugging a cable into to inner circuits.After a moment he said, "He is telling the truth."

Robert lovered his gun. Adam shook his head and sat down.

"His name is YG-49." said Marcus

"How about you fix him up?" said Robert "We need him to protect the bunker."

"Okay, I suppose." replied Marcus in a sigh

"Now. Lets get to know each other." said Zach "I am trying to stop the next war. Will you help me and Jack?"

So I guess no-ones going to get used to calling me Mark. :laugh:

"Master! Master! These people are obviously robots with skin on them!" YG-49 said after being reactivated.

"Calm down."

"I am trying to stop the next war. Will you help me and Jack?"

"That differs, will I get payed?" Asked Adam.

"Erh, no" Answered Zach.

"Well this place is cozy, mind if I stay here while you guys hunt aliens and whatever?"

"No." Marcus answered.

Without anyone noticing, Robert had snuck up to the fridge and was delightfully helping himself. :devil:

Marcus noticed him.

"OUT. YOU. NOW."

Robert: Sorry, i was just really hungry, i didn't eat in like 14 hours.

Marus: Ooooh, but it's still my food!

Robert: Can i buy some than?

Marcus: Oke..

sorry it isn't very long but i need to go.

Remember to post in red text for non story content! *cough*republicFORCES*cough*

Oh yeh, jifel- why do you have a heli when you could have a flying ship with turbolasers? :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Bob searched through his bunker no pictures, will have them next post. He was looking for new food, as he was running low.

He was also getting tired of watching old "Batman" reruns, as it was getting boring.

He needed to go and find more people, and more food. The banging on the walls didn’t help his spirits either… He gathered his dog, George, and started to watch more Batman. This Joker was defiantly on some kind of a drug.

John Aximand was waiting in his bunker. 8:59 pm. 9:00, an alarm rings. John goes into action. Guns: locked and loaded. Theres a car, ready for him to use. Something was in his part of the city, something strong enough to kill three aliens. But there was nothing here but robots, unless someone, or something had come in to play. What that was, John didn't know. But he was going to find out. He keyed the ignoition and the small buggy roared across the rubble torn strrets. Jifel uncoiled a chain, waiting. Suddenly he through it, and it hooked a window by the side of the building. John was tugged of the buggy, his momentum swinging him up, through the second floor. The glass shattered as John rolled through, coming up with both guns. The aliens' bodies were still there. Now, the hunt began.

The wounds on the aliens were bullets. Robots didn't use standard bullets. They were either lasers, or explosives. Whoever did this had acess to bullets, and nobody but John could do that in this area. Could they be survivors? John doubted it, but he didn't discount the possibility. He would have to be careful. Through the dust, there was bootprints, but that ment nothing. He had seen robots with specially designed feet to lure the hopeful into an ambush. Then there was a heavier set, undoutbly a robot. But their was only one leg... John decided to follow it anyway. He follows carefully, stepping in the previously left bootprints. Now he is outside, and their are skid marks from tires. Robots use hovering vehicles, or they can hover themselves. Who is this? a squak across the radio frequency, and a helicopter comes in. Dangling from chains is the buggy. John unclips them and the Buggy is ready to drive. The Helicopter disapears. Now, John gets in the buggy and follows the trail slowly. Finally it ends at a bunker. The door is still unlocked. Whoever is in there is either foolish, or two powerful to care. Probably both. John walks around the bunker, but there are no other visible entrances. So John Aximand goes to the one he did see, and hides in the rubble. Waiting.

jifel

The gang sat in Mark's bunker, talking about what they have done and what they will do. Zach informed them about the new war threat, and they agreed to help him stop it. Meanwhile, Bob walked through the desolate streets, watching every shadow. His dog kept ahead, ready to pounce on any mutant or suprised robot. He turned a corner and saw a man next to a pile of bricks, crouching. Bob stopped. He looked next to the man and saw a dooryway into the ground. A hidden bunker! Bob knew he had passed this place many times and never thought of looking there. This man next to it looked like he had just found it too, loading his rifle. Bob did the same and approached him slowly, gun at the ready. For all he knew it may be a robot in disguise, or another trap set by mutants. John knew Bob was coming but did not turn until the last moment. But he did not expect a dog. It barked and pushed him to the ground. John kicked it, and then Bob got mad.

"You sod! Come here!"

Bob picked him up and they fought. Adam heard the racket and ran upstairs. The others saw him and followed him up. They saw Bob and John on the floor, rolling around. They all loaded their guns. Bob and John stopped. They looked up and saw all the faces looking down at them.

"Don't shoot!" pleaded Bob

"We won't, until Jack scans you." said Robert

Jack was still, his body whirring.

"They are humans."

"Right then. Get up now and come inside, before they see us." said Zach

Just like the rest of you, expect pics soon. :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

John looked at each of the newcomers individually.

"Hello there. There no need for guns, right?"

Zach and Jack glanced at eachother, and John leapt. He knocked the barrels aside and held a pistol to their faces.

"Never point a gun at me again. Ever. If you do, You might as well be a robot." He then lowered his pistols and kept walking.

Zach laughed humourlessly. "Bit angry, is he?"

I have a heli because i built a heli, and its awesome. Plus, does it really matter, and Turbo-laser ships aren't easy to get. Helicopters are cheaper, and I just needed it to get me there.

jifel

Edited by jifel

Meanwhile while Mark was at his bunker while others where away...

Mark was monitoring the sonar for human life.

Found anything yet? Whined YG-49

Actually yes there seems to be a signal with a message attached to it from somewhere in the city. Replied mark

Well what are you waiting for an invitation? Open the message! Said YG-49

Okay jeez! I'll open it! Said Mark obviously annoyed with the robot.

Greetings hopefully human life-forms! If you are listening to this recording then you are obviously member of the human race and I can help you! I have much food and water and other things I would be willing to give you! Attached are the exact latitude and longitude of my location I will hopefully see you soon! Said the message.

Hmm according to my computer that message was sent from a robot factory? This could quite possibly be an ambush so I bring you a long just in case. said mark

What take me! why? said YG-49

Quit yer whining grab a gun and come on! said marcus

Later at the factory...

I don't know boss this place looks pretty empty. said YG-49

Wait look over there! Shouted Mark

Who are please don't hurt me! shouted the shadowy figure crouched down next to some sort of tool that was shooting sparks.

No who are you? YG do a scan to confirm what he is exactly. Said Mark

Yes he is human.

So who are you tell me now or I'll shoot you!

I am Chris but you can call me C.C. Did you get my message? Said C.C in a trembling voice.

Yes now where is the food?

I hope you liked it!

“If it's all the same to you, I'd like to get back to my bunker soon. You are all welcome to come along; it has the latest in technology. I just came around to look for some food.”

He showed that he had some food in his backpack.

“Why don’t you just eat the dog?” Zach asked.

“Because George is very special to me!” Bob said angrily.

“Well, how far away is your bunker?” Robert asked.

“A mile away, underneath Willians Incorporated.” Bob responded.

“Wait, you’re Bob Willians?” Adam asked.

“The one and only. Why?” Bob said.

“You’re the billionaire who the robots are after!” Adam said.

“Yes, I am.” Bob answered.

“Why are they going after you?” Zack questioned.

“Because of something they want. I cannot tell you what it is yet, but it is in my office, at the top floor of the building.” Bob explained.

“Maybe we should go with you…” Zach said.

John followed as Bob led the group.

"A mile walk isn't safe in numbers these large. We need a faster way to get their."

Bob turned, annoted. "I suppose you have a..."

Bob was drowned out as an huge old black helicopter discended.

Bob snorted. "How...Subtle."

John smiled back. "maybe, but the guns aren't. Hope you don't mind standing, there may not be enough room."

Everyone piled in. John walked Bob up the cockpit. "Just tell them where to go."

Bob sighed.

jifel

It's nice to see my robot is having some action. :laugh:

As they got in, an alien happened to be passing by. Quickly it got out it's ray-gun and blasted the helicopter. No effect. John powered a gun and shot the alien dead.

"Right then, I'd like my money now" Marcus said watching Robert eat his donut. ( :grin: )

"After I finish my donut." Replied Robert I'm just gonna call you Rob from now on.

Mark got out a small vial from his coat and said: "Give me the donut"

Rob sighed, gave him the donut and watched Mark pour whatever was in the vial onto the donut. And......

*Poof!*It disappeared.

"Now, I repeat, money please."

" :cry_sad: That was my your last, donut."

He handed over the money.

It's nice to see my robot is having some action. :laugh:

As they got in, an alien happened to be passing by. Quickly it got out it's ray-gun and blasted the helicopter. No effect. John powered a gun and shot the alien dead.

"Right then, I'd like my money now" Marcus said watching Robert eat his donut. ( :grin: )

"After I finish my donut." Replied Robert I'm just gonna call you Rob from now on.

Mark got out a small vial from his coat and said: "Give me the donut"

Rob sighed, gave him the donut and watched Mark pour whatever was in the vial onto the donut. And......

*Poof!*It disappeared.

"Now, I repeat, money please."

" :cry_sad: That was my your last, donut."

He handed over the money.

Wait I did'nt see Mark in the posts about the helicopter and battles and such that's why I included him in my bit about you monitering the sonar while the others where away so how were you going in the helicopter if you were'nt with them before?

Wait I did'nt see Mark in the posts about the helicopter and battles and such that's why I included him in my bit about you monitering the sonar while the others where away so how were you going in the helicopter if you were'nt with them before?

It says everyone piled in. :wink:

It says everyone piled in. :wink:

I thought that meant the people that were there during the whole "Hello Bob" part unless both of our characters just got there in time for the action while me and your robot were silent. :grin:

I thought that meant the people that were there during the whole "Hello Bob" part unless both of our characters just got there in time for the action while me and your robot were silent. :grin:
That'd be my guess.

Bob looked out the cockpit.

“Only about a quarter of a mile until we get there!” he yelled over the roar of the blades above him

“That’s good!” John yelled back.

“I haven’t seen any other humans in awhile.” Bob said.

“So, what is this important thing?” Zach asked.

“I can’t tell you! There are three parts of it. I hold one with me at all times, another is in my office. The third is…well…I don’t know.” Bob explained.

“What do you mean by “you don’t know!?” Adam asked.

“As soon as you bring the first two together, it will act as a map to take you to the third. We should be careful getting to the top of my building. Parts of it were robot development, and I’m sure that some aliens are there too.” Bob said.

“We should probably go to your bunker first and collect whatever could be of any use. Zach said.

“Agreed, from there we can go up the next three hundred stories to get to my office.”

Agreed, from there we can go up the next three hundred stories to get to my office.
Edited by YG-49

"Two stories, plus two hundred and ninety-eight." Bob finished.

Since it is the future, I expect tall buildings, right?

"Two stories, plus two hundred and ninety-eight." Bob finished.

Since it is the future, I expect tall buildings, right?

Yes, but remember this is a you choose the story game.

Sorry for double posting.

They landed at Bob's bunker, actually it was more of a three hundred storie hotel, and everyone got out.

"Wow, you're the king of hiding aren't ya?" Zach started. "I mean, this is the most well hidden bunker I've ever seen!"

"Just shut up and stand" Bob said.

He put his hand on a window and it half lit up.

"Here George!" he said and the dog came up and put it's paw on the glass. It fully lit up.

The door opened and everyone went inside.

"We'll take the elevator" said Bob, walking to two metal doors shut together.

He pressed a button and the door opened; Everyone got inside.

The doors shut and WHOOSH! the elevator suddenly started going down very fast. For a split second there was no gravity and everyone was floating. After a while the elevator stopped. The doors opened and everyone got out. Couldn't be bothered to make a MOC. :tongue: The first thing they saw was a mutant eating something, or someone. It was a person. The mutant was eating a person.

Tuskan001.jpg

The mutant saw them and got up. Next to it was the stick that most mutants held.

Tuskan002.jpg

It picked up it's stick and charged towards them.

Tuskan003.jpg

Marcus stepped forward and pulled out his lightsaber. I don't have some of the the parts for other people so it had to be me. :wink:

Tuskan004.jpg

He ignited it as the mutant got ever closer.

Tuskan005.jpg

He lowered his lightsaber to waist height as the mutant reached him and....

Tuskan006.jpg

SLICE! He cut the mutant in half.

Tuskan007.jpg

"YG-49, go check who that dead guy is."

Tuskan008.jpg

"His name is Jim Butcher"

Tuskan009-1.jpg

"Oh, well now he's Jim Butchered!" Adam joked.

Sign in to follow this