Tarfful

Car Talk

You do realize -30F is -34C so it's not that big of a difference. :tongue: And I'm sorry for starting all this snow talk.

Oh, umm, okay then :tongue: As for muscle cars I like the new Mustang and the new Camaro but not the Challenger, I don't know why

Edited by prateek

My next car will hopefully either be an SRT-8 Challenger or the up coming Z-28 Camaro. Supposed to be around 500-550hp. Though more than likely i'll have to "Settle" for the challenger since the camaro is still being sold for a 10,000 priem over sticker pice. :hmpf_bad: . Lord willing we will see. :classic:

Oh, umm, okay then :tongue: As for muscle cars I like the new Mustang and the new Camaro but not the Challenger, I don't know why

the new Mustang and Camaro are decent cars, the Challenger is a "show, no go" kinda car, its big, ridiculously heavy, and a cheap plastic interior.

1) You don't get snow because you are in South Carolina

2)I can't wait to see the Mustang. It's my favourite car before the 80's

Yeah, I know. As for the Mustang, I have to wait for my sister to upload some pictures for me. (She has the computer and the camera)
You do realize -30F is -34C so it's not that big of a difference. :tongue:
:laugh:
As for muscle cars I like the new Mustang and the new Camaro but not the Challenger, I don't know why
Around here, muscle cars are classified as old cars, usually gas guzzlers, often with big engines.

Something like this Camaro.

the Challenger is a "show, no go" kinda car, its big, ridiculously heavy...
That's what we call a Tank. :tongue:

the new Mustang and Camaro are decent cars, the Challenger is a "show, no go" kinda car, its big, ridiculously heavy, and a cheap plastic interior.

The interior of the Challenger is far better than the Camaro. Right on par with the Mustang. (who's quality as of late has surpased many of its Japanese compeditors) I've driven one and Chysler really stepped up there game on this one. As for handling, admitly it is the worse of the 3, but it is solid, steering gives good feed back, and handling is actualy decent for a car of its size and weight. Anyways, that can all be changed with some suspention modifcations. :thumbup:

Lets move on to exotics. Did anyone see the new Ferrari 458 Italia? It looks pretty cool but it seems like they're copying Lamborghini in the way that the car looks like a fighter plane.

Ferrari_458_Italia.jpg

reventoni.jpg

See a resemblance? :look:

Edited by prateek

Doesn't matter if one company copied off of another or not or didn't copy, those two are both dead sexy cars!

If I were to choose one, Reventon all the way!

If I had to choose any one car I would pick a Nissan GT-R, love that car. :wub:

I so hate that new ferrari. What were they thinking from the start ? It looks all round, while to me, an agressive shape is the best.

As for the gtr, I do agree, it's a really good looking car, though not playing in the same category (its v8 only produces 480 BHP). Still, I don't like the interior of the gtr it seems too messed up.

I so hate that new ferrari. What were they thinking from the start ? It looks all round, while to me, an agressive shape is the best.

As for the gtr, I do agree, it's a really good looking car, though not playing in the same category (its v8 only produces 480 BHP). Still, I don't like the interior of the gtr it seems too messed up.

I dont exactly like Ferraris either, There too...The same. I know they have there own personal colour "Ferrari Red"...But change the colour once in a while! And what has decieved many of the younger generation is Ferrari's are not the best car anymore, but since kid's were little they hear their dad's say "Boy, I want that Ferrari" and then get hooked.

As prateek stated, there are alot of companies today going for the, what I called "Transformers" look, they cut sharp edges and it makes it look like its gonna jump out and destroy the world. Thats why I love the Pro-Drive P2:

Prodrive-P2-angle.jpg

Have you guys heard of Mitsuoka? I wouldn't bother spending the amount of money I could buy a house with on a Rolls-Royce Phantom, Id buy a £45,000 Mitsuoka Galue:

mitsuoka-galue-f.jpg

Or the Mitsuoka Orochi:

07-08-03-mitsuoka-orochi.jpg

Sure, The Orochi may not look good to some, but its a cheap super-car looking car

Those 2 japanese cars were tested on top gear, I don't particulary liked them as they're mostly copies. But you do get what you've paid for I guess.

Those 2 japanese cars were tested on top gear, I don't particulary liked them as they're mostly copies. But you do get what you've paid for I guess.

Yeah but Richard Hammond is the only fair reviewer and he doesn't get to review much.

Jeremy loves "POWER! YEAH!"

James loves "Old School and Luxury"

And Richard loves "Cars."

When James May reviewed the Fiat 500, which is a brilliant car, he say's its "Not as good as the Fiat Panda" and when he reviewed the Rover secretly (With the tie camera) he said "Ahh, Theres the Fiat Panda which is much better". Its only cause he has a Fiat Panda that he chooses them, and since he has a Rolls-Royce, he hates Rolls-Royce copys. :laugh:

Jeremy just hates most American cars, although he owns about 5 Fords. And he always tests the super fast cars.

So they could be bias.

Edited by Joey Lock

I don't think Jeremy is such about "poweeerr". I think he's more into the idea that a car have to give you a feeling, and it has to be passion. I owned a car that he reviewed and he was 100% right on every single point.

James is factual, and his conclusion on both the cars you showed were rather good and encouraging.

Have you seen the last review Richard made ? A noisy engine on a big hiddeous car. And he said "great car". The only thing that saves him is that he likes Lego bricks very much :thumbup:

I don't think Jeremy is such about "poweeerr". I think he's more into the idea that a car have to give you a feeling, and it has to be passion. I owned a car that he reviewed and he was 100% right on every single point.

James is factual, and his conclusion on both the cars you showed were rather good and encouraging.

Have you seen the last review Richard made ? A noisy engine on a big hiddeous car. And he said "great car". The only thing that saves him is that he likes Lego bricks very much :thumbup:

You sure your not getting mixed up with James? Because James May is the one building the Lego House.

I'm sure I'm not. You clearly haven't been reading "on the edge", the book written by R. Hammond, in which he's explaining how he recovered from his massive crash. One of the thing he did was building Lego sets. Many lego sets.

Hmm, may have to agree with you there, looks like they were trying to make it too futuristic looking with all the knobs and buttons...

nissan-gt-r-interior-2.jpg

But James reviewed those cars and he said they were really bad. I don't think they're worth $45,000

But James reviewed those cars and he said they were really bad. I don't think they're worth $45,000

That's not exactly what he said. In the end he said those cars were like tribute bands. You know it's not the real deal but it doesn't matter.

Beware, massive topgear fan :)

Hmm, may have to agree with you there, looks like they were trying to make it too futuristic looking with all the knobs and buttons...

What annoys me the most is the fact that the dashboard isn't symetrical :cry_sad:

That's not exactly what he said. In the end he said those cars were like tribute bands. You know it's not the real deal but it doesn't matter.

Isn't everyone? :classic:

The morris marina UK fan club might not be :grin:

"What is this car? What is this s**tbox? A moor-is? :grin:

Edited by Joey Lock

In the end he said those cars were like tribute bands. You know it's not the real deal but it doesn't matter.
I disagree here. Being a perfectionist, and very 'picky,' it matters.
The Top Gear guys always drop pianos on them.
So jealous...

First, The GTR doesn't have a V8. It has a twin turbo V6. Japanese auto manufacturers are known for underrating the HP numbers on there cars. For yrs nearly every Japanese super cars from the Mitsubishi Evolution to the R32 to the R34 were rated at 280hp when it was clear based on vehicle weight and their respective performance numbers that they produced well over that HP mark. As for the 480hp that the GTR makes, while that is the manufacturers claim, has been proven to be underrated by several automotive magazines. Jeremy Clarkson even address this in his review. most that have dyno tested the GTR found that they were getting nearly 480hp to the wheels. That means if you calculate the 15% HP loss through the drive train you get well over 550hp.

That said, the GTR's performance numbers are either identical or better than cars costing two to three times its price. In the end, its about the performance numbers.

The interior is more like a fighter Jet with knobs and controls readily available to the "pilot" :grin: . and not overly complex. I've had the opportunity to drive one (not 'hard" unfortunately since it was not my vehicle) so i can attest to this.

What annoys me the most is the fact that the dashboard isn't symetrical :cry_sad:

But it really does matter when your spending that much on a car. I remember that review and even James admitted that the materials used were not on par with the cars they were attempting to imitate. So i have to agree with your original comment of

"You get what you pay for".

Sorry for the V8, I must have been confused at the time :grin: I saw the same episode, and I agree the car is insane. I'm still not sure about the look though, as it is pretty extreme, I wonder how it will be percieved in some years.