Sign in to follow this  
VBBN

Xbox Live...Few Questions

Hey guys,

I'm going to get a 1 month gold Xbox Live membership today, but I have a few quick questions,

1) Do you have to keep your modem/wireless connector always attached whenever you want to play Live, or is it a 1 time only sort of thing?

2) How/when do you pay for it with a credit card?

3) ...Just help me out on the first 2. ;)

Thanks!

VBBN

Hello VBBN!

1) You need to have your modem/wireless network adapter connected any time you want to play online, since that's how your Xbox accesses the net.

2) You can use a credit card to buy Live either straight through your Xbox (on the dashboard, go to My Xbox, select your gamertag and choose to upgrade to XBox Live) or you can buy a prepaid card from a retailer on the net. The second option is usually cheaper, but I don't know if any sell one month cards. Jasper1675 is a good one if you ever want to take the plunge and get 13 months, and they'll email you the code, so you don't have to wait for the physical card to arrive in the post.

3) My pleasure ;)

Hello VBBN!

1) You need to have your modem/wireless network adapter connected any time you want to play online, since that's how your Xbox accesses the net.

2) You can use a credit card to buy Live either straight through your Xbox (on the dashboard, go to My Xbox, select your gamertag and choose to upgrade to XBox Live) or you can buy a prepaid card from a retailer on the net. The second option is usually cheaper, but I don't know if any sell one month cards. Jasper1675 is a good one if you ever want to take the plunge and get 13 months, and they'll email you the code, so you don't have to wait for the physical card to arrive in the post.

3) My pleasure ;)

Ah, thankee. Now my only problem is I need a wireless router, my modem is too inconvient. Anywhere I can get one cheap? I have my eye on one on ebay for $30, much better than Target's 100.

Oh, and is it possible, that instead of hooking the Ethernet cable up to your modem, that you can connect it your laptop? That way I won't need a wireless router.

$30 is very good for the 360 wireless network adapter; Target's $100 is pretty much the going rate. Yep, it's horribly overpriced. But! I think it is possible to connect through a laptop, though I haven't done it myself. Take a look at this: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox...connection.aspx

Aye, connected it through my laptop. I'm now LIVE!

Gamertag: royalknight1336

I play Halo 3. ;)

Aye, connected it through my laptop. I'm now LIVE!

Gamertag: royalknight1336

I play Halo 3. ;)

I may see you around :classic: