KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

You are have made your point many times. Unless you know for sure what is in the, you should just let other people speculate and guess without continually saying that you are definitely right and they are wrong. No one is saying that they are right, just that they hope they are. Bring it down a notch, would you?

I knew I was flaming. Oh well, I'll be quiet now. :blush:

Back on topic, is today the first day of SDCC, or tomorrow? Google tells me tomorrow, RoflWafls tells me today, and a link from DarthSion says yesterday! :laugh:

Also, when are the exclusives usually revealed? I've never really known.

Back on topic, is today the first day of SDCC, or tomorrow? Google tells me tomorrow, RoflWafls tells me today, and a link from DarthSion says yesterday! :laugh:

What link was that i posted.

Either way, according to IGN, its the 23 - 26.

http://au.ign.com/comic-con/

Lego is releasing images of their new Prince of Persia and Toy Story minifigs today, as well as the exclusive. Tomorrow is when the rest of the conventions starts, including Hasbro and other toy companies.

Well, these new images really seal the deal for me. I was planning on getting this anyway but seeing that everything that I would have hoped to come with this is there then I will be getting this set. These pics are great and I can't wait until this is released!

FBTB have posted hi-res pics of the new Rebel Blockade Runner:

http://www.fbtb.net/2009/07/22/10198-tantive-iv-first-look/

Thanks for that, Sam89. :thumbup: This looks a lot better than I thought it did from the original pictures. I think those were taken at odd angles and made the set look too stubby. :sceptic: Looking at these new high-res ones, though, the set looks pretty good. It's a shame it only comes with one new figure, but there wasn't much else they could have added in that department. I'm a bit wary of the set's "interior" though. It sounds a lot like the Republic cruiser. :sceptic: However, the cockpit seating two figs does give me A New Hope. :look: Another issue is price. This is sure to be around $200 Canadian, which seems like a lot. Oh, and did anyone else think it was funny that FBTB has closeups of Leia and R2, but not the only exclusive figure, Captain Antilles? :wacko:

EDIT: Just glanced at the picture Siegfried posted. Who was it that said there wouldn't be eleven engines? Hmmmmmm? :tongue:

Wow! That desk is a total rip off of Palpatine's in the Venator! :laugh: But hey, this actually has some nice features! In fact, I think it looks a lot better now that we've seen more pictures! (Didn't somebody say that already?)

All eleven engines, two escape pods (obviously, in plane site,) We all guessed the minifigs perfectly, Leia, Antilles, Rebel, and R2 and C3-PO! Obviously, as was said in the first place it's minifig scaled. :tongue: The cockpit actually looks pretty roomy. It's $150, as we guessed, and to tell you the truth it seems big enough for me! 1,408 pieces, what's to complain about?

I think we all owe some apologies to this set.

Edited by Darth Legolas

FBTB says that it will retail for $149.99 starting in September. I am not sure what that makes it in Canadian dollars, but I don't think that is too bad of a pirce for 1408 pieces and 5 figs in a licensed set. I guess I'll be making a trip to my local LEGO store (so excited to be able to say that now) once I hear that it is going on sale.

Also, it looks like Captain Antilles has a new face.

But I don't really like it.... It's to generic....

Edited by RoflWafls

I'm not really sure why LEGO is asking sites to remove the pic of the 10198 - other than building hype before the official release. The funny thing is... its on their website :hmpf:

Also, it looks like Captain Antilles has a new face.

But I don't really like it.... It's to generic....

Indeed, it's just the Rebel face like the other one but smiling. Maybe the eye brows are different, but it's hard to tell.

Do you guys notice how the rebel trooper in this picture has legs the same colour as his arms (sand blue)? In the Rebel Battle Pack, the troopers had light bluish grey legs. Why the change?

I'm not really sure why LEGO is asking sites to remove the pic of the 10198 - other than building hype before the official release. The funny thing is... its on their website :hmpf:

Because they wanted everyone to wait until they made an official announcement, which was today and coincidentally the same day they added the product to their pages.

Also, new pics on the Comic Con exclusive set!

I must admit, I would of never seen this coming!

Very interest "sets"

Well no word on the main set, but these are pretty cool. It's a nice giveaway (or buy away, I guess,) but it's not necessary. Something nice, but all of these minifigures are obtainable elsewhere. Of course it's great how they had 3 OT and 3 Clnoe Wars, perfectly balanced!

Now we just have to wait for the main set... the suspension's killing me! :tongue:

Sorry KimT, I'll be on this topic all day. :tongue: How exciting!

I find these fig packs to be quite cool indeed, to bad I wont have the opportunity to get them. :sceptic: We probably wont be seeing the other thing until the 25th, as that is when it airs on TV.

Do you guys notice how the rebel trooper in this picture has legs the same colour as his arms (sand blue)? In the Rebel Battle Pack, the troopers had light bluish grey legs. Why the change?

Hmmm..... On the box his legs are the same as in the battlepack.....

Because they wanted everyone to wait until they made an official announcement, which was today and coincidentally the same day they added the product to their pages.

Nothing yet on S@H Canada... or any other country or region I went looking at... unless I'm missing something... which has happened in the past. :classic:

I grabbed the URL out of their cache.... but couldn't find the product page.

Hmmm..... On the box his legs are the same as in the battlepack.....

So they are! That's odd, in this picture they're pretty clearly the same colour as the arms:

capturerebel..jpg

So they are! That's odd, in this picture they're pretty clearly the same colour as the arms:

capturerebel..jpg

Hmmm..., I'm guessing that an error, because I thing they'll keep with the original legs.

Well, it's bigger than I thought (that's what she said :tongue: ).

It actually looks pretty cool, and now I'm really want one. I think the other picture looked so bad just because of the camera angle. And it does have minifigures. Who called it? :laugh:

EDIT: Did anybody else realize that Captain Antilles has a new face? He's smiling :classic:3746555458_94459a5710_o.png

Of course, he won't be smiling when Darth Vader is choking him :tongue:

Edited by Tinn-man