In other news, if anyone cares, I've completely redone the BrickBadger front end and it's 43% less ugly now :sweet:

I definitely care! I used it to discover and order cheap Tower Bridge from amazon.it and cheap Grand Emporium from amazon.es. Thanks for your hard work on the site. I expect you get some kind of affiliate credit for each thing I buy through there though, right?

I spoke to reseller at The Lego Show in Manchester who reckoned they would be on sale in the UK by August/September. He already had some in stock but wasn't allowed to sell them, he said that as soon as they're officially released anywhere else in the world he will be allowed to sell his stock in the UK. His website is www.toyaddict.co.uk.

Thanks, my birthday is at the start of June so I guess it was wishful thinking they'd be released by then! I'll check the site, people are getting them from Target in the US so maybe he'll start shipping soon.

Just checked his website - the shop doesn't work?

Edited by llb

With regards to Lord of the Rings Amazon.de has them listed as 23rd June, Amazon.it has them at 1st of September :( I'd previously seen and heard June/July for the UK, but haven't seen them listed anywhere yet.

I definitely care! I used it to discover and order cheap Tower Bridge from amazon.it and cheap Grand Emporium from amazon.es. Thanks for your hard work on the site. I expect you get some kind of affiliate credit for each thing I buy through there though, right?

I saw someone had bought those and was jealous! I'm always happy when people get some use out of it. I do get some affiliate stuff if people use the links (and obviously appreciate people who use the site doing that.... especially when they're buying big sets!!), but at present it pretty much just pays for the hosting. So it'a more a labour of love than any kind of income source and I doubt it will ever be anything but. The back-end of the site is running on a free Amazon cloud computer, but that's only free for a year. When that's up (next February) if it's not getting a bit more traffic I may have to pull the plug. So.... tell your friends!

At the moment I'm currently for a way to get all the big/AFOL orientated sets in one place and allow easier comparisons across regions.

Also, you're the only person to ever buy something from Amazon.it through it!

On an unrelated note when someone buys something I can see what is bought (including non-lego stuff for up to 24 hours) after they visit. Someone bought some Ben and Holly Top Trumps recently.... hmmm, I have my avatar based suspisions as to who that might be.

Edited by Ash

I do get some affiliate stuff if people use the links (and obviously appreciate people who use the site doing that.... especially when they're buying big sets!!), but at present it pretty much just pays for the hosting.

That makes me feel slightly guilty, I check out brickadger everyday on my phone, but whenever I've gone ahead and placed an order on the computer I've gone direct to amazon :blush:. I'll make-sure I use the brickbadger links in future.

Someone bought some Ben and Holly Top Trumps recently.... hmmm, I have my avatar based suspisions as to who that might be.

Not guilty on that count. :laugh:

Back on topic; Was in TK Maxx in Preston yesterday and spotted 7326 Rise of the Sphinx for £29.99, 7306 Golden Staff Guardians £6.99, some brickmaster books (Atlantis & Another? @ £9.99, City & Star Wars @ £12.99) and the one that interested me (I'm a sucker for brown Lego), 8677 Cars Ultimate Build Mater @ £14.99, sadly the missus was with me so buying Lego was out of the question :cry_sad: .

Edited by Praiter Yed

Shop.Lego.com has discounts starting today on Alien Conquest, Carribean and Potter sets. Also S6 CMF are £1.69

Shop.Lego.com has discounts starting today on Alien Conquest, Carribean and Potter sets. Also S6 CMF are £1.69

Some nice discounts in there. Guess they're winding down on these themes to make room for Monster Fighters and LoTR. Thanks for the tip!

And thanks Praiter :laugh:

Some nice discounts in there. Guess they're winding down on these themes to make room for Monster Fighters and LoTR. Thanks for the tip!

And thanks Praiter :laugh:

Yeah some are ok. I've not seen Tripod Invader significantly discounted anywhere as yet so very happy to finally buy some multiples. And the Hulk really made the deal :0)

Not sure if Amazon will match, they're around the same price on most Alien Conquest stuff, but not the Tripod. That is a really good price, I might pick up a couple as well. It's kind of hidden away but BB has a Lego Store/Amazon comparison thing that highlights sale items and when the Lego Shop is cheaper than Amazon. I have to update it manually though (well manually as in I have to press a button!) which I have now done thanks to your post!

Your post just cost me more than £100! :)

(I got PotC Mill and London Escape, HP Hagrid's Hut and Forbidden Forest and The Hulk.)

Apart from the Black Pearl, I now have all the PotC sets. :)

I don't think anybody has reported this here yet and it's late news! Spotted an influx of poly-bag shirtless Darth Mauls on UK eBay and decided to check brickset only to find that Smyths started giving these out 3 days ago with any Star Wars Lego purchase!

Edited by Praiter Yed

Batcave is £49.99 at Amazon.co.uk (-29%) at the moment. Cheapest I've seen it and actually pretty good value at that price.

In general prices were really stagnant for a couple of weeks but there have been lots of movement over the last two days. I'm guessing people are dumping stock to make way for the summer sets, lotr and monster fighters.

Batcave is £49.99 at Amazon.co.uk (-29%) at the moment. Cheapest I've seen it and actually pretty good value at that price.

BOUGHT! (Via your website.)

BOUGHT! (Via your website.)

Awesome thanks!

Batcave is still discounted and has been joine by the Batwing Battle Over Gotham set at 29% off as well. That brings it down to £25 which is actually pretty good given it has two substantial vehicles. I passed on the Batcave but I might pick this up as I really like the look of that Batwing.

millenium falcon at £99 again at amazon UK. I keep skipping it but one of these days..

The Lego book collection - Lego and Standing Small are 8.99 on thebookpeople at the moment. Code LIVECHAT2012 will give you free delivery.

That's well worth it. It's a great book(s). I seem to recall reading there was going to be a new edition somewhere recently (???), but still a good buy at that price

millenium falcon at £99 again at amazon UK. I keep skipping it but one of these days..

115 Euro including postage form Amazon.es, which is about £93 if that extra £6 makes a difference :wink: Always worth checking for sets over £50 or so. There's usually not much in it, but hey, you wouldn't be checking this thread if you weren't a bargain hunter and six pounds is six pounds!

Thanks. Do I need a new account for that?

It's £110 at Argos and I have £100 in vouchers but £93 is tempting. (and then I can buy the Quinjet from Argos :p )

115 Euro including postage form Amazon.es, which is about £93 if that extra £6 makes a difference :wink: Always worth checking for sets over £50 or so. There's usually not much in it, but hey, you wouldn't be checking this thread if you weren't a bargain hunter and six pounds is six pounds!

I check your site very often.. but I have a suggestion for you: you should see if you can include other popular online shopping websites in the comparison. Sometimes Tesco, Argos, Boots, John Lewis, they have very good offers.. But as of now unless you read it somewhere else you have to go and check personally.

I check your site very often.. but I have a suggestion for you: you should see if you can include other popular online shopping websites in the comparison. Sometimes Tesco, Argos, Boots, John Lewis, they have very good offers.. But as of now unless you read it somewhere else you have to go and check personally.

I'd like to do something like this at some point but there are several issues/problems. Most of the don't have a way to check prices easily like Amazon so you have to page scrape which I'm trying to avoid. Also they tend to be a bit annoying about continuing to list out-of-stock stuff forever. King's Castle at Argos is a good example of that.... it's been listed at near half price for as long as I can remember: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4621485/Trail/searchtext%3ELEGO+CASTLE.htm but no chance of finding it anywhere (I wish)!

But yeah, maybe get something sorted at some point though.

King's Castle at Argos is a good example of that....

Argos is very, very, very, VERY annoying when it comes to trying to find where certain items are in stock, especially discontinued sets, as they only search by postcode.

While we're on the subject of Argos :grin: , they currently have 9492 Tie Fighter for £35.36 which is the cheapest I've seen it. Lots of other sets on offer at the moment but the Tie was the only one that stood out for me.

I just picked up AC Earth Defence HQ for £47 including postage from the Argos Ebay outlet. Nearly £10 cheaper than amazon.

I just picked up AC Earth Defence HQ for £47 including postage from the Argos Ebay outlet. Nearly £10 cheaper than amazon.

Score! I love that set so much it's ruined other Lego for me a bit at the moment. I forget that ebay thing exists and should check it more often. Link for those who don't know: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Argos-Outlet

This summer's new Star Wars sets are now available to be bought on Shop@Home.

I went to the Liverpool LEGO Store to see if they had them out yet, but none were, and apparently they won't be until 26th June.