Sign in to follow this  
DJ Force

WIP ´69 Camaro - need some help

I know, the color scheme is off. That´s due to the limited part selection in LDD. But apart from the colors, this MOC still needs work. I just can´t seem to get the proportions right, and the hood as well as the fenders and rear window looks stupid.

Does anybody have an idea how to get it more like the real thing?

69camarowip1.jpg

69camarowip2.jpg

1. Lower it!

2. Change that back!

3. Take those mirrors off!

4. The rear window is fine.

5. The front is perfect.

But what you definitely have to do is, build it in real life! It'll look better without all that lime cheese. Here's a suggestion, why don't you change the color to black or yellow. They'll surely have lots of pieces and cheese pieces in black or yellow on LDD!

I'm a huge (I mean HUGE) fan of cars in general, and I think Eurobricks should get some more Lego car builders. This is good work! :classic:

~Raphy~

Oh, and the roof and windshield need work. But the thing that really needs it is the back! Apart from the color scheme, other than that this should be a mighty fine model. :pirate:

I'm no moc expert, but to me the top looks a little plain, is there anything you could do to it? besides that, it is better than anything I could do :grin: .

Edited by matanui911

make the hood flat, and use the long slops for the cowl hood. the rest of the front looks fine, the deck and rear look fine. the roofline needs to be a little more square.

I actually like the rear view mirors, very clever. I think the front needs the most attention... it kind of looks too high, other than that it looks very promising

1.put the roof, windshield, and c pillars back 1 stud

2.lower the car

3.get smaller side mirrors

1. Lower it!

You are talking about the space below the car, aren´t you? I´ll see what I can do. I cannot chop the roof any further though. It still needs to hold a minifig. I´d actually rather make the roof a tad bit higher, so I can lower it at the bottom. If that made any sense :tongue:

2. Change that back!

Umm... What´s so very wrong about the back? comparing it with a real ´69 Camaro the only thing that might need work are the tiles I used in the back. I should find a way to get rid of them. Other than that it looks good to me.

3. Take those mirrors off!

Well... Unless I don´t find a better fitting mirror, I´m afraid they will stay where they are :sadnew:

But what you definitely have to do is, build it in real life! It'll look better without all that lime cheese. Here's a suggestion, why don't you change the color to black or yellow. They'll surely have lots of pieces and cheese pieces in black or yellow on LDD!

I´ll definetly build it for real. I just don´t have too many bricks I can use for cars. I came from Lego Space. That´s why I´m planning in LDD. Before I build it for real, I´ll order the parts I need from Bricklink.

But thanks for the suggestion using yellow. I don´t know why I didn´t think of that myself. I´ll give it a try in yellow.

I'm no moc expert, but to me the top looks a little plain, is there anything you could do to it?

You mean the roof? Hm. I don´t know what I could do about that. There´s not much detailing on car roofs...

make the hood flat, and use the long slops for the cowl hood. the rest of the front looks fine, the deck and rear look fine. the roofline needs to be a little more square.

See, now we have a problem. I wanted to use something like this 45677.gif, but it just didn´t work. The hood is just too large for those pieces, and even then I couldn´t think of a way to implement the cowl. I´m more than open for any suggestion.

Roofline needs to be square? Please explain a little further...

1.put the roof, windshield, and c pillars back 1 stud

I´ll try that, thanks!

And a big thanks to you all for commenting and helping me! Highly appreciated! :thumbup:

Okay, I tried some of your suggestions and this is the result(s)

Please let me know which front/hood you like the most and which you think resembles the real thing most.

Version 2: Same as Version 1, just put windscreen and roof 1 stud backwards:

camarowip4.jpg

Version 3: used 1x1 slopes for the front hood and 1x4 slopes for the cowl:

camarowip1.jpg

Version 4: Changed outer 1x1 slope to 1x3 slope:

camarowip2.jpg

Version 5: Changed inner 1x1 slope to 1x3 slope, too:

camarowip3.jpg

Version 6: Same as 6, just in red:

camarowip5.jpg

Things I´ll definetly change when ordering the bricks for real:

- I´ll change all miscolored pieces to the correct color. LDD just didn´t offer the parts in the neccessary color.

- I´ll get chrome, silver or at least bley cups for the mirrors

- I´ll add an interior :tongue:

- I´ll add supports to the model, so that it won´t collaps.

Edited by DJ Force

You're truly a LDD Master! :thumbup: I love the new versions! Would you mind making instructions? :sweet:

Hey, of course I donßt mind making instructions. The thing is, I need to finish this car first before making instructions :tongue:

Therefore I need input, which hood design is the best and if there´s still more to do.

This one is also good. You do enjoy the car building.

If it is possible. Just past the doors, lower section ahead of the rear wheels, try to put a vented flat grey piece to represent the chrome molding most 69's had.

Also the tails, try to get the tail lights in more so they can't be seen from the sides. Might be hard. 69's did have the incredibly small rear side running light but the tails didn't wrap around.

I like the design. If I saw this without being told it was a Camaro, I don't know if I could have picked that out. I do however think it has the classic looks of the late 60's muscle cars. Good build. I would like to see it built. I know the cars turn out quite different when not in LDD.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I had an argument with my dad about this, too. During that we found out that the passenger side mirror has to go (the original doesn´t have mirrors on both sides) and that the hood and cowl need a lot more work. It just doesn´t resemble the Camaro enough.

One question, Col. Brick. Are you talking about the bley piece in the yellow designs? That´s already supposed to be the grilled piece. I could swap it with a 1x2 grill, but the original grill is vertical...

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I had an argument with my dad about this, too. During that we found out that the passenger side mirror has to go (the original doesn´t have mirrors on both sides) and that the hood and cowl need a lot more work. It just doesn´t resemble the Camaro enough.

One question, Col. Brick. Are you talking about the bley piece in the yellow designs? That´s already supposed to be the grilled piece. I could swap it with a 1x2 grill, but the original grill is vertical...

Yes, in the yellow car you had a grey section. I think you could put a pair or single side stud and a grey grill section there.

And also, 69 Camaro did have the option for a mirror on the passenger side. It wasn't a standard feature so many models didn't have them.

Ah allright! Thanks! So both sides will have the mirror then :classic:

Hard to tell from the LDD pic, but the grey piece is this: 2877.jpg

So yeah, the car already has the grill.

Er... does it have the grill on both sides? You seem to know a lot about that Camaro.

Ah allright! Thanks! So both sides will have the mirror then :classic:

Hard to tell from the LDD pic, but the grey piece is this: 2877.jpg

So yeah, the car already has the grill.

Er... does it have the grill on both sides? You seem to know a lot about that Camaro.

That part would work, I was thinking if it was possible try something like this. All though, you technically could leave it off, since those grille pieces where also optional parts. Some of the standard models didn't have them and the COPO Camaro didn't have them. Yes, they where on both sides. Your thougt on using that brick might be best since they are in a vertical fashion and not arranged horizontal.

2412b.1085195206.jpg

The 69's are a personal favorite of mine, I have one in my driveway. Cars are my other, very expensive hobby, there is a whole lot more in the garages.

100_2837.jpg

Edited by Col. Brik

Smashin´! :thumbup:

I have 2 Pontiac Fieros, a ´88 GT and a ´84 SE. And half a Formula in parts :-) But building the Fiero in LDD is almost impossible, I figured :hmpf_bad: