Sign in to follow this  
Athos

New Plane ??

I did it guys... I impulsively bought this set... because there was a set from the early 90's that was a Cargo Plane, and I wanted it so bad, but of course, I was too young to go and try finding it than, and by the time I realized I wanted it... it was too late...

So now that I saw that, it will be close compensation. This one set does look cool. Im not too interested in the other set, but oh well... this will be worth it...

Hey! It came in yesterday!

Its a pretty cool little plane... has a wierd wing/pontoon design that involves an elastic band... very strange.

Besides the propellors that can rotate up and down(much like those VTOL Prop planes), its a very cool plane. Has a neat little storage area in the back, and an ultra-rare Navy Blue Pilot Minifig.

No one cares, but meh.

Hey! It came in yesterday!

Its a pretty cool little plane... has a wierd wing/pontoon design that involves an elastic band... very strange.

Besides the propellors that can rotate up and down(much like those VTOL Prop planes), its a very cool plane. Has a neat little storage area in the back, and an ultra-rare Navy Blue Pilot Minifig.

No one cares, but meh.

sounds awsome, I might get it

Hey sting? could you post some pics of the plane if you have a digital camera? If so thanks in advance

I would indeed be able to do that, but I am actually just getting some pictures developed from both of my memory cards, so I currently cannot.

But I will when I can... shouldn't be too long.

For anyone who cares, I will be posting a review with pictures of this set tonight hopefully!

Its my first lego set review, and being a relatively unknown and small set, it will be a good place to start I think!

Review of Set 7214 : SEA PLANE

7214001.jpg

General view.

7214006.jpg

A top-ish view, as you can see, it uses the classic Town "Cargo" logo.

7214005.jpg

Front view

7214004.jpg

Side View. I like the use of the little windows, even though there is nothing really to them but to give the illusion of a larger cabin. It is a nice effect.

7214003.jpg

Rear view.

7214007.jpg

This is where the strange design of the plane comes in... the engines are not put on secure.. and thus the engines can rotate... and make it alot like a VTOL aircraft... except the propellers are way too small to provide lift in this way... I will be putting a few pieces on the aircraft to stop it from this.

7214009.jpg

Another strange aspect of the plane... as I if you push the pontoons, they rotate like this... this along with the Rotating engines can make this plane look like a transformer lol, from a cargo plane to an attack "helicopter"... This rotation results from the funny construction that is very different for airplanes in the lego universe... not sure why they did this...

7214014.jpg

If you remove the wings and a small arch, you can see this inside... I still am not sure the purpose of this... if someone can explain why Lego did this than let me know, because it puzzles me. This elastic keeps the pontoons from rotating freely.

7214011.jpg

This is the cargo hold... Red and Yellow Suitcases with flat 1x1 panels as 'cargo' in them... and a grey backpack. Its neat.

7214010.jpg

The ultrarare Dark Blue Pilot Minifig... I believe he is only in 2 sets... this one and another World City promotional airliner. The icing on this neat little set.

There you have it! A nice little set, which was, at one point, actually challenging to build(aligning pieces on the black technic pole that holds the pontoons on was kind of time consuming considering the size of the set!), but is built with some strange ideas, and has a large fault in the rotating engines(Unless this was intended... not sure why it would be... that'd be a strange plane...). It has quality though, it is far better than most new CITY stuff in the way it doesn't have any huge <insert that tiresome argument> pieces. It has the ultrarare and cool Dark Blue pilot minifig, which is a bonus.

It came with another set, 7212... which is a promotional creative building set based on airplanes. So the price was 29.99 CDN, which makes each set worth $15 dollarsish, which gives this 125 piece set a value of 12cents/piece... not too bad!

My (untrained, and totally biassed :-D) rating of the set is 7/10!

You (hopefully!) can see the pictures, so judge for yourself