Sign in to follow this  
Front

Exo-Force Mobile Battle Center

After doing a 4-legged mech Mobile COmmand Center I have now redesigned the idea to a new 6-legged mech.

The design of the legs and the number of passengers are the only things shared between the two mechs.

The design is a round cabin, carried by a frame through four technic beams. On the frame the cockpit is mounted directly, as is the 6 legs. At he back a Uplink 7708 is mounted, ready for deployment. On top of the frame a radar, an antenna, a 6 barreled gun, and a missile launcher with 8 missiles and 8 spares, are mounted.

Wide angle view from front/right.

3010234213_c7f80474bc_o.jpg

Top view of the mech moving foreward.

3010234217_584361068a_o.jpg

Looking down in he cabin from above. The two main beams of the main frame are only connected at both ends of the mech, giving good views of the sky from within the cabin.

3010234219_4860f538f1_o.jpg

The cabin has a door on each side. The cabin itself is Snot-building indeed, having knobs in five of six possible directions.

3010234221_c7d8d4795b_o.jpg

A view from the back, showing how the Uplink mech is attached.

3010234223_f4325b4a33_o.jpg

Ryo in his Uplink in front of the Mobile Battle Center.

3010234227_801056dae0_o.jpg

The design of the legs.

Left:

The wedged orange plates are connected in 180 Snot through 1x2 bricks with knobs on both sides, and two technic bushings. The blue technic bushing (could use normal bushing) and the 3-holed beam, attach the galidor-brick securely to the plate extending out of the wedged plates.

Right:

Inside the big orange beam, the assembled two galidor-bricks, bricks and plates fit perfectly (and tightly). The asymmetrical design is because the galidor-bricks are not placed the same amount inside the big orange beam. After the assembly is slided into place, the two 2x4 bricks and the 2x12 plate, secure the assembly to the orange beam.

3011077338_64168eb057_o.jpg

Front

Wow, very nice! I especially like the Uplink on back. Definitely seems like it could takeon an army. Is there a top, that you took off for interior pics? If not, I would use the orange round pieces that were over the missles of the mobile defense tank.

jifel

A very charming and really sweet design. It looks almost a little raygun-gothic-like to me in a rather stringent and functional way.

Thank you all for replies.

Is there a top, that you took off for interior pics? If not, I would use the orange round pieces that were over the missles of the mobile defense tank.

jifel

No, nothing has been removed before taking the pictures. Do you mean the 6x6 round pieces I used for both ends of the cabin.

A very charming and really sweet design. It looks almost a little raygun-gothic-like to me in a rather stringent and functional way.

I myself picture a reptile like creature, with a strange belly in the form of a cabin, looking a bit like those cabins you are sitting in while transported up to a mountain top, hanging in wires.

Front