70 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• I'm sorry I can't seem to decide just how cool it is
    • soooooo cool
    • Outstanding
    • Truly amazing, best idea ever!
    • I truly can't live life without it!

Alright, thanks Thrash! :classic:

I think I'll have enough dark grey and light grey, but if not, could I use black or white combined with light grey?

I've never had much light grey for some reason... I'll have to order some from Bricklink sometime.

If you mean for the Keep or Castle walls, then yes light grey is the best, though dark grey is cool too, the old grey is fine as well though not prefered. Bricklink will sort you out with lots of grey for not much money, well recommended.

If you mean for the Keep or Castle walls, then yes light grey is the best, though dark grey is cool too, the old grey is fine as well though not prefered. Bricklink will sort you out with lots of grey for not much money, well recommended.

I've used B-Link many times, I love it. But I'm going to try and avoid having to order something so it doesn't take too long. :grin:

But I'm going to try and avoid having to order something so it doesn't take too long. :grin:

Quite the opposite of me, I just ordered close on 2000 bricks to help me get my module finished. :grin: I hopefully won't need them all, but I need to start stocking up for my project later in the year... :wink:

Quite the opposite of me, I just ordered close on 2000 bricks to help me get my module finished. :grin: I hopefully won't need them all, but I need to start stocking up for my project later in the year... :wink:

Oh ,do tell! MCII maybe, or getting an early start on CCCVII?

Also who do you recommend for parts like grey bricks etc? I usually go Maxspace in australia.

Oh ,do tell! MCII maybe, or getting an early start on CCCVII?

Also who do you recommend for parts like grey bricks etc? I usually go Maxspace in australia.

For a certain castle featuring in a certain Mafia game, but that's all I'll say... :wink: Oh, and also for the NZ Lego show in July, if I can attend. I haven't even thought about CCCVII yet, I had enough trouble getting something finished for this one! :laugh:

As for where I get my bricks, all over the place really. Maxspace has an excellent stock of pieces in a good quantity, but I haven't yet made an order as the prices are just a bit to expensive. Then again, the shipping to NZ is cheaper, so maybe I'll look into it. :wink: Just for example though, he has 649 1x2 light bley bricks listed at 0.06USD each, while I just bought 770 for 0.044USD each. :grin: I try to save where I can, if it is possible, although it is very hard to figure what exactly will be cheaper unless you spend hours researching and comparing prices, which I really can't be bothered doing most of the time.

For a certain castle featuring in a certain Mafia game, but that's all I'll say... :wink: Oh, and also for the NZ Lego show in July, if I can attend. I haven't even thought about CCCVII yet, I had enough trouble getting something finished for this one! :laugh:

As for where I get my bricks, all over the place really. Maxspace has an excellent stock of pieces in a good quantity, but I haven't yet made an order as the prices are just a bit to expensive. Then again, the shipping to NZ is cheaper, so maybe I'll look into it. :wink: Just for example though, he has 649 1x2 light bley bricks listed at 0.06USD each, while I just bought 770 for 0.044USD each. :grin: I try to save where I can, if it is possible, although it is very hard to figure what exactly will be cheaper unless you spend hours researching and comparing prices, which I really can't be bothered doing most of the time.

Just give me some major retailers you like then, Im guessing the shipping hurts more from US or Europe though?

I need to save the money as well

Just give me some major retailers you like then, Im guessing the shipping hurts more from US or Europe though?

I need to save the money as well

Well let's see now. The most recent order I made was from House Of Logos, however if you're looking for light bley bricks (especially 1x2) I just cleaned them out for the moment. :grin: I can also recommend Precious Princess Palace; if you're looking for a certain piece in bulk, look there first! Although she very rarely has light bley bricks, from what I have seen. I bought a pile of ants from her. :sweet: I'd say Maxspace is still a great store, especially if you live fairly close, as the shipping isn't as expensive compared to some American stores etc. Yes, shipping is really my worst enemy. :hmpf_bad: I get most of my orders from America, as the parts selection there is so good, however shipping is always a bit of a let down. I wish there were some good stores here in NZ. :grin:

I take it you've looked at the Bricklink Trusted Sellers List here on EB? There's some good stores there.

Generally what I do though is if there is a particular piece that I want, then I look for it in the catalogue and find the stores that stock it in the correct amount at the cheapest price. Then I look at that store's shipping charges and prices on other bricks to see whether I want to make an order or not.

Hope that helps! :sweet: (I think we may have got a little off topic here... :blush: )

So yes, about that gatehouse... *shifty eyes*

Well let's see now. The most recent order I made was from House Of Logos, however if you're looking for light bley bricks (especially 1x2) I just cleaned them out for the moment. :grin: I can also recommend Precious Princess Palace; if you're looking for a certain piece in bulk, look there first! Although she very rarely has light bley bricks, from what I have seen. I bought a pile of ants from her. :sweet: I'd say Maxspace is still a great store, especially if you live fairly close, as the shipping isn't as expensive compared to some American stores etc. Yes, shipping is really my worst enemy. :hmpf_bad: I get most of my orders from America, as the parts selection there is so good, however shipping is always a bit of a let down. I wish there were some good stores here in NZ. :grin:

I take it you've looked at the Bricklink Trusted Sellers List here on EB? There's some good stores there.

Generally what I do though is if there is a particular piece that I want, then I look for it in the catalogue and find the stores that stock it in the correct amount at the cheapest price. Then I look at that store's shipping charges and prices on other bricks to see whether I want to make an order or not.

Hope that helps! :sweet: (I think we may have got a little off topic here... :blush: )

So yes, about that gatehouse... *shifty eyes*

Yes I often find the piece I want first and then see if there is anything else to order too. Thanks for those shops as I really want some more tan and light bley stuff soon.

It isn't too far off topic as we all need a little FAQ clarification on ordering the necessary pieces for all the modules :devil::look: quick look over there :grin:

It isn't too far off topic as we all need a little FAQ clarification on ordering the necessary pieces for all the modules :devil::look: quick look over there :grin:

From what I've got so far, I think anyone else would have a hell of a time trying to replicate my one. :laugh:

Now, just so it looks like we are on topic, I am currently working on a neat little design for the two archers windows on either side of the gate. It is simple yet I think quite effective, if I could find my camera I would show. I think I might need a couple more Bricklink orders before I'm done though, I've almost run out of 1x3s and 2x2 corner bricks. Not to mention all the stupid plates and large bricks! I tell you, I order one lot of bricks, and then immediately I find myself with a shortage of another type as well! :hmpf_bad: It is so frustrating! :sing:

Ah well, I'll get over it. :grin:

EDIT: ISC, I blame you for this. I just had another look at Maxspace and ended up ordering a whole pile more light bley, including some 2x2 corner pieces which I keep running out of, as well as a few other things. :blush: Another thing I like about his store is that he gives 50% off shipping for orders over 50USD. :sweet: So of course I ended up spending more than I first intended to. :grin:

EDIT: ISC, I blame you for this. I just had another look at Maxspace and ended up ordering a whole pile more light bley, including some 2x2 corner pieces which I keep running out of, as well as a few other things. :blush: Another thing I like about his store is that he gives 50% off shipping for orders over 50USD. :sweet: So of course I ended up spending more than I first intended to. :grin:

Hey you better not have ordered all my Light bley, man now I gotta wait till he restocks :hmpf_bad:

Ooooooook, back on topic, Im halfway through my Dwarven Embassy, so hopefully done soon, though my mighty pirate MOC will have to be broken down :cry_sad:

No problem! Can't wait to see what you build!

1 and 2. I'm the one who does the writing. Don't worry about making a thumbnail. Just make sure that you post a picture of it from the front so that I can put the writing on it and everything. Then I'll post two sizes in my brickshelf folder: a 640x480 and one with a height of 160 that will serve as the thumbnail on the first post.

I don't know what staircase you're talking about. Regardless of what staircase you're talking about, you're still welcome to do it. :classic:

~Thrash

Thanks thrash

But I clearly remember myself being put down for number 26 staircase

But anyway I guess you can put me down when I finally produce a staircase.

Thanks you fellow EB'ers

Finished the Dwarven Embassy. More pics in the Beta Thread

Hint: there is more inside the building than rocks :tongue:

I will have more on the Competition up soon. :classic:

Here's the thumbnail code for your newest creation.

[url="http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=350805"][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thrash6/EBCCB/EBCCBThumbs/dwarvenembassyisc.jpg][/url]

Also, here is the code for CastleLord's War Room:

[b]CastleLord[/b]
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/3192532374/"][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thrash6/EBCCB/EBCCBThumbs/warroomcastlelord.jpg][/url]

And the code for darkagent's Royal Armory:

[url="http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/darkagent/EBCCB/RoyalArmory"][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thrash6/EBCCB/EBCCBThumbs/royalarmorydarkagent.jpg][/url]

Can't wait to hear more about the contest!

Also, thanks to whatever mod/admin gave me my new title! It's great! :thumbup:

~Thrash

Edited by Thrash

I'm pretty sure that I have enough dark bley and light grey for the kitchen, so I'll start on that soon.

Are there any certain things that I might want to include, especially for the interior?

I'm pretty sure that I have enough dark bley and light grey for the kitchen, so I'll start on that soon.

Are there any certain things that I might want to include, especially for the interior?

Stove/oven, maybe a fridge/icebox try for a sink too. Maybe none of those really existed back then but im sure you can come up with something.

Looks like the comp is a goer, so you are all running low on time to get your Team vote modules in ....hehehe

That's great that there will be a contest! :sweet::thumbup: But wait - I looked over the team Alpha list and from what I can tell Pickerel is working on a scientist lab, torture chamber, and secondary gate house :classic: ; Wouwie is doing a kitchen or docks :classic: ; Adam is busy working on a wizard tower and back gate house :classic: ; Quarryman a mad scientist/alchemist :classic: ; Pedro is almost done with his money changer/bank :classic: ; Castlestrike666 and Erdbeereis1 are each in the middle of making a kitchen :classic::classic: ; and Dan Church, Agersborg and Legoking are probably working on something, too! :wink: Our leader, Dragonator has the front gatehouse almost done... :sweet: I also have a guest chamber almost done...but how much time do we have before the contest?? Go Team Alpha!

I will be allowing a little more time for slow Alpha builders to try in vain to catch up too Beta, maybe a couple of weeks.

I will be allowing a little more time for slow Alpha builders to try in vain to catch up too Beta, maybe a couple of weeks.

Ha, we might as well just rename them team slow! :tongue:

Just joking, but I am excited for the contest. :classic:

~Thrash

I smell some Thrash-talk brewing! :tongue: Although I must admit Team Beta seems to have the upper hand. :blush:

This will give me some good motivation to finish... :devil:

Down with Beta! :laugh:

Hello Folks, I just joined last night, and I'm wondering if I can join in the build. I've followed this thread for a while, and I've got a dwarven embassey 98% finished so far. There are some amazing MOC's on this thread!

Hello Folks, I just joined last night, and I'm wondering if I can join in the build. I've followed this thread for a while, and I've got a dwarven embassey 98% finished so far. There are some amazing MOC's on this thread!

Welcome aboard, as long as your build has allowance for the castle wall on the baseplate, as per the first post, we would love to see your work. I have put you into Alpha team.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Cheers

ISC :classic:

Looks like the competitive juices are starting to flow. I just placed a huge order on B-Link this past week. Can't wait to build some more in support of my team. Haven't really heard all that much from Team Alpha in a while. :wink:

Go Team Beta! :tongue:

darkagent

Updated each individuals MOC thumbs with their Team name.

Added stenertje to Beta :blush: , and Waterbrick Down to Alpha, and changed Erbeereis1 to just Erdbeereis :wink:

Also added some new optional builds to the list

Black Falcon Embassy

Wolfpack Embassy

Forestmen Treehouse

If you can think of any others let me know here.

A quick tally of modules shows

Alpha = 14

Beta = 39 (Guess we should thank Thrash hey!)

Total = 54 modules including Thrash's girlfriend. :laugh:

Go ahead and laugh Beta -

I seem to remember an Aesop's fable about a race that involved a quick and gloating hare...

In addition, remember, "He who laughs last, laughs best!"

Alpha will prevail!

P.S. Welcome Waterbrick Down!

Go ahead and laugh Beta -

I seem to remember an Aesop's fable about a race that involved a quick and gloating hare...

In addition, remember, "He who laughs last, laughs best!"

Alpha will prevail!

P.S. Welcome Waterbrick Down!

Yes but unlike the hare in that fable we have a crack team of expert MOC'ers to back up Thrash our hare :devil::wink: