Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

Wow cant wait to get these sets, i love the new clonetroopers and im looking forward to building a whole new army :)

I just found this out a few days ago. If you search Froogle for "ARC-170" or "Clone turbo tank" then the top link on the page leads to TRU. They are selling both of them for 25% off, and it even comes with free shipping! I just ordered mine and the ARC fighter shipped today!

This is the colest thing that has ever happened to me, I get two new sets before the release date, for 25% off with free shipping! :)

If you get yours in, I'll buy mine. THANKS!

PS - saw your Brickshelf gallery. Fun stuff! That ATAT might need longer legs, though. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and... don't put this anywhere else. And mods, keep this on the down-low on the main page - let's keep those SWL-hungry folks at FBTB in the dark for a bit, eh?

I knew Eurobricks was evil. *glasses*

Excellent.

Please post pics of the turbo tank as soon as you get it, especially some interior shots. :-D

I didn't know that they sold the wookie catamaran as well, I should have ordered one. Oh, bloody jay, the walker is a HAW (heavy assault walker) and it is meant for city streets (it is just thin enough to fit on a road plate) its legs are shorter because of the chin gun, with short legs it is right at the enemies level. I like brik wars and needed a walker, so I made one myself because I couldn't find an official AT-AT.

I think its just as good :)

I wonder how FBTB found out? the guy who posted said that he got it from somewhere else. I did post this in another discussion earlier, maybe thats where he got it. it scares me to know that even now they could be spying on us 8-|.

Edit: I just found out, someone with the exact same name replied to my post when i first talked about it in another thread. they are spying on us!!!!

I wonder how FBTB found out? the guy who posted said that he got it from somewhere else. I did post this in another discussion earlier, maybe thats where he got it. it scares me to know that even now they could be spying on us .

Edit: I just found out, someone with the exact same name replied to my post when i first talked about it in another thread. they are spying on us!!!!

Yep, that was me.

I'm new to Lego since December 2004 (well, I did build them A LOT about 25 years ago too). I frequent both sites (as well as Rebelscum) and figured I would share the news to others who would be as excited as I was. At least I didn't take credit for it, I did mention I got it somewhere else (which was your post.)

I also posted (on both sites) that TRU was running an add in the Sunday paper for buy one get one 50% off. Some of you are lucky enough to have EP III sets in your local TRU and can take advantage of that now. For those of us who don't have a local TRU or they don't have their EP III stock in yet, your post made our day.

At any rate, the new sets are on their way and we will all be building ARC 170s, Clone Turbo Tanks and Wookiee Catamarans soon enough... :-D :-D

there is a starfighter plus vulture droid for 14$ as well... didn't see anything on the clone turbo tank tho...

unfortunately, they don't ship these things outside the us *sing*

it's soooooo frustrating...

Good to see that this post did some good. mine shipped yesterday, it should arrive soon. does anyone have interior pics of the clone tank? i've been looking but i can't find any.

I hate it when lego uses the same idea in a set twice. like with the catamaran and the engine of the tank. they should make the tank engine look different.

I totally agree with you but if this can make the sets cheaper, why not - and there is always the opportunity to modify TLC version ;)

and there is always the opportunity to modify TLC version ;)

You have a point. now i have to choose, make more room for my troops, or make a cooler engine

can't decide! GRRRRRR *devil*

http://fbtb.net/toyfair/2005/sw/7261_5_m.jpg

What the heck is that supposed to be? and it looks like there is a phone on the top  :-D

maybe the troopers need it to communicate.

Those are indeed phones in the LEGO sense of the word. I'm guessing they're just generic circuitry in the set, though, not anything specific. ;)

i think the official term for these phones is "bars", so they can be whatever you want them to be :P

yeah... i also use them as phones... it's stupid tho... you'd think they'd use something a lot more modern in the future than a good old fashioned telephone like that. :P

Hey, you can get those "phones" (that are much too big for a minifig by the way) in yellow in the World City Rescue Chopper ;)

they look like phones, anyway :P

they are also quite rare. in fact, these phones :P :P are one of the reasons why i'm going to buy this clone tank as soon as i see them on the shelves... i think the tank has at least 4 :oo :oo