Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

It's changed a little since the last time we saw it.

- There's printing/stickers on the yellow tiles at the front of the Starfighter

- There's printing/stickers on the inside of the wings

- There's grill pieces under the wings instead of a 2x2 tile

- A new round 2x2 tile at the back

- There's a rounded piece at the top of the Droid Fighter instead of an "angled" one

- There's red lasers on the wings of it

Damn, the set looks much better in these pictures and the actual detail and size of the picture is better than the previous 2005 set pictures shown

Well, on Rebelscum I asked:

Will we get a preview tomorrow?

and the reply was:

Yep. Unless there's something good to watch on telly

So we should be seeing Ultimate Lightsaber Duel tomorrow :-D

Looks better than I thought it would be! I had doubts about how they would do the lizard thing, but I really like how it looks. Should be a fun set to play with.

First person to score a good shot of the Grievous minifig wins.... a... non-punch-to-the-face. :)

Looks great! ANyone noticed the printed hair on Anakin's face? cool!

Hey, you're right! That's pretty neat, should add to the whole dark side-ness of his minifig. :)

Obviously there will be a preview tomorrow...we've been getting one each day...see the pattern? :-D

I agree with most of you here, the set looks much better than before. I see some good parts to be used in other LEGO projects.

Sadly, we have to live with those skin-tone minifigs until the end of the license! Which totally plain sucks. *devil*

The only thing that annoys me about the skin tone is that if they really had to do it, it should have been done at the start of the license and not half way through >:(

Anyone know how to hack because someone should break in the www.rebelscum.com site and take the LEGO pictures. They obviously have 'em all. The wait is killing me.

I don't think he's uploaded any of them onto the website yet, so it would be a bit hard to hack them ;)

This set looks alot better than it did when we first saw the picture.

I really like the new head for Anakin, and I think that the Jedi starfighter looks great.. I love the angle of the wings!

I didn't realise how much the vulture droid is like the droid starfighter.. but it looks alot cooler in sand blue!

I am quite impressed with this set.. I'm pretty sure I will buy it.

Jon.

I can't wait to see the Lighsaber duel set tomorrow.. it should be awesome!! It will really top of a great day.

And that republic ship has evolved alot from the one we saw in AOTC.. no guesses to what it will become!

Jon.

I'm almost certain I'll buy this set, especially since it comes out in February, so there's no other sets to be getting at the time.

Well i think that this set will sell quite well, the new print on anakins face looks good and it helps to make him look more nasty.

Anyone know when in feb this will be released???

Well according to Lego.com the TIE Fighter set comes out on February 1st, so I would guess this comes out at the same time.