Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Preview of Odysseus' main ship

Guys, since I've worked hard the 2 previous nights, here is a preview pic of Team Odysseus' main ship !!!!

I really struggled with the booster ring, and its attachment to the main body parts consisting of 6 modules !!!!

It lacks some details (cockpit), I'm not convinced by the rear of the modules...

It still needs a name hehe.

But I think the overall shape looks great !!! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out (after rebuilding the main body like 20 times, and the same with the engines and booster ring).

Its still an ongoing project, so any remarks, thumbs ups and criticism are more than welcome ;)

Oops, forgot the pic (sorry guys, and I couldn't modify my post to add it, nor delete it :$ ).

Hope you loke it so far !!!

post-11-1124451448.jpg

I like the fact you kept one single design for the whole collection. One complain though : I hoped it could be bigger :'(

Great work Yoda.. I don't "loke" it (;) hehe) I love it!

As Jipay said, the design and colour scheme is perfect in fitting in with the other models, I can see a tie-fighter sort of thing going on here :P

The shape you achieved with the clicky-hinges is great, a real round shape and it looks pro! I want more pictures of the back to see the engines (I like how you re-designed the engines on the last one)

The enginey things on the sides and top/bottom work well, but maybe you could greeblie them up a little? I am sure that the concept pic you showed us (can't find it now!) was a little more "busy".

Overall..? Excellent stuff, I can't wait to see the rest of the series!

Jon.

Tks Jon for your kind words :$

Concerning the engines:

* I still need to ad a lot of little wings (like on the concept ship)

* I had a problem concerning the top and bottom double engines. See where it connects with the main body, the version that had more greebles was 3 studs wide and was not stable at all, so I had to get rid of 1 stud (which alters negativelly the looks of the engines).

And I have to rethink the rear ;)