Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

Captain Green Hair goes to Belgium

Thank you for tuning in fellow Eurobrickers!

After Errorist visited me in Amsterdam, it was time for me to visit him and his brother Ruben in Antwerp, yeah that's in Belgium Americans. :tongue:

After arrival in the totally renewed train station, wich is beautyful i must add, i dropped off my gear and we went to the Antwerp Maritime museum.

We had a chance to see some awesome ship models:

A.jpg

It was also interesting to see that the early telescopes aren't as small as we think, just check out the white one behind Errorist:

B.jpg

Here you can also see some old navigation tools:

C.jpg

After that we got some beers and crossed the river ''de Schelde'' through the st. Anna tunnel wich is kinda long:

D.jpg

So we chilled out for a bit untill it was time for dinner. I had the chance to meet their mom who was nice enough to let e stay at her house for 3 days, thaks again! After dinner we played a bit with the dog Tess, wich was awesome and after that there was ofcourse lego and beer. :sweet:

The next day we visited their dad who has an awesome collection of books about ships, i had a chance to see some awesome work and write down some titles i must get!

In the afternoon we met up with Snefroe and Bonaparte to come and see Errorists WIP ship L'etoile, later after that we went to party With Boney and his friends in Nijlen.

And here we all are, from left to right there is Errorist, Snefroe, Bonaparte and me almost standing on my head already below :grin:

E.jpg

Snefroe went totally nuts:

H.jpg

There was a miss wet t-shirt competition, but my crap camera wouldn't allow me to take a good picture, or was it the Belgian beer?

Sorry Ras :cry_sad:

J.jpg

Here's me and Bonaparte discussing if we should ban the bad kid or not :grin:

I.jpg

Houston we have a problem: we lost Ruben: :tongue:

F.jpg

This was actually the most important guy in the village, he delivers Bonaparte's BL orders! :grin:

G.jpg

All Bonaparte's friends were real cool people, thanks for partying with us! :thumbup:

After that party we needed to fix up our bikes a bit to ride back to antwerp, so Boney took us to his dad's workshop wich was awesome sice there was his porsche and also a VW Karman Ghia :grin:

Excuse my steady hand, it was 04.00 AM and the beer still wasn't helping:

K.jpg

So we had to ride 25 kilometres back to Antwerp on Belgian bikes, we had 1 bike with a loose steer, one bike wich had a broken breakline and one with a sadle as high as a horse...Belgians :tongue:

After about 1,5 hours we made it, but i barely fell a sleep, so it was just in time :grin:

On sunday we slept in and in the afternoon we got to work together on Errorosts ship.

Again we managed to work well together, we fixed a large part of his stern module.

L.jpg

During my trip i learned some Flemmisch words, the most funny word being ''opproperingsbeurt''.

In Belgium this means when something is not nice and tidy and it needs to be, you put it outside in the rain untill it is.....Belgians :tongue:

Well after that they thought it was time to leave their house, and they figured they'd need some lightsabers to get me out:

M.jpg

I fought like a lion:

N.jpg

But i lost and had to go..... :cry_sad:

Lucky enough the guys still knew a good italian restaurant downtown, so i didn't have to travel on an empty stomach. :grin:

I for one had a blast, thanks to everyone that was there! :thumbup:

A big shout out to you all and we will meet again!

Seems like you had great fun!

I would have liked to be there :wink:

H.jpg

Houston, the beer got Sne. I repeat the beer got sne. He still owes me a space tag. Cheap space shmuk...

How long would you say till the ship is built? I can't wait to see some pics of it built. It looks huge! Is it the one he designed in LDD?

Stauder.

H.jpg

Houston, the beer got Sne. I repeat the beer got sne. He still owes me a space tag. Cheap space shmuk...

How long would you say till the ship is built? I can't wait to see some pics of it built. It looks huge! Is it the one he designed in LDD?

Stauder.

Better yet it looks as if the heat got to him too!

Looks like you guys had great fun, too bad the members that actually live in my city are banned :cry_sad:.

I think I see Sne getting a new title some time soon...

Sweet party guys! :thumbup: Must have been fun. Ummm, about the picture of Sne....I agree about the whole, new title thing... :tongue: That first picture of the ship is awesome. I wish I was there so I could build it out of Lego's.... :cry_sad: Sweet lightsabers! :yoda:

After arrival in the totally renewed train station, wich is beautyful i must add, i dropped off my gear and we went to the Antwerp Maritime museum.

During my trip i learned some Flemmisch words, the most funny word being ''opproperingsbeurt''.

In Belgium this means when something is not nice and tidy and it needs to be, you put it outside in the rain untill it is.....Belgians :tongue:

If you'd like a pic, here's an image of the train station. It has a big dome and a half circular glass metal dome spanning for a hundred or two or so metres. During recent renovations underground and high speed lines were laid out as well. It really is a beauty.

antwerp1.jpg

antwerp-train.jpg

Greenhair claimed he could build the thing in ten minutes. He ended building it in one minute, however four red bricks and two tan plates don't make a station. He replied: 'I still have nine munites to mod and tweak the thing.' :laugh: I believe he got bored cause he never got 'round to the "modding" part :pirate:

To give something an 'opproperbeurt' would translate literally as an 'upcleaningturn'. However, Errorist uses the word in many different contexts. Apparently you can also use it when referring to 'pimping' (something, not someone, mind you) :laugh::laugh:

Is it the one he designed in LDD?

Yes it is :wink:

Also, I never quite imagined Bonaparte (top) to bear such an uncanny resemblance to our prime minister, Yves Leterme (bottom)

image019.jpg

yves-leterme.jpg

Ah, boner's party (he actually helped organise it) :tongue: We had such a blast ...

Ok i just had to comment on these pictures even though i havn't been online for a long long time! So I have forgotten all of the features such as quoting and all so bare with me. I love these pictures it looks like you guys had a terrific time!

Picture 4 (in the tunnel)- question for Ruben, is this where your surprise picture was taken? I really feel bad for the poor pedestrians who had to pass a drunk Captain green hair! :laugh:

Picture 6 ( Sne) looks like someone needs a change of shirts haha :wink:

Picture 9 (Where's Ruben?) My personal favorite! Ruben looks as if he has just realised he's going to have to spend an entire night with this bunch of Lego hooligans! :laugh: Errorist and Sne look like they're having fun though so i'm sure Ruben doesn't mind!

Really looks like a fun times guys very enjoyable topic thanks for sharing! :wink:

Picture 9 (Where's Ruben?) My personal favorite! Ruben looks as if he has just realised he's going to have to spend an entire night with this bunch of Lego hooligans! :laugh: Errorist and Sne look like they're having fun though so i'm sure Ruben doesn't mind!

I was 'adjusting' my hair! =P

I was 'adjusting' my hair! =P

You sure you havn't just realised your brother has told you your paying for the drinks Ruben? :laugh:

Plus now you mention it i think Bonaparte looks alot like Matt Dawson who used to play for the English rugby union:

1260_h250.jpg

(maybe not so much in this pic but reminded me of him none the less :wink: )

Cool pics! Some were taken after a lot of beers :laugh:

The next day my voice was almost gone... . We have to do this again!

It was great meeting all of you guys. I know this will only be the first of a long row of similar "events" :wink: