Sign in to follow this  
SpacePolice89

Space references in Lego video games

It was a very positive surprise when I discovered the playable Blacktron and Classic Space minifigs in the Lego Movie 2 game. I also like to play the original Lego Racers where there are many space minifigs and maps. What about the other games, do they have any space content?

Lego worlds has an entire dlc pack focused on classic space, I haven't played it yet but it looks like you can unlock all the classic spacemen and some vehicle builds, I'm pretty excited to get it but waiting on a sale, you can get the main game for under 10 bucks digitally and the space pack is like 4 dollars full price.

Posted (edited)

Lego Universe: Moonbase (a Classic Space world) made by the World Builder League, which has quests where you get the parts to assemble a 918 into a rocket called the 'Moonbase rocket'. It also has Grabbles, aliens inspired by Facehuggers from Aliens, but they also sort of resemble Fleebnorks (space fan-made alien creations from the early 2000's), but in tan instead of transparent colors. (links go to the LEGO Universe wiki)

Edited by Murdoch17

10 hours ago, Space Coyote said:

Lego worlds has an entire dlc pack focused on classic space, I haven't played it yet but it looks like you can unlock all the classic spacemen and some vehicle builds, I'm pretty excited to get it but waiting on a sale, you can get the main game for under 10 bucks digitally and the space pack is like 4 dollars full price.

That sounds very interesting and the game is also available for the Ps4 which I have.

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Lego Universe: Moonbase (a Classic Space world) made by the World Builder League, which has quests where you get the parts to assemble a 918 into a rocket called the 'Moonbase rocket'. It also has Grabbles, aliens inspired by Facehuggers from Aliens, but they also sort of resemble Fleebnorks (space fan-made alien creations from the early 2000's), but in tan instead of transparent colors. (links go to the LEGO Universe wiki)

Is Lego Universe still available? I found this information online

@SpacePolice89 The game was shut down in early 2012 by LEGO, but there is a recreation out there using files and assets from the game taken (I think) from an old discarded server. Now that it's gone open source, you have to download the server and run that while playing the game as well, but you will be the only player on that server. My brother is trying to get a server up and running for the three of us in my family that played it way back when. It may require some coding knowledge, as there as glitches and bugs to fix before you can play.

I hope this answers your questions.

3 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

@SpacePolice89 The game was shut down in early 2012 by LEGO, but there is a recreation out there using files and assets from the game taken (I think) from an old discarded server. Now that it's gone open source, you have to download the server and run that while playing the game as well, but you will be the only player on that server. My brother is trying to get a server up and running for the three of us in my family that played it way back when. It may require some coding knowledge, as there as glitches and bugs to fix before you can play.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks for the information. It was very helpful!

On 5/2/2024 at 2:06 AM, SpacePolice89 said:

That sounds very interesting and the game is also available for the Ps4 which I have.

Hey I just wanted to let you know lego worlds is on sale for very cheap now on ps4, the space add on is cheap too. I started playing this morning it only took an hour to unlock the classic space area, it's awesome!

11 hours ago, Space Coyote said:

Hey I just wanted to let you know lego worlds is on sale for very cheap now on ps4, the space add on is cheap too. I started playing this morning it only took an hour to unlock the classic space area, it's awesome!

Thanks! I have to check it out.