Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 75581 Minions' Music Party Bus

Here is my review on LEGO Despicable Me 4 75581 Minions' Music Party Bus:

THE GOOD:

• QR code sticker to a short video.
  • Great for Minion army building.
  • Love the DJ deck with spinning record.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Bus is really short, ratio wise, and it does feel repetitive when building the upper are of it.
  • RRP is probably $10NZD too expensive considering the content.

This is another set I managed to get earlier than the dated launch.  This set comes with 3 regular minions and 1 mega-minion which is great if you want to build a minions army.   All 4 minions are unique and I like this mega minion with a cape moulded to its head.  The bus itself is fairly short but have decent width.  I like how the the front is designed and it has party features like DJ deck, dance floor and a jacuzzi/pool.  I think the driver area could have been utilise more.  The bus can be opened up quite wide for the minions to party but given the minions size, it's hard to fit all of them in.  Couple of cool graphics design on the stickers and there is one QR code which you can scan to navigate to a special page to watch a LEGO Minion short =). The DJ deck is pretty cool though as you can actually spin the record.  Having said that, while the bus has a some interesting building techniques involve, but it does also feel repetitive when you start building the uppper area of the bus.  It's a set perfect for minions lovers but can be underwhelming given the recommend retail price.