Posted (edited)

I present to you my latest project: The Aston Martin Valkyrie 42154 alternate build. A representation of the mindblowingly fast f1-inspired hypercar for the road in lego technic form. The Valkyrie truly represents the pinnacle of automotive engineering and performance!

Instructions on rebrickable https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-179924/Marvelous_Bricks/aston-martin-valkyrie-42154-alternate-build/

527x450.jpg600x450.jpg600x450.jpg600x450.jpg600x450.jpg

Features:
HOG steering
Working steering wheel
Gull-wing doors
Independent suspension
Working V12 engine
Opening engine cover (openable with HOG)
Detailed interior
Differential
Windshield wiper
Adjustable spoiler

This is definitely the most complex MOC I have ever designed, and the overall design process has been quite challenging!

It all started with the V12 engine that had to be small enough to fit in the tiny engine space. Just like the Valkyrie engine which was created in collaboration with Cosworth, the engine in this model was built using an engine design created by a very talented MOC designer, SUPER8_LTG. A modified version of his V8 piston engine (6x6x5 studs) was used to create a compact, stable and reliable V12 engine that fits perfectly in the Valkyrie and runs smoothly under high rpms.

600x450.jpg600x450.jpg
The next challenge was the recreation of the many intricate body lines and aerodynamic elements that give the car a whopping 2000+ pounds of downforce. Luckily the original set comes with plenty of panel fairings and curved panels that help replicate all the complicated angles of the car. Almost every panel is fixed in place.

600x450.jpg

The implementation of the steering mechanism combined with a low hanging front has also been a big challenge. After many iterations I finally achieved a way to implement a functional steering wheel and HOG steering mechanism that provides the best of both worlds!

600x450.jpg

Given the exceptional nature of this hypercar I wanted to make sure everything works perfectly and that the car is very stable. I've done extensive research on building techniques used in official sets so the available pieces could be used efficiently and the structure of the build could be as stable as an official LEGO set.

Edited by Marvelous Bricks

Looks great!
I purchased the sets for parts only, and most of them sit in the drawer still, if you ever publish instructions I might build this instead :)

52 minutes ago, Divitis said:

Looks great!
I purchased the sets for parts only, and most of them sit in the drawer still, if you ever publish instructions I might build this instead :)

Thanks a lot! If you are interested, the instructions are on rebrickable https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-179924/Marvelous_Bricks/aston-martin-valkyrie-42154-alternate-build/

45 minutes ago, Paul B Technic said:

I love this, it has such a great level of detail.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate the feedback! It was a big challenge but im very happy with the end result!