Sign in to follow this  
jainser

Identifying a part

Hi,

I am slowly working my way through all the lego in the loft (pretty much a box of pieces - some sets resembled that they were - the easy bit!!). Pretty much finished putting together the kits that have instructions. However I do have pieces that look interesting and want to know where they are from and if I can make it. So to make a simple question very long is there an easy way to identify parts?

Thank you for any help and edvice

Kind regards

Pete

Google lens, knowledge, search/browse at bricklink or other parts sites, ask others in this thread ...

My first tip is to try any of the apps out there that claim they are able to ID parts, as those can help. 

Next idea: if you have a few parts, take photos and put them into the thread MAB linked and the brain banks here can help. If you have a lot of parts, I would suggest making a quick grid on a sheet of paper with numbers for each square, pop the parts in each and take one photo. Share that photo on the thread and members can use the easy labels to help ID parts. One photo is faster than lots. 

Personally, I know I can help ID parts, even clone brands (if not to set, at least manufacturer).

You know, got to be honest, this was me being a little lazy - your right, bit of google time and I've found some of them. Quite a lot of fun actually!!!

Came across a 1976 Taxi Station whilst doing this. Was looking up a black 2 x 3 brick with 'Taxi' on it and it was only in 1 kit! That obviously made it a lot easier. Then I was off!! Found a lot more of the kit as well. This must have been in a box load I brought off of ebay years ago. So far in total I've found 33 sets. Not all complete unfortunately but nothing major missing. Not sure if I can bothered to order all the missing bits or not. Might just leave it for my kids in years to come :pir-laugh:

I'm getting towards the end of this now, had lots of fun. Made a lot of then up as much as can be then bagged and tagged them. In a dust proof box and back up in the loft!!