Sign in to follow this  
Henkeso

[SPC] Cat B: Skull Station

Posted (edited)

For this build, I was inspired by the various Skull Island sets that Lego has released over the years. They usually feature a cove with a skull-shaped entrance, with a few structures that mark it as a safe harbor for pirates.

My version is this - Skull Station:

720x1280.JPG

I decided early on that the skull on the front would be more like a Terminator skull than the typical white one. Putting lasers in the eyes just seemed like the right thing to do.

1280x720.JPG

The main concourse is dedicated entirely to a bar, loosely inspired by the Mos Eisley cantina.

1280x720.JPG

As a little easter egg, I put a few Blacktron and Spyrius figs in the back of the bar. A shady deal of some kind is obviously going on, just the type that Skull Station is known for.

1280x720.JPG

The bottom of the build is a hangar deck, and I hope to have a small craft ready that can fit in the hangar by the time of the deadline.

This is still a work in progress - I still have an entire upper story to build, but I wanted to show what I managed to put together so far. I showed it today at the Klossfestivalen exhibition in Jönköping, Sweden.

Edited by Henkeso
Updated with slightly better photos

Oh i love that intergalactic pirate bar! :pir-love: I like the entrance portal and the bar with all the pipes and bottles and stuff! Looking forward to see what you'll add to the build.

And welcome to the forum @Henkeso :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you for the welcome and the encouragement! The main thing that's missing right now is a level above the bar, that I plan to put the captain's quarters on. And some better pictures - of all the aspects of the Lego hobby, photography is the one I find most challenging. Hope you guys can see past that :)

Great location. The post-apocalyptic metal skull is a nice touch for an asteroid pirate base.

18 hours ago, Henkeso said:

And some better pictures - of all the aspects of the Lego hobby, photography is the one I find most challenging. Hope you guys can see past that :)

Photography is something i also struggle with. I even bought a better camera just to take pictures of my Lego :pir_laugh2: but the skills totally elude me.

Looks like a great build with lots of nice and interesting details! I think it could benefit greatly from better pictures (and light). Quite challenging to capture a big model like this in all its detail but I think it will be worth the effort!