Sign in to follow this  
Henkeso

[SPC] Cat A: The Skull Station Crew

Posted (edited)

Here's my crew for the space pirate competition! Making these figs was a lot of fun. Today, I exhibited them (as well as a build that I will enter for category B) at the Swedish Klossfestivalen exhibition in Jönköping!

Skull Station is known throughout the Caribbean Galaxy as a hive of scum and villainy. The fearsome crew keep the station in ship shape.

1280x720.JPG

Captain Goldbar McZero:

800x450.JPG

The McZero clan of automated trader-bots is wealthy beyond measure, thanks to the infallible stock market algorithms they are programmed with. However, every family has a failson, even a robotic lineage that reproduces by assembly line manufacture. Goldbar McZero was created with a miniscule variation in their risk assessment protocols, so tiny and seemingly insignificant that it was ignored by the McZero's strict quality assurance scanners, but causing a cascade of failures that affected Goldbar's judgement. For causing the first net loss in the history of their clan (and for collapsing the economy of 30 star systems in the process), Goldbar was exiled from the clan and struck out as an "independent entrepreneur", ending up captaining a hollowed-out asteroid in the middle of nowhere.

C1-B1:

800x450.JPG

Originally a peaceful butlertron specialized in service and customer relations, C1-B1's existence was overturned when their owner commanded them to "download pirate software". Unfortunately for the owner, C1-B1 took the instruction literally and overwrote their core operating system with a copy of the infamous FreeBOOT OS that it managed to access from the darknet. Since then, C1-B1 embarked on a ruthless campaign of looting, pillaging, and starting every sentence with the exclamation "yarr".

Li'l Snapper:

800x450.JPG

A cyborg Rocodilian from the wasteland planet of Kroax, Snapper is a surprisingly gentle being despite her lumbering appearance. A warrior-poet and author of several philosophical treatises (as well as five hit singles), Snapper is content serving as the station's security officer and external maintenance engineer.

Deck Chief Grombo Bricksbane:

800x450.JPG

Former Swarmer-Commando of the Loperian Star Locusts, Grombo traded a lucrative career (certain to end in a battlefield death) in the service of an evil empire for the relative safety and freedom of being deckhand and chief cook on Skull Station. His Loperian Noodle Slop is considered the best in the sector, according to top restaurant critics!

Silaria, Last Queen of the Aluth:

800x945.JPG

A survivor of a cataclysm that destroyed her people's homeworld, Silaria believes that the reason for the disaster was a secret superweapon deployed by the Galactic Federation. The list of targets for her vengeance keeps on growing, but her warlike spirit is useful for keeping the station safe from intruders.

Warsmith Tok'Ra Grakath:

531x945.JPG

Former Chief Warsmith of the Magmarian Horde, Tok'Ra was dishonorably discharged for creating a toxic work environment by berating her apprentices and occasionally flooding the forges with noxious vapors. Expecting to return in triumph when her people rise as a true horde again and shake off the yoke of such coddling nonsense as "health and safety regulations" and "HR department heads", Tok'Ra spends her time engineering artisanal weapons of individual (and occasional mass) destruction, her greatest pride being the ship-killer lasers installed in the eye sockets of Skull Station's eponymous skull. 

Edited by Henkeso
Added the last figure picture and description

Some great minifigs you have there! The evil butlertron and Grombo Bricksbane are my favorites. So good!

Thanks! The theme of the competition's great for making funny, eclectic builds, and I made a lot more figs than this crew of 6 - but these were my favorites.

Oh, i missed Tok'Ra Grakath. Or did you add the picture later? Anyway, she looks great too! And i like the presentation with the panel in the back :thumbup:

Thanks again! Yeah, I realized I'd missed taking a picture of her, so I added it today.

Quite the motley crew you've assembled. Interesting inclusion of the Friends/Elves figure.