The Reader

[MOD] Pontoon Plane (set 5925)

Another one of my favourite Adventurers' sets from the 1999 jungle subtheme: set 5925 - Pontoon Plane.

As I thought the hull of the plane in its original configuration looked somewhat weird, I did two modifications: First I lenghtened the hull by four studs so the plane can fit now two minifigs (or one minifig and some cargo) instead of only one minifig. Second I lowered the seat of the pilot by two plates so that Harry Cane's head doesn't look out above the upper wings.

What do you think? Critics and comments are as always very welcome.

0_0163

0_0164

0_0165

0_0166

0_0167

That does look a lot better. Thanks for posting.

Looks great! My only criticism would be that it’s odd for Harry to carry a safe into the jungle. I think a wooden crate would be more appropriate and “Adventure-y” (unless you don’t want to use any molds that didn’t exist when the original set came out). 

9 hours ago, icm said:

That does look a lot better. Thanks for posting.

Thank you very much! Very appreciated!

8 hours ago, Oky said:

Looks great! My only criticism would be that it’s odd for Harry to carry a safe into the jungle. I think a wooden crate would be more appropriate and “Adventure-y” (unless you don’t want to use any molds that didn’t exist when the original set came out). 

Thank you very much! I wanted to use that "safe" as a safe and stable cargo box for that golden goblet. :classic:

Edited by The Reader