Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 60417 Police Speedboat and Crooks' Hideout

Here is my review on LEGO City 60417 Police Speedboat and Crooks' Hideout:

THE GOOD:

• Very good gangster minifigure.
  • The speedboat has a good build and very sporty look.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• It's a bit bland and not many play feature.
  • The green container has too many gaps to incorporate the play feature.

This wasn't on my wish list originally until I notice one of the bad guy minifigure, with an 30% discount a week earlier, I decided to buy this instead of waiting for the parts being available on PAB.   First, the minifigure did not disappoint, it may be one of the most Badass looking minifigure lately.  And surprisingly with legs printing too.  The face and hair have a strong resemblance of Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho.   However, the set itself is just OK in my opinion.  While the police speedboat is a nice surprise with refreshing building experience and very sport look, the rest of it really bland.  And the play features limit to a few thing only.  And because of the play feature incorporated in the blue shipping container, it causes a lot of gap around it.  Even the main hideout is hard to say it's an hide out.  Having said that, I do appreciate we get a new bull dog with new colour collar.  Without discount at $55NZD,  it's really not worth it considering the contents.  However, if you also like me love the minifigure design and don't want to wait for PAB availability,  then I would recommend this set if you able to get a decent discount =)