Sign in to follow this  
SpacePolice89

Where are sets with factory code TX manufactured?

My 40580 Blacktron Cruiser has the factory code O which is Billund, Denmark. I bought it from a German Ebay store. I recently watched a Youtube video from Jang's Lego Reviews about the Blacktron Cruiser and the code on his box is TX. I found this discussion about factory codes but they have no certain information about T or X or TX:

12 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Maybe it is a special code they use for review-sets?

That is a possibility. Then they could easily distinguish the review sets from the regular ones. The North American box for the set is also a bit different from the European/international one. Because of the set being a limited GWP I find it hard to believe that it would be assembled in two separate locations. I have also never before seen two letters in a factory code.

18 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Maybe it is a special code they use for review-sets?

Do we know anyone here on Eurobricks that reviews set? Maybe we could ask that person about the codes on the review boxes?

On 2/8/2024 at 2:02 PM, SpacePolice89 said:

Maybe we could ask that person about the codes on the review boxes?

Doesn't seem to be a factor these days. All review sets are regular sets as far as I have seen (not myself, just on other people's sets). Otherwise I would concur that they are probably specially packaged items. Someone once explained on a blog that before there was the LEGO Ambassador Network review packages were handled by conventional marketing agencies and for a long time they even had to return the sets. It would therefore make sense they'd mark them specifically so they didn't end up in shady places. Also keep in mind that this was long before they had their big packaging and logistics facilities and production wasn't as automated. So some poor soul probably had to package these by hand months before the actual production runs/ street dates.

Mylenium

3 hours ago, Mylenium said:

Doesn't seem to be a factor these days. All review sets are regular sets as far as I have seen (not myself, just on other people's sets). Otherwise I would concur that they are probably specially packaged items. Someone once explained on a blog that before there was the LEGO Ambassador Network review packages were handled by conventional marketing agencies and for a long time they even had to return the sets. It would therefore make sense they'd mark them specifically so they didn't end up in shady places. Also keep in mind that this was long before they had their big packaging and logistics facilities and production wasn't as automated. So some poor soul probably had to package these by hand months before the actual production runs/ street dates.

Mylenium

Thanks for the information. Then we can rule out TX as a code for review sets. Have you seen TX or T or X before?

Nope. And now that I see it, I think I misread your question and talking about "old wartime stories". Sorry. I'd maintain the position that these are probably specially packaged somewhere, though.

Mylenium