Sign in to follow this  
Sovey

[MOC] Diablo II - The Moldy Tome

...And so it came to pass that the Countess, who once bathed in the rejuvenating blood of a hundred virgins, was buried alive... And her castle in which so many cruel deeds took place fell rapidly into ruin. Rising over the buried dungeons in that god-forsaken wilderness, a solitary tower, like some monument to Evil, is all that remains.
The Countess' fortune was believed to be divided among the clergy, although some say that more remains unfound, still buried alongside the rotting skulls that bear mute witness to the inhumanity of the human creature.

MOC inspired by a small location in Diablo 2. In act 1 we find "The Moldy Tome", after reading it we begin a quest to find the forgotten tower and slay the Countess. If you played Diablo 2 in the good old times you'll quickly recognize characters and items I recreated. 

It is also my first build after a long break, I had to order some of the new pieces that didn't exist back in the old times 10+ years ago. Got a lot of these olive green parts for landscaping. I tried to use some "modern" techniques, actually my first time ever making a freeform base.

53511369524_6d8001fa0f_b.jpgThe Moldy Tome by Soveyy, on Flickr

Hope you'll like it!

Edited by Sovey

Fantastic MOC. Absolutely love it. It’s a very accurate recreation of the game, it reminds me I should start playing it again very soon.

Wonderful build. The decrepit feel is spot on. Sadly, I'm not familiar with the source materials.