ErfinderDesRades

Hello my name is Andreas

Hi everybody,

as written in the subject, my name is Andreas. I'm 66 years old and infected wth the Lego virus since I was a child. At that time I was building trucks like this

Tankzug 3180 als Lenk-Lkw im Stil der 70er Jahre :: LEGO bei ...

and I was deeply impressed by the "hightech" designs I was able to create.

Nowerdays the models look quite a bit different, but the excitement is still the same.

Meanwhile I'm designing my own technic models respectively modifications of existing models and I'm also creating my own building instructions using LDCad (mostly and sometimes also stud.io) and LPub3D.

Every now and then I've been watching this forum and found some interesting information and suggestions, so I decided to make it official and create an account. 

And maybe I could share some of my experience with other people on this very interesting forum.

Best regards from sunny Bremen

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses. I guess my introduction post was a little bit misleading. When I'm talking about designing this is more or less like modifying existing models. During the past few years I have bought a lot of official models and also some MOC building instructions. But none of them I built in the original way. Means I always found some points which I didn't like, or which I considered improvable and so I modified them.

So in the very end I'm not a real LEGO designer, but rather a tinkerer.

I'm mainly interested in LEGO Technic models such as trucks, cranes, crane trucks and construction machinery. I have several "projects" based on official and unofficial models and MOCs waiting to get finished (unfortunately I still have to spent some time for the job). For all of these I'm generating, parallel to the actual building process, 3D models in order to setup the concerning building instructions.

So nothing really special.

Greetings from sunny Bremen

Edited by ErfinderDesRades