Started working on this a while back trying to find a style I like. I'm going for a hand-drawn style that I don't actually have to draw :) Does this look too much like what it is (image processed renders)? Feedback most welcome!

hLnvQfR.png

Honestly, yeah it does. 

I mean, if that's the style you like, that's ok.

But I have to recommend just making these with actual bricks, like a stop motion animation minus a couple thousands pictures.

Here are some of the more obvious problems :

-the destroyed droid on the right (from the reader's point of view) of the tank looks like it is floating

-the lighting and shadows aren't great, which makes the scene less credible

-the laser shots are far too straight for an actual battle ; they should be chaotic and almost random (since the troops are shaking and jumping and moving between shots).

-Finally, this doesn't really look hand-drawn (which it isn't, but still)- the giveaway is the fact that there is a lack of depth to computer generated pictures.

Don't get me wrong, there's clearly some pretty good work here, and this looks just like Lego's official animations from a decade ago, so not too shabby considering your limited budget.

Hi, always great to see other comic creators work. My advice is to do what you are happy with. Also have a look at what other creators do. Visit Foolish Bricks Lego Brick Comics on the Internet - the ultimate list | Foolish Bricks for a listing of Brick comics.  The creator also has some very good photographic ideas if that is the way you wish to go.

For my own comic The Guard I build the sets out of Lego, create characters and take photographs (long, short, close up shots similar to a film). Then marshal all the photographs onto whichever software 'page' you're using and add dialogue, sound effects and so on.

Best advice is jump in and have a go. Decide on a schedule that suits you. If you stick to your schedule, after a while your confidence builds and work will improve. My own comic victorhornetcomics.co.uk/guard.html (Scroll down the Guard page to view all of the issues), started just over eleven years ago now. My first issues were very crude and bloody awful to put it bluntly. I would like to believe that I have improved somewhat over the years. The important thing is to enjoy the process. It's a hobby after all. Good luck. Adrian.

PS - the following link may be of some use to you - victorhornetcomics.co.uk/article.html 

Edited by Banff