3 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Now I only ewanted one mistika this year. Well, today I was at TRU and saw this Wonderful set! I had to dig into the back to get one as Gorast was covering him like mad.

Set name: Bitil

Number: 8696

Pieces: 54

Price: $12.99

Colors: Mata Yellow, Trans Orange, Black, Silver, Mata Red, gray.

Allegiance: Makuta

Series: Mistika

Box

Now the Mistika's cans are completely different from the Phantoka's, so i shall detail this section heavily. Anywho, Bitil's canister is a real canister now, like the Inika's. The lid is a kanohi Ignika. The villans canisters have the can lid turned to the eaten-half, whereas the Toa have a perfect ignika half as the main part. The Image of bitil is very clear, and quite stunning.

dscn0454.jpg

The back of the canister details the warnings, the nyranh ghost blaster, Bitil's combo with gavla, and the other Mistika's head shots. Pretty Nice, average for a bionicle.

dscn0455.jpg

One interesting thing I found was that the side of the canister shows a small image of Karda Nui. Sorry for the blurry pic.

dscn0456.jpg

The lid is VERY hard to remove, but it is worth it. Here is a pic of the Ignika, with it's two halves.

dscn0457.jpg

Parts:

First, the instruction manual. The image is very nice, and the instructions are clear.

dscn0458.jpg

Random Manual Image:

dscn0459.jpg

The parts:

dscn0460.jpg

Here are the new Pieces. These include the mask, which is awesome. The weapons, which are huge! The Blaster, wings, abnd claws.

dscn0461.jpg

These are the interesting parts. I thought the vahki head was nice, and the mtoran body is interesting.

dscn0462.jpg

Build:

So first we build the torso. This is quite small, thanks to the matoran body. BUT, it is a nice change from the usual inika or piraka torso. And there is a technic beam on the back, which was pretty neat, IMO.

dscn0463.jpg

Next we add the legs. The claws are added later. The Mata yellow is a great change from the norm. Orange was a fire color, and the Keet-orange was kinda old. The feet are a nice change, and are great for Mocs.

dscn0464.jpg

Coming up next are the arms. These are generally good, but the spikes are knida flimsy, especialy the one in the gray pin. They turna round to much.

dscn0465.jpg

Here we come to the head. It utilizes the Vahki head in a clever way. For once, it has an even mixture of black and Yellow.

dscn0466.jpg

dscn0467.jpg

And added to the body:

dscn0468.jpg

Now, the front, back, and action poses:

dscn0469.jpg

dscn0470.jpg

dscn0471.jpg

Bitil is an amzin set, and truley gives a sense of pride. The Ghost blaster works surprisingly well, and his mask design is great. His wings are actualy better than they look, and I like them.

Parts: 9/10(average for a toa nowadays.)

Price per part: 8/10(average for bionicle)

Playability: 9/10(action figure)

Color: 9/10(Pretty good.)

Overall: 87.5% 35/40

This set is Highley recommended to bionicle fans.

If and when I have spare money from Clone Wars sets (yes I know it's getting repetitive :tongue: ) then I shall buy more Mistika.

In January I bought the new Lewa and now I have just bought Gorast to match.

I like the review VBBN :thumbup:

It's a good way to see the new parts, not always highlighted in other reviews :thumbup:

I haven't really ever been a fan of the 'Stone' Bionicles and I still prefer 'Air'

Just so others know, I can definately say that the blaster works very well for a Bionicle weapon :thumbup:

My favourite so far was the Gatling guns of the underwater Bionicles, the worst the Barraki squid launchers :sick:

Edited by The Rancor

If and when I have spare money from Clone Wars sets (yes I know it's getting repetitive :tongue: ) then I shall buy more Mistika.

In January I bought the new Lewa and now I have just bought Gorast to match.

Lol. I saw Gorast today and considered buying her.

I like the review VBBN :thumbup:

It's a good way to see the new parts, not always highlighted in other reviews :thumbup:

I haven't really ever been a fan of the 'Stone' Bionicles and I still prefer 'Air'

Thanks! I always highlight new and interesting parts in my reviews.

Just so others know, I can definately say that the blaster works very well for a Bionicle weapon :thumbup:

My favourite so far was the Gatling guns of the underwater Bionicles, the worst the Piraka squid launchers :sick:

Actually, If you were to remove the tops of the Nerfs, they would be green Cordaks. Piraka squid launchers? :tongue: That would be Barraki, my friend.

Thank you for the awesome review. :thumbup:

Honestly, while Bitil may not be nearly as original as Krika or Gorast, he's still really cool. Plus, he's easily the best parts pack of the summer - because while Krika has some really unique parts, Bitil is a lot better for good all around building - with plenty of good parts like claws, armor, and some awesome yellow parts. :thumbup:

Supurb review :thumbup: but now I see bitil is better than I thought :tongue: , I can buy two mistika one will be tahu but I cant deicide between bitil and gorast :sceptic: ....

Thank you for the awesome review. :thumbup:

Honestly, while Bitil may not be nearly as original as Krika or Gorast, he's still really cool. Plus, he's easily the best parts pack of the summer - because while Krika has some really unique parts, Bitil is a lot better for good all around building - with plenty of good parts like claws, armor, and some awesome yellow parts. :thumbup:

Thanks! And your welcome.

Supurb review :thumbup: but now I see bitil is better than I thought :tongue: , I can buy two mistika one will be tahu but I cant deicide between bitil and gorast :sceptic: ....

Thanks! And I would recommend of Bitil rather than Gorast, due to Gorast has an exposed torso.

Thanks for the advice :classic: I never thought about the torso, I have to admit you would think lego could do a better job considering the price. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the advice :classic: I never thought about the torso, I have to admit you would think lego could do a better job considering the price. :hmpf_bad:

Ditto. At least a borohk shield or something would be better than nothing.