Toastie

The Mould King (MK) thread

Folks, I know, this will be not well received in this forum.

How-ever.

I just watched Thomas' (Panke) Video on MK's set 16052 "City Rail Car". Man. €90 for this set is insanely cheap.

Not the point: The battery box (rechargeable, of course) has remote access - and, because it is fun ... a motor in it!!! I see this box as driving unit for sooo many trains. Yes, we need to check on torque etc., sure, but hey, what an idea (at least for me).

In addition to this box (check original price for TLG's #8878), you get a remote ^^ - and just to mention it, about 1500 pieces of ABS. Larger pieces, that is.

For those interested (in German):

There may be other reviews in English as well, just throw them in here.

Bricks are from GoBricks (which swiftly approach TLG quality).

I have the feeling that the MK folks will constantly come up with other cool stuff as this "battery box" is - thus this thread.

Best,
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie

1 hour ago, SpacePolice89 said:

I prefer to not buy fakes, and everyone should avoid supporting mainland Chinese companies due to the current world situation.

Oh my - let's put "politics" aside - as far as I am concerned, your "everyone" stops short "everywhere" with regard to mainland Chinese companies.

Spoiler

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=China-EU_-_international_trade_in_goods_statistics 

We were all sooo happy, when the cheap China stuff (you name it) came into mainland Europe, US and elsewhere ... and now we realize: Ooops - they actually took a look at what they made for us - and now they improved it? Now, I call that a very big surprise.

For sure: I don't like the system China "chose" (not many were choosing, of course) to run the country. Believe me. But: Stop the import from China - and down the drain go all countries of Europe. In no time.

BTW: Nobody enforces import; it is demand dictating import volumes. And the other way around. And oh yes: I have heard about government funding. Goto: https://european-union.europa.eu/live-work-study/funding-grants-subsidies_en

My group just got a little short of € 1 Mio to conduct research in chip lithography - to maintain the advantage the western world currently has. Sure they do the same in China.

But honestly? Not in the ABS molding business.  

Back on topic:
What about the quality of the bricks? What about the parts count, what about the "battery box", what about the price? And foremost: About the originality of the set? Any comments on that?

Best,
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie