TeriXeri

LEGO Classic 2024

11034: Creative Pets (450 €35)

11035: Creative Houses (850 €55)

11036: Creative Vehicles (900 €55)

11037: Creative Space Planets (450 €30)

11038: Vibrant Creative Brick Box (850 €50)

LEGO-Classic-2024-sets-1.png

Edited by TeriXeri

Updated with all 5 sets. 

There are more builds then shown on the front as well, like more car variants, or a larger house build.

Planets set looks to have multiple glow in the dark pieces.

Houses are more like facade's but not that different concept from the 2017 10703: Creative Builder Box , quite a lot of basic bricks and slopes, and old school large flowers from the Basic theme, and white windows that will work for something like a pirate fort or white castle.

Cars seem to focus on just small wheeled old "town" style cars from the pre and early minifig days (which don't fit minifigs) , really does have a ton of extra wheels tires and transparent parts in the piles , as the box pictures are cropped.

Pets also remind me of a very modern variant of LEGO Basic, with those eyes and mouth bricks, but in different colors and shapes.

Personally I wait until full parts lists are known, to analyze the contents better, especially in terms of how much of a certain brick type or color is actually in it, as those pictures of piles aren't the best way.

Edited by TeriXeri

Posted (edited)

Parts lists with quanitity available now, they don't look as good as the 2023 "Bulk" brick packs to me, but still interesting parts selections.

The Car set has 50+ wheels of multiple types, and some higher quanities of transparent 1x2 and 2x2 bricks and 2x2 slopes.

Most interesting part about the planets set are 10x 1x1 round tile, and 2x1 plate in Glow in the Dark.

The animal set with the various eyes and mouths can certainly be a fun toy, just perhaps not so much used in AFOL builds unless you want to make billboards or store signs of Dogs, Cats and Rabbits :)

The notable new parts for 2024 in those sets are :

6461062.jpg6461067.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

The only I don't like of the cars sets it's the outter wheels

LEGO has more realistic designs in this line like:

EzgOcIA.jpg

CaXi0oH.jpg

ZPtBCrL.jpg

qhIPyLR.jpg

9 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Yeah, that's one thing that's a bit weird in that Creative Vehicles set , it has 24 of those 85x85p.jpg?1658326063.483821 and only 2 85x85p.jpg?1658327175.531964

4 wide cars with those wheels sticking out are a bit odd indeed (without modern City fenders), missed chance to add more 4 wide classic fenders as well.

As for the wheels themselves, at least there are some options.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/13/2024 at 7:51 AM, El Garfio said:

Oh right, I hadn't noticed that, but now I can't unsee it. That ruins the set for me. Otherwise the inclusion of a London bus and camper van actually seemed nice.

The 11035 Creative Houses just seems boring. Minimalistic house facades have been in many of the large boxes, and most have even done it better, like 10704, 11717 or 11005. 10703 was also more varied in styles. And then we had 11004 and 11008 that brought some really interesting variation into the housing market. None of this is found in the new set.

11034 Creative Pets is very odd too. The printed bow bricks with eyes limit reusability a lot. And seriously which animal has its eyes on the forehead, come on!

Not really a great year for Classic. Only the Creative Space Planets I might be getting.

And previously I thought the Classic line is really improving, with 11027, 11028 and 11033 from last year that reduced the color palette in each set, so that you finally would get a substantial amount of bricks in one colour to actually build something that doesn't look like patchwork and is bigger than the included mini builds.

2 hours ago, Gumalca said:

Not really a great year for Classic. Only the Creative Space Planets I might be getting.

I agree, the highlight of 2023 for sure was 11030: Lots of Bricks for me (100% basic bricks), and then the pastel/neon versions were nice for their limited color schemes.

Now they went back to mixing a lot more colors again, but I also realise that the 2023 sets are still around, so I don't really expect a set like 11030: Lots of Bricks until after it retires.

I think the animal set is the most unique , as that's something they haven't done , as it doesn't use the smileys and eye tiles of previous sets, but different prints and parts.

The Space Planets set has some glow in the dark pieces which is nice tho.

Edited by TeriXeri