Sign in to follow this  
gnat_bricks

Lego CAR animations

Dear Everyone, 

I hope that it's allowed here and that's the rgiht main topic to post. 
I've started a new YT channel where i share 3d animations to show brick built cars. 
Basically the idea is to collect some cars from different designers and make short animations with the cars in action. 
I'm not an expert in in Blender but i'm trying to learn this software deeper and hopefully i can improve my skills continuosly. 

I'm really happy because i've found some good designers to participate in this project. They were all friendly and open to cooperate with me. I'm so thankful to them as they have given their 3d models to me to make these movies.  
And they have accepted the fact that i'm just a hobby animator with limited knowledge and time. LOL 

In long term i hope this channel will be a goood place to advertise MOCs. I know it's a lot of work and time but hopefully it will works and the channel will grow gradually.

I'm bringing the models from studio to Belnder directly as collada format. At the beginning i've tried to use some materails from the web but now i'm using my own. 
it's interesting that sometimes the cars seems real with inroom lighting method but it's hard thing to reach the same result with outdoor scenes. 
Well i'm working with CAD softwares in my workplace but this is a way different world. The materials and the lighting are giving me headache sometimes.. :) And the sounds... Oh that sound effects. Now this is an other thing where i have ti find better way to go forward. 
So please welcome an animation i've made a while ago: 

This is my Shelby GT500 MOC btw. I've made some videos before asking others to give me their models. LOL
I know the movement of the car looks wierd sometimes but please focus on the rest. :)

I accept critics and tips :) 

Edited by gnat_bricks

Well done! Only thing missing is some tyre smoke and having steering wheel turn in the driver's POV.

Edited by Zerobricks

On 11/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, Zerobricks said:

Well done! Only thing missing is some tyre smoke and having steering wheel turn in the driver's POV.

Thanks, Yeah there are a lot of space to improve... :) BTW I didn'T add smoke because it's an inroom scene.