If time permits, I plan to enter this new contest, it seems exciting! I have settled on a 6 wheel drive crane truck with rugged tires and several pneumatic functions. Currently I have the drivetrain working with a pneumatically locked central differential. Once I work out the front end, I will add the compressor and start on the crane.

My plan is to have an XL motor for drive, a servo for steering, an L motor for the compressor, and another servo to operate the valve for the diff lock.

53296803643_7458984aab_c.jpg

I've made some more progress on the model, mainly the area hosting the compressor and differential lock valve. Since this model will be packed with functions, I decided to forgo the interior of the cabin and place the two function motors and compressor inside. I also did some work on the front of the model; the red and dark green parts are placeholders.

53360859311_94ef2cab7f_h.jpg

53360859306_4a1b908868_h.jpg

Here's a view of the underside:

53361309675_638fc80811_h.jpg

I don't have the remaining two wheels yet :pir-tongue:

The next steps are building out the cab bodywork and roof, routing the pneumatic hoses, and building the base of the pneumatic crane arm. I imagine routing the hoses and finding places for the manual valves will be the toughest part of the model.