Sign in to follow this  
BrickBear

Hello from London UK!

Hello, my name is *checks username* BrickBear! I’m a big fan of StarWars, Batman and Technic. My main reason for interest in Batman sets is I’m an artist/illustrator with a love of comics and especially dc. So it stands to reason that I enjoy collecting the various vehicles, villains and heroes. I’ve illustrated 3 short unpublished Graphic Novels/comics, some completely illustrated by hand. As an artist I consider Lego an extension of “my practice” and I actually was one of the winners of this competition (although I think half the competition were disqualified for not fulfilling the photograph requirements so there’s that): https://www.lego.com/en-gb/my-starry-night-lego-build.

As well as my creative side I also have a very mechanical side which is why I also enjoy technic, for the past six years I’ve been fiddling about with two Lego Technic sets, airport fire truck and 6x6 all terrain tow truck to make a crane and digger. I always try to make things as compact as possible and often things take me many iterations but I think I’m arriving at something to be satisfied with, I also enjoy mini Lego technic sets as I like to challenge myself to come up with a third model.

I always give myself a similar challenge when it comes to Star Wars sets, I’ll often find there’s an aspect missing and see if I can figure out a way to include that aspect using just the pieces that came with (like retractable landing gear or more space in a cockpit). One modification I’m particularly proud of is this function I added to the 20th anniversary slave 1, I added manually opening side panels that can be closed seamlessly with the push of a button, oh! and gravity affected rotating guns. 

My current project is attempting to emulate the walk cycle/gait? of an AT-AT, I’ve been through many iterations and decided it might be time to seek assistance. I look forward to participating on Eurobricks after 10 years of just reading and learning from the experts on here. :laugh: