Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 76261 Spider-Man Final Battle

Here is my review on 76261 Spider-Man Final Battle:

THE GOOD:

• 3 generations of Spider-Man in one set!
  • Pretty much all key characters from the movie are all in this set.
  • Surprisingly detailed with fulfilling building experience.
  • The scaffoldings are another surprise build with very realistic end results.
  • Very lively display piece.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Missing Lizard and Sandman (minifigure form).

This set is very impressive indeed.  It also turns out to be a little bit bigger than I expected based from the box art which is a good thing.  Rarely you get a set from the Marvel theme which are non-D2C that is fun to build and great to display.  First, the completed model looks very lively, the new curvy clear part really makes a difference here.  There are lots of small detailed packed in the set which provide a fulfilling building experience.  I have to admit that the head of Status of Liberty build is very similar to Welcome to Apocalypseburg one, and this probably prevented be to have an even better building experience.  I'm also surprised on the scaffoldings, the way these are designed give them a very realistic feel to it.  More over, this set comes with 9 minifigures, including all 3 generation of Spider-Man.  And it also includes all other key major characters in the movie which is very rare LEGO do this.  A bit sad there isn't Lizard or Sandman.  Well, strictly speaking sandman is in this set just not in minifigure form.  At $180 NZD,  this is pretty good value with what you actually get.  This is one of the best Marvel MCU based set in recent time and definitely recommended to everyone.  A Must Have for MCU and Spider-Man fans.