Battlegorilla

Need info on 2011 or 2012 Eurobricks parts draft for Mill Village Raid for podcast episode

I realize this is probably a huge longshot, but...

I'm in the process of putting together a podcast episode on the LEGO goat, and in the episode I talk about something that my notoriously faulty memory isn't giving me enough info on. Way back in either 2011 or 2012, someone organized an online draft for the Mill Village Raid set. Does anybody remember this? Are there any current members of the site who actually participated in this? Is whoever went home with the ziplock bag full of goats reading this post right now? Is there a chance that the thread (or threads) pertaining to this are archived somewhere that my meager searching skills just aren't able to find?

Any and all help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't think anything is archived in any completely inaccessible way. The search tool can be filtered to find certain content. I am not sure where to suggest looking though. I have been here a long old time now and cannot recall such a thing, which is probably not a great deal of help :blush: 

I don't recall this... But.... If it was someone who got hold of a bag-o-goats it would be CopMike. I certainly didn't get them. I've only got 4...

I certainly recall someone posting an image of a bag-o-goats, but it was such a long time ago I can't remember who.

Whilst that doesn't help your search immediately it does imply that your search isn't in vain, others have recollection of something similar and that there was a record of it somewhere.

1 hour ago, The_Cook said:

I certainly recall someone posting an image of a bag-o-goats, but it was such a long time ago I can't remember who.

Whilst that doesn't help your search immediately it does imply that your search isn't in vain, others have recollection of something similar and that there was a record of it somewhere.

Oh, that's good news! After several days of unsuccessful searching here on EB, I was starting to wonder if my stupid brain had just made the whole thing up.

5 minutes ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

You'll never find them. They sold their bag of goats and retired on a remote island without internet access.

It sounds to me like you know a lot more about this than you're saying...

So the mention of 'a bag of goats' rang a bell for me.

I did recall it might have been on Lego Masters (Australia). After some digging, I found this, and screencapped from the Brickmas 2022 Episode 1, scene starts at the 25th minute. Episode is available here if you want to get full context: https://sh.video/2022/11/20/brickmas-specials-2022-ep-1/

KDZ9zui.png

For a quicker context one of the competitors explains the rarity of the goats to the presenter, and the presenter promises to get him one before the episode is over. Along the search he presents this image from his phone, and says it is 'Brickman's Norwegian counterpart'. Brickman is the show's judge. Looking at the Norwegian version of the show, it is unfortunately not the Norwegian judge (Erik Legernes - pictured here: https://bricknerd.com/home/inside-lego-masters-norway-a-chat-with-brick-master-erik-legernes-10-24-21 )

I've had a dig around online, but can't find the source of that pic.

I don't know if this helps at all, but it's a bag of goats :D

Yes, that certainly is a bag of goats. Yikes!

I doubt that the parts draft I'm currently trying to chase down would have resulted in that many goats - I suspect I'm looking for a smaller bag of goats.

But thank you for bringing this to my attention. 

Well, I never did find the thread I was looking for (thanks to all who offered helpful suggestions), but the episode I needed it for dropped this morning. 

(It's "The Battlegorilla LEGO Podcast - The Quest for LEGO's Rare Goat - Collector's Dream or Nightmare?", available in most of the usual places, just in case you wanted to listen to it.)