THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

33 minutes ago, mantax said:

New Lord Ras leaked

I didn't expect them to change Ras, or maybe at most do some small changes. But this is a completely new design, and I have to say that I absolutely love it. The return of the crystalised general armor is a great inclusion. He has a lot of red on him, which I think relates to the blood moon. 

With that I do also think that the wolf warriors and the 2 generals would also get a massive change.

Absolutely loving the red and grey/black design, although I’m surprised that we are getting 3 Ras variants and Arin and Sora are yet to get new suits (guess that changes with the summer wave though). I’m really hoping Ras’s master uses red and black as their colour scheme as it’s my favourite colour combo. 

Another note, for those that care, Ninjago music just released Volume one of the seasons soundtrack, highly recommend you give it a listen. It’s absolutely superb! Now if only Lego would stop reuploading the same season 2 clip every week and we could be on track for an amazing week! 

I have to agree that the new Ras looks pretty sick, but...

I was fine with the January fig not having printed arms (he's wearing a robe with sleeves) but this fig absolutely should have had them. He's literally shirtless, and it would look so good with the red striping on the torso and the head! Worst part is, unlike with the January figure, you can't just reuse the season 1 arms, since the stripes have changed color. But like others have said, I'm wondering if the wolf warriors are changing too. Maybe using red for the eyes/wrap instead of dark azure?

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This is interesting - The Source Dragons are sources of the essences of elemental powers, not the powers themselves. 🤔
I can see something like: Motion (Fire, Heat), Stillness (Ice, maybe Earth), Fluidity (Water, Lightning (maybe), Wind, Form), Durability (Earth, Fusion, Metal), etc. Light, Shadow, and Smoke are probably from the same source, and Nature and Energy probably share a source as well. 

I'm really interested in this as it has the potential to finally give a real answer as to Lloyd's power, and also another reason for him to be as powerful as he is. Imagine how cool it would be if it was revealed that Lloyd didn't have a standard elemental power (Which to my knowledge has rotated from energy, life, nature, "green power", etc), but energy was actually a source dragon power he's able to use directly.

I didn’t expect to see the completely new design on Lord Ray. A lot of red!  Now he looks like he is bloodthirsty during blood moon. I like that design. 

I wonder if the climber figures will show up in summer sets, right now they basicly split 2 figure types (Mask or Hood) and divided them across the sets, so you have to get specific sets to get full teams of same types.

Climber Kai does appear in 3 sets, others only once, so maybe the summer sets will have some more climber figs of other ninja.

Other years, there were more duplicate Ninja outfits, but easier to collect.

On the other hand, big ninjago collectors will benefit from more different variants instead of duplicates , so it's a bit of a mix of upsides and downsides.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm really interested in this as it has the potential to finally give a real answer as to Lloyd's power, and also another reason for him to be as powerful as he is. Imagine how cool it would be if it was revealed that Lloyd didn't have a standard elemental power (Which to my knowledge has rotated from energy, life, nature, "green power", etc), but energy was actually a source dragon power he's able to use directly.

i doubt it because even lloyd has his element directly from a source dragon

Wow, new Ras looks fantastic. I love how much variants of him we're getting, and I don't mind it even one bit.

This also means a new villain faction is coming in the Summer, or at least new costumes for the Winter one (probably the former tho).

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I wonder if the climber figures will show up in summer sets, right now they basicly split 2 figure types (Mask or Hood) and divided them across the sets, so you have to get specific sets to get full teams of same types.

I hope so- the Climber suits are probably one of my three favorite ninja suits (alongside the Kimonos from when they fought the stone army and the Golden Dragon forms), but I'm not spending hundreds on ninjago, so it'd be nice if they were in enough sets to have decent BL prices for the figs.

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, new Ras looks fantastic. I love how much variants of him we're getting, and I don't mind it even one bit.

This also means a new villain faction is coming in the Summer, or at least new costumes for the Winter one (probably the former tho).

Ras's red outfit does make me wonder if we'll be seeing red-clothed Wolf Mask warriors, or even an anocandrai cultist type thing where they turn into Chima wolves.

28 minutes ago, Fire-Ninja said:

i doubt it because even lloyd has his element directly from a source dragon

But what specifically IS Lloyd's element? I haven't seen every episode, so it's entirely possible they have definitively stated it, but it was my understanding that it was always kind of vague what it specifically was. I was saying it would be cool if his power wasn't something the source dragons created, but rather a direct source power. (I.e. Kai has Fire powers, which come from the source dragon of Motion. I'm saying it would be cool if, for example, Lloyd had Energy powers that came from a source dragon of Energy- he has the direct form of that dragon's power rather than an offshoot of it.)

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ras is still using the Mallet of Shattering, (now with trans red instead of trans light blue) which tells me that the current villain faction continues into the summer. Otherwise, why would the mallet matter? Also, like others have said, the red ties him closer to the blood moon and gong of shattering than before, which would line up with the description of 'Ra's master' as the figure on the gong. The toe detailing matches the details on the January outfit, while the crescent shape kneepads are present on Cinder and Jordana, which would make sense if these were still the same villain faction.

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ras's red outfit does make me wonder if we'll be seeing red-clothed Wolf Mask warriors, or even an anocandrai cultist type thing where they turn into Chima wolves.

The stickers in the shadow dojo show the wolf mask warriors with red eyes and teeth, so maybe those stickers are a teaser for the summer?

Lord Ras looks great! I am curious as to whether his stripes’ colour change is permanent (continuing into S3 and beyond), or if this is just a powered-up version. 

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Red Wolf Mask warriors sound like the more likely option since it would probably be cheaper to produce but having them turn into Chima wolves would be a pretty metal thing I'm down for

It’s pretty cool to see change in Ras’s appearance. I feel like that represents the phase of the moon. 

On 2/18/2024 at 3:19 AM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Red Wolf Mask warriors sound like the more likely option since it would probably be cheaper to produce but having them turn into Chima wolves would be a pretty metal thing I'm down for

I was genuinely disappointed to learn that the wolves were just masked humans, because I thought that we’d get a whole tribe of Ras-alikes. If this happens I am so down for it. 

On 2/17/2024 at 11:19 AM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I dunno. If they did it like the chima wolves, it'd actually be cheaper- they wouldn't need to dual-mold the "head"/mask piece

It would be absolutely metal though, and a nice parallel to the last tournament arc that also featured animal-themed cultists turning into said animals

Next magazine gift has been revealed, and it's... an Imperium Guard Commander, but with the face of an Imperium Claw Hunter.

Very disappointing. It's not only completely useless because of the wrong head, but also the chances of getting S1 Nya and Cole in the magazine are rapidly diminishing.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Next magazine gift has been revealed, and it's... an Imperium Guard Commander, but with the face of an Imperium Claw Hunter.

Very disappointing. It's not only completely useless because of the wrong head, but also the chances of getting S1 Nya and Cole in the magazine are rapidly diminishing.

This is one of 2 minifigures from S1 that I don't have, but I didn't get them because they are not canon. I'm disapointed that this isn't anything from S2. Because we got the Wolf Warrior, and now we got two S1 minifigures for some reason.

With Cole and Nya, you could get them both from Pick a brick. If you didn't have any problems with using this service, I'll highly recommend this option to get the minifigures.

Every single minifigure from S1 is available there, so you could also get other minifigures at a great price.

I’ll put in another plug for Pick a Brick - I just ordered a lot of minifigs from DR Season 1 last week. It’s probably comparable to buying the magazines cost-wise and is available in the United States. Of course, it’s a bit of a pain to enter all the parts numbers and keep track of what you’re ordering. 

After seeing some reviews of the Dragon Shrine, I’m a bit more tempted to get it. Yes, it’s small, but it is a beauty of a set. The included minifigures do look a little odd alongside the more traditional architecture, with the exception of Wu and Euphrasia. I guess I’ll wait and see how the summer wave looks before making the call. Hopefully Euphrasia will be available from Pick a Brick regardless. 

The only set from the March wave that I’m definitely looking forward to is Riyu. Combined with the mech-heavy January wave, I may not be buying very many Ninjago sets from this year.

Agreed, magazine, polybag or small set is perfect to get more minifigures.  I’m not a fan of looking for certain minifigure parts in PAB.

Cole has leaked. Arm printing seems certain now, he has his old hair (shame we aren’t getting the headband hair piece as it’s the only one of those parts that I actually prefer over the regular hair) and also,a quad sword holder??? I have to see how this works! 

Lego by themselves have now leaked half of the ninja and Ras for the summer, I can,t remember when something like that happend before. 

I'm really surprised that they are using his regular hair, and not the one with the handband. But I do have to say that I personally find that to be a good thing, since I didn't have cole's regular movie hair yet.

The fact that he has 4 swords is quite interesting. On one hand that is great that you can fit 4 swords, since the previous armors could only fit 2 at max. But on the other this would take a lot of space to have the swords fit, which could make it hard to have him fit in different vehicles with it.

Four sword holder has to be some sort of mistake in the promo art- putting aside the fact that cole can't hold four katanas at once so it's kind of weird they'd produce the element in the first place, this will take up an inordinate amount of space on a minifig. With all four katanas slotted in, he'll fall backwards pretty easily under his own wight unless he's holding a larger weapon in front. Not to mention even if they did for some reason want a four sword holder, say it's connected to the tournament (like every contestant has a tournament-issue katana and taking the blade is proof you beat them or something), why not put two on each side to save a bit more space?

Apologies if this has been discussed already but what’s the deal with 40703 Ninjago City Micro? The January GWP release timeline came and went and there’s only the “not available” with price crossed out on S&H.

Did I somehow blink and miss the GWP offer? I see the eBay sellers have started selling it at 4x value.

6 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already but what’s the deal with 40703 Ninjago City Micro? The January GWP release timeline came and went and there’s only the “not available” with price crossed out on S&H.

Did I somehow blink and miss the GWP offer? I see the eBay sellers have started selling it at 4x value.

For those in the United States, at least, NC is available as a VIP rewards center offer for 2700 points. 

5 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

It’s available on the rewards centre for I think 2700 insiders points. Not worth it to me personally, especially if I wanted the entire collection, but it’s there for anyone to have a shot at. I expect it to go for a pretty penny on the aftermarket though. 

On another note, I managed to buy a sealed copy of the gardens for half off, thinking of using it for parts in further city mocs. Anyone got any recommendations what I should build with it? (I’m likely going to add another level to the big tower to start with). 

Thanks both!

Assume the rest of the schedule for these micros stays as is? April, August, October…