Sign in to follow this  
Charly DarkSaint

Could it be a LEGO SW Prototype?

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community, but I have been collecting LEGO prototypes for years, which for me is like having a piece of LEGO history.
This is going to be a long topic, but if you are interested in mysteries and the possibility of finding a LEGO rarity I recommend reading to the end.
I tried to share several images in the post but it is not possible, if someone needs photos with more details I can send them without any problem.
I come to ask for your help to investigate the figure that I show you in the images. I bought this minifigure from a friend who worked at LEGO, I lost track of him for a few years and I was able to contact him again and I asked him if he still had things from when I worked at LEGO and he said yes and that's how I saw him again to I bought him a lot last year and a few weeks ago he sold me the last thing he found in his brother's apartment. In this last batch, the most relevant thing I found was a pre-production design of Sugi the bounty hunter from Cloen Wars and a test of the Geonosian wings and when I was separating things to see what was good for my collection I realized that this minifigure It does not show anywhere, I searched with the Brick Monckey app, with Google Lens without any results. Finally, I searched the database of the LEGO Star Wars sets of Brick set and I did not find the minifigure either, so I decided to post in some groups LEGO collector's page on Facebook and the result was the same.
  I already asked my friend, but he presented these pieces more than 10 years ago and he doesn't remember exactly. It is not the only unpublished piece in my collection, thanks to him I have 3 with a CIB Certificate of Authenticity.
  And one of the jewels in my collection is a very early design of Ahsoka where the figure was brown and not orange and I was surprised to find years later in brick set an image where this prototype of Ahsoka can be seen (I share some photographs)
Now I give you more information about the minifigure that I think is an unpublished prototype.

*The minifigure is made of lego pieces and from my experience the printing is correct and I am almost sure that the decoration could be unfinished because it lacks the black outline.
*In my opinion it is a figure that is at least 10 to 15 years old, it is not a figure or new UV prints or something like that. From what my friend said, it could be a preliminary design of the 7264 or 6211 set.
*The MAIN KEY IS the insignia on his chest. Looking for the most perished insignia for carrying dots and rectangles could be similar to the insignia of Madine (SW025O) or Lando General (SW0251)
The intention of the post is to find someone who could contribute more data or to look for an image like the one I found where the Ahsoka prototype can be seen or some former worker in Europe who could have seen this figure, or any information that would help me decipher the origin and what character it is.

NOTE: To get the certificates of authenticity I had to provide a lot of proofs such as photos, Messenger conversations, images saved on the internet since 2010 and verify that my friends really worked on LEGO.

IMG_20230819_145523.jpg

IMG_20230820_170157.jpg

IMG_20230820_132531.jpg

IMG_20230820_132516.jpg

The shiny surface looks like a waterslide or possibly clear vinyl decal.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, Murdoch17 said:

@Charly DarkSaint Looks like something Lobot wore in Episode V to me... or maybe the rebel technician from 2006 before it was finalized?

I have thought about the rebel technician because they are very similar but this one does not have the bags in front and the main thing is the insignia on the chest because it seems to belong to an officer. Thank you for your opinion and if you find a little more information I would appreciate it.

Screenshot_20230830_153944_com.brave.browser.jpg

On 9/1/2023 at 12:46 PM, MAB said:

The shiny surface looks like a waterslide or possibly clear vinyl decal.

Hi, thanks for your opinion. unfortunately I can't upload more images of better quality but it's not a sticker, the print is correct because it's not thick, it's not UV print either and it shines because I put it under the light to highlight the details.
I'm trying to find out if it's a preliminary design of a figure or if it's a character that never went on sale.

15 hours ago, Charly DarkSaint said:

I have thought about the rebel technician because they are very similar but this one does not have the bags in front and the main thing is the insignia on the chest because it seems to belong to an officer. Thank you for your opinion and if you find a little more information I would appreciate it.

Screenshot_20230830_153944_com.brave.browser.jpg

Hi, thanks for your opinion. unfortunately I can't upload more images of better quality but it's not a sticker, the print is correct because it's not thick, it's not UV print either and it shines because I put it under the light to highlight the details.
I'm trying to find out if it's a preliminary design of a figure or if it's a character that never went on sale.

EB isn't meant to store photos, it's only meant for avatars and signature stuff. You can use Flickr, Bricksafe, or any photo hosting site for storage of photos if you wanted to, @Charly DarkSaint.

On 5/9/2023 at 9:20, Murdoch17 said:

EB no está destinado a almacenar fotos, solo está destinado a avatares y cosas de firma. Puede usar Flickr, Bricksafe o cualquier sitio de alojamiento de fotos para almacenar fotos si lo desea, @Charly DarkSaint.

Ok thanks you

I remember years ago that FBTB had some preliminary pics of 6211 when it was initially leaked WAY WAY back in either late 2005 or early 2006. Unfortunately, since the FBTB forums are now defunct and most of the links were dead before the website was completely restructured, that pic only exists from my memory. Have you considered contacting LEGO directly to see if anyone would be willing to help you identify it? I don't know how willing they would be to help, but I don't think trying would hurt. I've spent years trying to find many preliminary pics of sets from the early 2000s up to around 2007. I've kept a copy of the prelim pics that were posted here of the original Clone Wars wave back in 2008. I printed off pages from the thread with them and took them to midnight madness in late July that year at TRU. The printouts still sit in my desk drawer to this day. The only issue I can recall with many of the prelim pics of this era was that the quality wasn't the greatest, and the figures were usually blacked-out placeholders on the roster on the box. You'd have to be pretty eagle-eyed to spot prototype figs since they were only used in the set mock-ups for the photos. I do have to agree with the others, though; that torso looks more rebel than imperial. Could it have been used in the original prototype for the unproduced Yavin set as some rebel variant? Or maybe even a prototype for the TRU-exclusive hoth rebel base from 2007? 

I was also wondering if it could be a prototype figure for the TRU-exclusive Home One set they did around 2009, I think? 

I'm going to double down on it being Hoth-related. I was going through some film stills and behind-the-scenes photos. It looks similar to the Hoth Trooper rank badges or plaques. LEGO took liberties with designs during the classic era, and this is a pretty close match. It looks more like a vest and is bulkier, like a winter padded jacket. 

nax4.jpg

Edited by joebiwankenobi

This website is where I pulled the pic from, and it is old but gold for referencing all the blink-and-you-'ll-miss-it type stuff from the films. I'm attaching a link where you can browse and see all sorts of things that aren't even covered by guidebooks and such. I didn't even notice the Hoth rebel troopers having arm/shoulder patches before looking into this for you! The webpage was last updated in 2000 so it could have been used or referenced by some of the designers back then lol! 

https://www.theforce.net/swtc/domino.html