1280x543.JPG

Since the destruction of the second Death Star the hyperspace lanes have been dangerous to travel. Imperial Star Destroyers stop all non-imperial traffic searching for rebels. Pirates are preying on freighters. And even the Alliance pilots have been known to be a little too quick on the trigger these days. No matter who you are right now it's best to have a well equipped ship or to travel in groups.

And the best routes to take are the heavily trafficked hyperspace lanes.

Dark Side
100x100.JPGThis galaxy doesn't appreciate the peace and prosperity the Empire brought! Our ships are being attacked at every turn. We need to establish a base along the Corellian Run. Contact the Imperial academy on Arkanis. We'll send some of our forces there to ensure safe travel.

Mercenaries
100x100.JPGThere's ships a plenty out there that need our... protection. We should set up a check point on Etti IV to ensure we have access to the Hydian Way.

Light Side
100x100.JPGSeems we can't go two clicks without running into a pirate or a Star Destroyer! We need to establish safe zones so we can get supplies to those in need. Gather the fleet and head to Terminus. We'll be able to secure both the Hydian Way and the Corellian Trade Spine there. Though, steer clear of the Shadowport. We may be able to recruit some good pilots there, but we don't want to get on the wrong side of the Smuggler's Guild.

Contest Specifics:

There are 3 categories for this contest.

Cat A: Build a starship for your team. This can be anything from a single pilot fighter up to a freighter like the Millennium Falcon or the Ghost. It should be minifigure scale but the figs won't figure as part of your score. Background scenes are encouraged but not required.

Cat B: Build a crew for a starship. Your crew should include at least 3 characters but can include as many as you want. You can have 1 pilot and some ground crew or a whole crew for a freighter or bomber. We'd love for you to build a crew that matches a ship built for Cat A, but it's not required. Background scenes are allowed but the emphasis should be on the figures.

Cat C: Build a 100 stud long ship. This is especially for anyone want to build something for SHIPtember. It can be any ship as long as it's at least 100 studs in length.

The Rules:

• All entries must be entered using this form: Link to Submission Form
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds other than the 100 stud requirement for Cat C. Please ensure each entry follows the above described goals.
  • Entries for Cat C do not have to be finished by Sept 30th. If you're building for SHIPtember you'll want to meet that deadline. But for this contest you can submit at any point before the Oct 30th end date.
  • Each person may only enter each category once.
  • All entries will earn XP for their team based on their score. Winners will earn additional XP.
  • The Episode will run from Aug 28th to Oct 30th. As long as it is still Oct 30th somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points.
  • The criteria by which your MOCs will be scored is 1) Storytelling, 2) Aesthetics, and 3) Technical Ability. You can earn up to 10 points in each category for a max total of 30 points per entry.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Mysteries, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to the start date of this episode. You can use creations for this contest in other forums or contests, but it should not have been displayed before the start date for this contest.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. 3rd party parts may be allowed if used to customize characters and in small quantities. I.E. guns or decals. 3rd party bricks are not allowed to be intentionally used (if you have a Megablock 2x2 brick in a wall of Lego bricks you won't be penalized).
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• All entries will earn XP wherever it's placed entry (for example, N10 if a Dark Side player builds a ship and places it in that square). In addition, winners will earn extra XP in specific squares. Winners from The Dark Side will earn XP in R17. Winners from the Mercs will earn XP in S3. Winners from the Light Side will earn XP in K21.
  • Highest scoring entry for Cat A will earn 25 XP in their team's specific square for this challenge.
  • Highest scoring entry for Cat B will earn 20 XP in their team's specific square for this challenge.
  • Highest scoring entry for Cat C will earn 40 XP in their team's specific square for this challenge.

12 hours ago, MidiScaleEnthusiast said:

What is a seed part?

a bad copy pasted part of the text.

A seed part is a lego part randomly chosen which MUST be in the build, and often must be of significant amount/importance in the build.

The more i think about it the less i understand the rule, but i guess we can just neglect it :laugh:

When i think of a seed part the 6163332.jpgclaw always comes to my mind. Thatched roof anyone? :laugh:

On 9/11/2023 at 2:33 AM, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

What kind of terrain does Arkanis have?

Great to have you back around! We're still waiting for you to make your previous MOCs official posts here on EB. If you need help with that send me a PM and I can walk you through it. I want to make sure your MOCs are visible to everyone!

Going off the info on Wookiepedia, here's what Arkanis is like:

"The planet had at least one ocean and large cliffs on the coastline. The aquatic regions on Arkanis supported the planet's fishing industry. The Scaparus Port was a hub for fisherfolk and had shops with supplies that were catered for their business. Downpours happened on Arkanis at least 2-3 days a week, with the standard otherwise being a near-continuous drizzle. The appearance of sunshine was considered a rare event."

22 hours ago, MidiScaleEnthusiast said:

What is a seed part?

So sorrry, my mistake! We have different styles of challenges and previously had one with a seed-part. That's when a specific Lego element is required in the MOC. When I copied and pasted info for this challenge I missed removing that part. It's fixed now.

Btw, what is shiptember? I saw some people building big ships at flickr/discord, but i have no idea what they gonna do with them?!

7 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Btw, what is shiptember? I saw some people building big ships at flickr/discord, but i have no idea what they gonna do with them?!

SHIPtember stands for Seriously Huge Investment in Parts. It's something that started in the Lego community a long time ago and has been a tradition every Sept since. The goal is to build a space ship 100 studs in length or more within the month of Sept. There are dedicated Flickr and Discord groups and many will compile the photos of all the SHIPs at the end of the month. It's just a fun build prompt and cool way to show off your build skills. 

I've personally participated 3 different times. My SHIPs have never been as impressive as the ones you see highlighted online. But it's a fun way to push your build skills to the limit even if your finished product isn't all that impressive.

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

SHIPtember stands for Seriously Huge Investment in Parts. It's something that started in the Lego community a long time ago and has been a tradition every Sept since. The goal is to build a space ship 100 studs in length or more within the month of Sept. There are dedicated Flickr and Discord groups and many will compile the photos of all the SHIPs at the end of the month. It's just a fun build prompt and cool way to show off your build skills. 

I've personally participated 3 different times. My SHIPs have never been as impressive as the ones you see highlighted online. But it's a fun way to push your build skills to the limit even if your finished product isn't all that impressive.

Thank you for enlightening me! I am always impressed by the level of the shipbuilders. But i wish it would be builtember and the task would be to build a 100 stud long building :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Ok let me rephrase that.  Can I do the ship crew option? I don’t have many parts left because I am using them for a large scale scarif moc

You have to join one of the factions first and post your character in the faction's thread.

Then of course you can enter the category B of the contest and do a crew figbarf.

As the Darkside leader I'm pretty sure you aren"t.

Your pseudo is Darkside attuned, no doubt.

I have a special subforum for all enlisted Darksiders... Never saw you there.

However, I'm not all-knowing, so @MKJoshA will rule supreme for this case.

14 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Ok. Can I join the dark side then?

If I am not already part of it

I don't think there's any problem with you joining the Dark Side. We just need to get you up to speed with posting on the forum. We've got a couple of your previous MOCs which you submitted forms for correctly. But we still need you to actually post the MOCs here on EB. Start by creating a new "topic" here in the Mysteries subforum:

image.thumb.png.9903d22a3d884747dce2499d56bc8126.png

After that post your photos for your freebuilds in either L9 or L10 shared via Bricksafe before.

As for Scarif, you can build and post your entries on any planet your team has access to currently. Scarif is in S15 which the Dark Side doesn't currently have access to. So my recommendation is to find another planet with similar terrain and post it there instead. That way you can still build a Scarif MOC and help your team. For example, Porus Vida is in N10 with the Dark Side is currently trying to take over. Wookiedpedia doesn't have anything listed for how the planet looks so you'd be free to post something Scarif looking there. You'd earn points for the Dark Side in N10 equal to your score for your entry. Then, if your team wins that Category you'd get additional points in R17. From the rules:

All entries will earn XP wherever it's placed entry (for example, N10 if a Dark Side player builds a ship and places it in that square). In addition, winners will earn extra XP in specific squares. Winners from The Dark Side will earn XP in R17. Winners from the Mercs will earn XP in S3. Winners from the Light Side will earn XP in K21.

Let me know if you need more help with posting your MOCs.

11 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Also how long do we have for this chapter?

The contest runs until October 30th.

11 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Also should I introduce my character in the dark side sub forum 

That would be nice :yoda: