Sign in to follow this  
Master of jedi academy!

Star Wars LEGO Comics

Yeah they are really good. I have seen them all over at FBTB and I have read them all. I love all the detailed scenery and great MOCS he incudes in them all, the storyline is funny as well.

I can't wait for the next one.

Jon.

but nonetheless the maker of this things must be a bit... sick in his head... ;) or even have a dark, dark soul... :lol:

Yeah there is soo much blood in them. Specially in this one!!!

Jon.

woah, how morbid. This is the bloodiest comic I've ever seen :blink:

Only a bit...

Well it isn't as bad as bobafettguy comic

:huh: Whats that??

Jon.

Some more neat work there! I loved this comic, the effects were great.. I like how you used the night vision to make it seem dark. The bit with the guys brother seemed like a great spoof of RoTJ, "Luke, help me remove my helmet" lol!

The scenery was great, the train looked really good as well. I love all the stuff you build for your comics, shame that you have to take some apart though for the other ones.

Can't wait to see your next one, thanks for making them all! They are really enjoyable.

Jon.

Thanks, jonfett. When I shot the episode, I didn't even know that I had downloaded the nightvision filter. That's why it might seem a little odd that the

Jesus-character turns the lights back on again. But I couldn't make the final scene in a green light, then you wouln't be able to see what was going on. I think I used too many movie references in this one, though. I think there were five of them that were kind of obvious. But it might work, I haven't had any complaints about it... yet...

I am quite amazed by your comics and the filters you use. One question: why don't you create lego backgrounds instead of those natural envirronements ?

If you read through all of the episodes, you'll see that most of them are set in a completely Lego-made environment. It's just for the desert I've used sand. And I hate using sand, it's terrible. In one episode, I had a red bed sheet as a "blue screen" (so that I could replace the background), but when I saw the photos in the computer, I saw that the sand had reflected the red color, so I had to redo the whole photo session. Not only because of the sand, though... Because I also had a bunch of pink stormies, they're also good at reflecting colors :angry: A good tip for someone who's about to shoot something with a bed sheet as a background is to use something with a more... well... neutral color than dark red...

Sand can cause a great mess as well if you take it inside and forget to take it away when you're finished, and the cat finds it ;)

Well I hope to see more creations of yours soon. Is there a place to find the backgrounds you used for the shots ?

now let me make this thread going completly off-topic:

do you do MOC that aren't related to your comics??! and what about the MOCs IN the comics? (e.g. that trooper shuttle using the imperial shuttle cockpit window) do you make separate pictures of them? i would really like to see such pictures!!!

jipay - the only background photo I have used is the blue sky, and that's just a cut out from a photo I had lying around.

DoubleT - I've actually had more people asking for blood (especially dead stormies) than people asking for less. When I started making them for more than a year ago, I got some complaints about that when you get hit by a laser beam, you don't bleed. Well, I think it looks kind of silly to just have people lying around without blood, so I guess it's just something I started with, and can't stop doing now. Of course, I could refrain from making up a story that involves a lot of killing, but as soon as I've posted an episode without people getting killed, I get tons of complaints.

So I guess I'm just following the voice of my own, sick mind (I wasn't at all offended, ApophisV), and the twisted minds of my truly devoted fans out there. They want to see more blood, and therefore they'll get to see it. There are other people around to take care of the stories with the flowers and bees. I'm sure a lot of you people could make some cool comics as well, with a slightly different approach to the story. I'm sorry to say that I haven't had the time to check out the works that all of you have posted. There are surely some other comic maker(s) in here that can go the less gory way. That's my style, and I'm not going to change it. Of course, there are also a lot of episodes that aren't gory. Actually, not all of them contains blood. -_-

I've never taken separate photos of the stuff I've built for the episodes. The vehicles are just functional, they're not exactly nice enough to show on their own. But thanks for asking, I might consider taking photos of later work. I'll also be recycling some of the vehicles, and use them in other episodes. That'll give people a chance to see more of them. The AT-AT is, of course, returning, and the trooper shuttle has to do so as well. I think you'll see both of them in the next episode, actually. And for those of you waiting for the return of the caterpillar tank, I can just ask you to continue to wait. I haven't figured out what the imperials should set up against it yet. Speeder bikes wouldn't exactly be able to cause any damage whatsoever to it... ^_^

Thanks for the nice welcome, this seems to be a friendly place. :wub:

Well I don't see the point of blood since lego is a toy. Blasted plastic should look like melted plastic. this could be a good compromise :D

Anyway, I agree, you have to satisfy your fans !

And yes, we are a friendly place :)

I don't see the point of blood since lego is a toy. Blasted plastic should look like melted plastic

But the lego figures are there to represent the actual characters. Its not "Adventure of the Lego figures".. Its "Adventure of the Star wars characters", but obviously it doesn't have a cheesy name like that.

Jon.

Well ok, blood then :P But why are gungans never cut in slices in those comics ? :D