Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 60379 Deep-Sea Explorer Submarine

Here is my review on LEGO City 60379 Deep-Sea Explorer Submarine:

THE GOOD:

• Great and interesting submarine build with a very streamline look.
  • Excellent wreck site with SHARKS!
  • The jelly fish build is a nice surprise.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• It is quite expensive without discount.

I really like this one.  Originally drawn by the wreck site build and the great white shark, it did not disappoint.  In fact, personally I found the wreck site more interesting than the submarine.  Very lively looking ship wreck site with some treasures hidden behind.  The jelly fish look great! The shark circulating action is really fun.  And great way to an another great white shark, perfect for those who missed out few years ago.  Having said that, the submarine also have a very refreshing building experience.  The sub is way bigger than it looks and have a very nice streamline look.  It also pack with details inside.  Although it does look a bit similar to the other sub you've seen on the news few months ago but this is absolutely just co-incidence.  I really can't find anything that are negative with the set itself, the only downside is the RRP is quite high.  Totally understand the higher price with many large pieces included, although it's not breaking the bank expensive but not easily accessible as well.  But luckily these kind of sets often have discount attached to it, so you just need to find a good deal.  Totally recommend this set to anyone.