Sign in to follow this  
Reza

Variations of instructions for set 7865 - please check your copy

So far, I have found 5 variations of instructions for set 7865, based on the year of release and languages. They are
(1) @1980 LEGO System A/S EU II 108581 D/F/NL
(2) @1980 LEGO Group A/S EU II 113081 D/F/NL

(3) @1981 LEGO Group A/S EU I 113080 DK/N/S/SF
(4) @1981 LEGO Group A/S EU II 113081 D/F/NL
(5) @1981 LEGO Group A/S EU III 113079 UK/I/F

Please kindly check your own copy so that we can complete this list. They will be added to Bricklink.
If you want to see photos and learn more about these variations, continue to read:

zm6BhWx.jpg
z9ZWMFX.jpg

Let's look at differences between the three D/F/NL variations (beside the text given above):
* The difference (1) and (2):
a) On the later version, two red arrows are drawn on one image of motor showing how the middle wheels can be assembled on the motor.
b) On the back side, there is a table showing how many of which track and sleepers are needed to build four different layouts A, B, C and D.

a8UrsES.jpg
D3IUmlP.jpg

* The difference (2) and (4):
None! So I guess the 1980's version was printed in 1980 and then, TLG gave it a new year of release, matching the other two variations of 1981 (UK/I/F and DK/N/S/SF). 
s22vlTd.jpg
tSw9UsG.jpg

I know 12v trains were sold in Denmark, Sweden,... since 1980 so I assume there should be a 1980 DK/N/S/SF version. I guess there is no 1980 UK/I/F version because 12v trains were not sold in UK, Italy or France in 1980.

Future projects: instructions 7864 (and perhaps 7861).
More photos:
Yymcdv3.jpgC8RP3AY.jpg

iBHPiJK.jpg