Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

Just a theory. One of the Construction Workers seems to be holding a blue print lego type piece. Could it be linked with the Crane set maybe including a building structure, as it has been done before?

6 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Double decker bus looks fantastic too!

Looks like one of those hop-on, hop-off tour buses! A must-have for me!

Question: 60427 seems unaccounted for in the current City lineup. Do we think it's a cancelled set? Or is there a possibility it's a retailer exclusive and we just don't know what it could be yet?

Posted (edited)

That bus and the construction vehicle looks top notch. I'm definitely getting both the bus and the construction loader. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

9 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Question: 60427 seems unaccounted for in the current City lineup. Do we think it's a cancelled set? Or is there a possibility it's a retailer exclusive and we just don't know what it could be yet?

I didn’t even know there was a 60427

Did anyone else notice that this year's City sets so far don't include the roadplates?

2 hours ago, Salix said:

Did anyone else notice that this year's City sets so far don't include the roadplates?

I've noticed that. That's probably because they are attempting to phase them out. Personally, I would miss them. But if its for the good of the company to phase them out, I won't be upset at their decision. 

49 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

I've noticed that. That's probably because they are attempting to phase them out. Personally, I would miss them. But if its for the good of the company to phase them out, I won't be upset at their decision. 

If LEGO is phasing out the thicker road plates, then that would tell me they weren't selling as well as LEGO thought they would. So does that mean they will bring back the thin road plates? It will be interesting to see if no more thick road plate pieces are included in sets, if it reduces the price of sets at all.

9 minutes ago, DanOfBricks said:

If LEGO is phasing out the thicker road plates, then that would tell me they weren't selling as well as LEGO thought they would. So does that mean they will bring back the thin road plates? It will be interesting to see if no more thick road plate pieces are included in sets, if it reduces the price of sets at all.

If they get rid of the buildable plates, they'd HAVE to bring the road baseplates back. I'm angry that they didn't at least keep those, but sell them under the Classic theme along with other baseplates. Just for people who prefer the baseplates, yours truly included. I plan to buy some of those. 

It's a pity that the only way to get thin roads is buying bootleg ones in AliExpress

And it's a big pity that you can find there a high variety of baseplates (island printed baseplates, car park baseplates, basketball pitch baseplates,...)

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

It's a pity that the only way to get thin roads is buying bootleg ones in AliExpress

And it's a big pity that you can find there a high variety of baseplates (island printed baseplates, car park baseplates, basketball pitch baseplates,...)

You can purchase a variety 6 pack of thin road plates from Amazon for $26. They fit well with LEGO buildings and such. The road lines actually look better using yellow centered lines. Only difference from the originals, is middle lines(as I said they are yellow) and the plates have a glossy color. Apostrophe is the name of the brand.

Edited by DanOfBricks

11 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

I don't hope that they are attempting to phase them out. I think it's rather they've heard the complaint from customers that it was driving up the price of the City sets so they made sets without them. Hopefully they'll just keep 60304 (or a successor in the future) available so we can still buy them. Perhaps a future 60304 successor will have more 2x4 dark bluish gray tiles to connect the roads with as 60304 was lacking those. But some of last year's City sets did come with extra 2x4 tiles.

2 hours ago, JHS_NL said:

Looks likt they used most of the minifig parts that are already in the sets at the moment. Prices for these bags are high imo here in the Netherlands.

Well but that is pretty normal for those magazin bags, so I don´t think someone expected something else.

The 60441 set will be released within a few hours.

Turns out this set was a super pack. Consists of 30663, 60428, 60430 sets.

5 minutes ago, LCP said:

Oh! :sad:

8 minutes ago, LCP said:

But why does it use a normal number unlike the other packs

Man, either LEGO has found a way to keep a tighter lid on CITY(minus the excavator set) or ppl just don't want to talk much about leaks. Maybe a calm before a big Summer Sets storm?

48 minutes ago, DanOfBricks said:

Man, either LEGO has found a way to keep a tighter lid on CITY(minus the excavator set) or ppl just don't want to talk much about leaks. Maybe a calm before a big Summer Sets storm?

Haven't all the animals in the Jungle subtheme been leaked though?  Maybe not such a tight lid for City!