VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

First, since I'm not sure if everyone has seen this gallery yet Click

Personally I think Stronius' chest looks like shit.

See?

Still, the more I look at them the more the characters are growing on me. Lego's done a good job this year.

The Vehicles are really lackluster though. I'll bet they're more fun in hand when you can build or play with them, not really built for looks.

Edited by InnerRayg

It seems like once the toyfair pics came out from everyone loving Gelu and hating Vastus to everyone loving Vastus and hating Gelu.

Really? Seems like the other way around to me.

Edited by Bfahome

See?

Still, the more I look at them the more the characters are growing on me. Lego's done a good job this year.

The Vehicles are really lackluster though. I'll bet they're more fun in hand when you can build or play with them, not really built for looks.

To me, actually Stronius is a lot better than I thought...those pics (prior to today's) were really hard to tell...I thought he was fat!!!! But this really clears it up a lot....

~Toa Mata Nui!

See?

Finally, someone who agrees with me! About Stronius that is, not about them growing on me.

See?

I don't know about you, but I can barely see his chest with his huge club in the way.

I think I'll ask Black six if there was any music with the trailer...

Anyway...

This whole thing has been great. I am proud to say that these canister sets are the best-looking(for the most part) since 2001. Stronius wins this for me. Mata Nui comes close second, Ackar and Gelu third, Vastus almost third too, and Kiina can stay in 8th.

Kiina gets ranked 8 out of 6 sets? O_o

Personally Kiina is worth getting for the light blue feet, vahki leg, hands and joints. Those are lovely.

Wow Mata nui and stronius look awsome definatly getting them first. Kiina does not look to flash. The movie looks awsome hopefully we will get to see Mata nui being shot out of his/teridax's chest probley not though... 3D brickthing when did you say the summer sets were comeing to NZ was it august?

Wow Mata nui and stronius look awsome definatly getting them first. Kiina does not look to flash. The movie looks awsome hopefully we will get to see Mata nui being shot out of his/teridax's chest probley not though... 3D brickthing when did you say the summer sets were comeing to NZ was it august?

All of the canister sets and Cendox-V1 come out in August. I've got no mention of the others though. :sad:

Although it would be nice, we won't see Teridax shooting the Ignika out of the MU, because that would make for one of the most confusing prologues ever if you don't know the 2001-2008 story.

All of the canister sets and Cendox-V1 come out in August. I've got no mention of the others though. :sad:

Although it would be nice, we won't see Teridax shooting the Ignika out of the MU, because that would make for one of the most confusing prologues ever if you don't know the 2001-2008 story.

That works out great then since they come out just after my birthday I'll be able to get them strait away. Do you think Cendox-V1 will be around the same price as Vultraz or Mazeka (hopeing around same price as Vultraz)?

Kiina gets ranked 8 out of 6 sets? O_o

Personally Kiina is worth getting for the light blue feet, vahki leg, hands and joints. Those are lovely.

It's more like a negative place in a race. Like say Kiina walked half the race backwards then tries to catch up or something. That deserves some demoting.

That works out great then since they come out just after my birthday I'll be able to get them strait away. Do you think Cendox-V1 will be around the same price as Vultraz or Mazeka (hopeing around same price as Vultraz)?

Should be at $45 like Tuma unless TLG raises the price again. If we're lucky, the economy might pick up enough to merit a price drop, although I kind of doubt that. :sceptic:

It's more like a negative place in a race. Like say Kiina walked half the race backwards then tries to catch up or something. That deserves some demoting.

Personally I don't think Kiina is that bad, so I'm going to wait till I see her back before I give final judgement. The mask should look really good once it's finalised though. :classic:

Although we all knew it could do it, I'm not sure what to make of it now that I see it. I mainly hope the legs can turn sideways as well to allow Skopio to strafe around the edges of the arena. That would be cool.

DSCN8444.JPG

Am I the only one drooling over the 16 piston pieces on Skopio?

Also Thornatus makes my eyes hurt. I keep trying to see it as yellow, and the tan is really throwing me off. >__<

Am I the only one drooling over the 16 piston pieces on Skopio?

Also Thornatus makes my eyes hurt. I keep trying to see it as yellow, and the tan is really throwing me off. >__<

You plan to scrap Skopio for parts? :oh3: Skopio is wonderful! Shame on you! :angry:

And Thornatus is better tan, othewise it would look that much more like Jetrax. :sad: Although I would've preferred it to have been a white and dark red vehicle...

Speaking of Dark-red, I just realized that Stronius has dark red short double socket pieces and dark red hands... No I don't need to scrap my plans for a MOC I had! :laugh:

You plan to scrap Skopio for parts? :oh3: Skopio is wonderful! Shame on you! :angry:

Haha, nope. Axalara and Jetrax are resting not even ten feet from where I'm sitting, intact and only slightly modded. It's just such a wonderful thing. Wasn't the most pistons in one set so far only 4, on Maxilos?

Edited by Bfahome

Haha, nope. Axalara and Jetrax are resting not even ten feet from where I'm sitting, intact and only slightly modded. It's just such a wonderful thing. Wasn't the most pistons in one set so far only 4, on Maxilos?

5 on Mazeka. :wink:

BTW, how are your Jetrax and Axalara modded?

Actually no, 6 on Kardas. Just remembered. :blush:

Hmm, so that wasn't a rendering error on Thornatus' box... there really are new limb pieces.

The yellow makes him look like a sun god,

-Ikk

You just made me love Mata Nui to pieces.

The driver of Skopio has a mask that is the Spikit mask backwards!
Anyone noticed that Cendox and Kaxium drivers have the same mask?

Sweet. I like flip masks. =D

and Kiina can stay in 8th.

XD

Uh…

Am I the only one who thought Thornatus was yellow at first? ._.;

Yes.

Now, some thoughts on the sets.

Mata Nui: Preety. Basically all that bothers me is the super short upper legs.

Ackar: :cry_happy: So much my favorite. Pretty much all that I don't like is the bley and the silver hilt. Either make the hilt all silver or make it all some other color. I'll be ordering this one and Mata Nui ASAP.

Stronius: Much better now that we have good pics. Mask is awesome. Cool and bulky and the club is awesome. Much better than the first Skrall, IMO. I'll get him at some point.

Vastus: I LOVE the mask, and the arms, but the body and legs fail hard. I may get him only for the mask. A revamp is in order.

Gelu: Decent. Some nice recolors and such, and I never got those feet. Generic, but doesn't pull it off as well as Ackar.

Kiina: I'm glad Lego tried to make a custom torso in a canister, but... well... it didn't work well IMO. Limbs are cool, mask is... I need more pics. Body is gross but at least it's shoulders aren't so wide. I hope the final version is better. Some good recolors. Currently at the bottom of my list, next to Vastus.

The big sets hardly warrant a review. Thornatus looks the best now, but that mask is so butt ugly. It nearly ruins it. I'll be buying the canister sets first, anyway.

~Bunda

Actually no, 6 on Kardas. Just remembered. :blush:

ORITE

And not counting combiners, silly. Especially frikkinhueg combiners. :P

Haha, views for great justice!

Edited by Bfahome

ORITE

And not counting combiners, silly. Especially frikkinhueg combiners. :P

Haha, views for great justice!

Well, Kardas is kinda a set, although it probably depends on if Kardas uses all six pistons or not... :look:

And with your experiment, why did you forget to put "Toy fair" on that list? Putting that would turn up better than "Leaked", because most people are over and done with the leaks that have been on B-shelf for ages.

There are some actually good photos here. (Couple pages back.)

So Thornatus has a function... yay.

~Bunda

Edit: Apparently no canister pics though. There are still a few galleries to look through.

Edited by Bundalings

Thoughts:

Mata Nui: Epic. Duh.

Kiina: She doesn't look too bad. Gotta pose her a bit before I judge, however.

Vastus: Schwing! Very cool.

Ackar: Meh, okayey.

Gelu: Mandalorian?

Stronius: RRAAAAWR HEADSTOMP

Well, Here are my (late) thoughts on some of these sets (It's hard to review sets with the flu :( )

Vastus: A unique set, he reminds me of a spartan with a touch of cthulhu and medusa.

Mata Nui: I think I like the yellow, let's hope they don't ruin him with blue pegs and red axels . . .

All the vehicles look cool, I might just buy them all, as they are a fulfilling building experience and look awesome :)

~iLego94