VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

I'd be disappointed if Tuma wins for the worst, unless if Tuma wins this for the better, maybe we'll find out more as the "Empire of the Skrall" unveils....

Edit: Now that makes sense!!!!! But Teridax has to do it in an evil way though.... :sad: ......and if Mata Nui returns... would Teridax allow him to resume his title???? Or would this have to be a battle between the two????

Toa Mata Nui

Edited by Toa Mata Nui

But we know Mata Nui really didn't care that much about his people. Remember the Barraki? Sure, I'd doubt he'll allow for Teridax to continue what he's doing, but the question does arise, what will Mats do? Remember Toa Ignika? He wasn't jumping to give up his life either, but when he remembered Matoro, he understood what he had to do. Who does Mata Nui have to do that? Himself? His own actions caused his own downfall, and he knows it (Greg confirmed this for me). Does Mata Nui have somebody he admires, who he learns from, like Ignika had Matoro? Ignika truly enjoyed being a Toa, and didn't wish to give up that life at first. It took Gali and Matoro to make him do the right thing. But Mata Nui? Mata Nui is not perfect. He too can be tempted by putting himself first, the others second. It's like Matoro in the Kingdom. And it took that Matoro 10 000 years to redeem himself.

Teridax actually had a point. Mata Nui was alone, all the time, and cared little for what went on inside of him as long as he could keep functioning. If anything, his time in the Ignika can be a time spent usefully on coming to understand the importance of friendship and caring for those who rely on you, caring in the sense of more than just supplying heat and gravity. Mata Nui needs to learn a lot of lessons, me thinks, and his exile can teach him just that.

So who knows, when he gets his body back, maybe Mata Nui will have changed and be really worthy of all the Matoran honour him for. For we all know it, Mata Nui is far from perfect. When he gets back, he'll need a friend, like Teridax has Helryx, so he'll never be alone again. He needs to care more for what goes on inside of him, and not just his job and functioning.

Makes me wonder if the Great Beings didn't place too much pressure on Mata Nui's once broad shoulders.

It's all my opinion, though. I just like a bit of dilema between friendship and being alone for the good cause.

The difference between Mata Nui and Iggy doing what they need to is that Iggy needed to give up his Toa form for thousands of people he doesn't know and didn't feel he had any responsibility to, whereas Mata Nui knows he needs to redeem the people that he has created and watched for a hundred thousand years. He knows how important their role was to him, and I'm sure he respects them for keeping him alive.

And Mata Nui being a Great Spirit with a mission, completing the mission would be his primary objective. Presumably this requires his awesome titanic size and powers, so he needs to return and retake his body, and staying on Bara Magna learning small people skills is a waste of time that he should be spending trying to reclaim himself from The Makuta. He knows this.

Mata Nui has always been worth honouring because even though he didn't smother them with attention, he gave the Matoran purpose and protection, and treated them nicely, as opposed to The Makuta, who isn't worth honouring. When he gets back, he won't need a personal brain buddy because the secret of the MU's nature is out in the open now, so he would need to talk freely to the Matoran because they know he can, and wouldn't like it if he didn't. (It's also a good thing that Mata Nui doesn't need any more brain buddies, because we remember what happened when he forgot to feed the last two. :grin: )

I still think learning people skill is not a waste of time. It's because he lacks those he's in the mess he's in now. We really can't say if Mata Nui knows what the right thing to do is or not, or what he will think of that when he does have some real life friends, when he does experience how it is to be 'normal'. I wouldn't underestimate this. Ignika and Mata Nui aren't really that different (besides in mind), IMO.

Well, we'll see, won't we? Future storyline will tell us what Mata Nui really is like. Regardless of him knowing what the right thing to do is or not, I still think he'll be a bit overconfident or rash because he's used to being all powerful.

I still think learning people skill is not a waste of time. It's because he lacks those he's in the mess he's in now. We really can't say if Mata Nui knows what the right thing to do is or not, or what he will think of that when he does have some real life friends, when he does experience how it is to be 'normal'. I wouldn't underestimate this. Ignika and Mata Nui aren't really that different (besides in mind), IMO.

Well, we'll see, won't we? Future storyline will tell us what Mata Nui really is like. Regardless of him knowing what the right thing to do is or not, I still think he'll be a bit overconfident or rash because he's used to being all powerful.

He could be over-confident, but it wouldn't make much sense any more because Greg said the Mata Nui space trip took a month or more. A month of being able to do absolutely zilch brings anybody back down to earth, no matter how confident they were before.

Well, the new pics of the canister set didn't sway me one way or the other at all. Still blurry, and not much better quality than the wee pics we've had. I'm still waiting...

On the other hand, it's changed my mind about two of the big sets.

Skopio: The vehicle is still great, if poorly colored. The driver on the other hand... looks great but for his lower arms. What. The. Heck. That better change...

Thornatus: Looks much less Jetrax-ee. Really, the only things that are similar are the cockpit concept, the use of the Krika spikes and Bitil wings on the front, and the general shape.

Point being, it looks delightfully shoddy, spiky, and tan. Also... it has those sloped panels in tan. :cry_happy:

The driver still sucks to the max.

Mata Nui needs to learn a lot of lessons, me thinks, and his exile can teach him just that.

Exactly. Ever since I heard that Mata Nui would become a main character I've been hoping he'd learn the value of the individual and such.

~Bunda

Well...if Teridax doesn't make much progress on how to maintain the universe, (i.e read minds of everyone as he once said it will take time) it may buy Mata Nui some time to learn some skills on being just a civilized (or able to fight with just weapons and or/powers????) character. After all, Teridax was only a biomechanical being once before he evolved into just plain energy and now he has to a lot to learn how to maintain the universe before he could use it for his desires....but will it be enough for Mata Nui to learn these "fighting skills" and to get back???

And even if it was enough time...Mata Nui would have to enter the MU secretly and quietly and must return to Metru Nui without being revealed. If he gets caught by Teridax, he (this may sound speculation) might get killed??? Or kicked out again???? Or worse, sent to another dimension entirely that is impossible to return???

Oh and if the residents of the MU are successful at distracting Teridax, that may buy some time but for how long though???

I think that this is just the beginning for Mata Nui.......I think that the next few years might be a journey about him...returning to the MU as well as learning valuable lessons from different cultures....

Toa Mata Nui

Just curious- would anyone like those tracks from the Bionicle 4 soundtrack individualized? I have them ready to go if anybody wants them. (just don't know how to upload them to the web :tongue: )

-Z

Just curious- would anyone like those tracks from the Bionicle 4 soundtrack individualized? I have them ready to go if anybody wants them. (just don't know how to upload them to the web :tongue: )

-Z

Yes please, I was meaning to do it myself, but if you've already done it... :classic:

Are they in MP3 format? Either way, rename the filetype to .wtf, then upload them to brickshelf, give us the deeplink and we can download them and rename them to their original file format to listen. :grin:

Yeah...if these are official...I'll put them in my MP3....if not I'll just save it as a music file on my computer....yet I already like those songs!! Are there any words/lyrics to the songs???

Toa Mata Nui

Yes please, I was meaning to do it myself, but if you've already done it... :classic:

Are they in MP3 format? Either way, rename the filetype to .wtf, then upload them to brickshelf, give us the deeplink and we can download them and rename them to their original file format to listen. :grin:

Yes they are in MP3. I rename the filetype by going to rename and adding a .wtf at the end, right? (gosh I hate asking stupid questions...)

-Z

Edited by Zarathos

Shoulder armor of thornatus shows a fun new part

VBBN, yes, we've seen the bigger pictures and we've been talking about them on the last couple of pages. :wink:

Zarathos, it doesn't really matter what file format you rename it to, but Brickshelf automatically deletes MP3 files, so you need to rename it to something it doesn't recognise to allow it to upload. :classic:

VBBN, yes, we've seen the bigger pictures and we've been talking about them on the last couple of pages. :wink:

Zarathos, it doesn't really matter what file format you rename it to, but Brickshelf automatically deletes MP3 files, so you need to rename it to something it doesn't recognise to allow it to upload. :classic:

Actually, I was asking how to rename a filetype...

-Z

Edited by Zarathos

Thanks to VBBN greater pics, I've just realized that Vastus has a scythe! Look at the end of the weapon (right under Bionicle):

3213003113_fc9e53d294_b.jpg

Edited by Nightmare

Actually, I was asking how to rename a filetype...

-Z

Right-click on the MP3 file and select rename, then type in "filename.wtf" and then click out of it. :classic:

Thanks to VBBN greater pics, I've just realized that Vastus has a scythe! Look at the end of the weapon (right under Bionicle):

Tyranide and I found them first. :tongue:

3213003113_fc9e53d294_b.jpg

yeah, already i noticed that, that makes Vastus 4 times more Awesome than ussual

My quick review on the canisters...

Stronuis: Almost like a Krika/Skrall Hybrid....8/10

Ackar: Too Jaller-like but those swirl-colored pieces are awesome that makes up for that....8.25/10

Vastus: Interesting spear/scythe with a thornax launcher at the end.....his helmet reminds me of Zaktan...8.5/10

Kiina: Nice color scheme...but I love that staff she carries....9/10

Gelu: (Glue???) I like the helmet he has....but his weapons look like Nuju's Hordika Teeth??? 9/10

Mata Nui: AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/10 automatically..... Pure gold....yellow, (hint of orange/tan???), return of the Ignika!!!

Toa Mata Nui

These don't catch my eye nearly the way the winter ones did...

Mata Nui looks great, Vastus looks pretty regal, and Stronius looks cool from what I can see (I've always wanted a club), but besides that they don't look very interesting to me. Thornatus looks a bit nicer, though. I just wish his rider didn't reek of 2008. No bright colors and a boring, boring mask.

My quick thoughts:

Stronius: Eh... still not digging him. Club is nice, though; seems too cluttered otherwise for my tastes. 6.5/10

Ackar: Meh. Inika Clone. The Sword/colors sorta try to make up for it, but it's not enough. Face is a little wierd too, IMO. 7/10

Vastus: HOLY SHI-

He just went from Epic Phail to Epic win. Not really sure what did it - the scythe, the helmet, the lack of a typical body (so I can tell...) I really like him all of a a sudden. MAYBE even more than Gresh, we'll have to see. 8.5/10

Kiina: Ew... NOT digging the mask; but all else is fine. Some nice new armor/weapons, and... A NEW TORSO?! 7.5/10

Gelu: MY. GOD. HE. IS. AWESOME. I luv him; nothing bad to say... that is one NICE mask, too. 10/10

Mata-Nui: Aw... no new head. That was my hope, shoot me if you must. xD He's... alright, just not my cup of tea. Honestly, I liked Vorox better than him. Ah, well, he's OK overall - I just want the Ignika. 8/10

Cendox: The mask is awesome; only reason I'll be getting the set. Otherwise, Vultraz repeat. 4/10

Kaxium: Still don't like it. No, no no... not Bionicle for me; probably won't be getting it. 5/10

Thornatus: Hmmm... my opinions have changed on it. I like it; moreso than Jetrax. A better version, methinks. 8/10

Skopio: Driver is meh, but the actual vehicle is great. Still wish it was Tan/Gunmetal though... :( 9.5/10

Stronius has new armor, will be used for his shoulder and chest

Ackar's Flame sword?

Take one MAta Nui Weapon piece.

Add a Flame.

Ta-da!

And i think two of Vastus's Shoulder armor make up Kiina's Body Armor.

Personally, it looks like the Ignika is Keet. D:

Looks like I'll be getting Vastus, Kiina and MN, maybe Gelu.

And Cendox. I'm the only guy who like the set it seems. ._.

[-The Alchemyst-]

VBBN said:

Soild zamor colors??? You're lucky!!!!! I always wanted solid red ones for Inika Hewkii and Nuparu. I once colored them with a red permanent marker but it left a red mark in Nuparu's launcher. I didn't test Hewkii's because I didn't had an extra gunmetal zamor launcher (via hakann and avak) so I used nuparu's since I had an extra silver version since I had Vezok and Thok. Unfortunately I had to surrender the colors and had to clean them. It took forever to wash the marker out.... :sad:

Toa Mata Nui