VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Actually, the reality is that members like that are NOT members of the target audience - the target audience is made up of 8 to 11 year old boys that usually are not members of any forums. These kid are the ones that are accepted into the lego focus groups - and it has been revealed that they do not like everything TLC does. For instance, the Dino Attack sets originally were going to be about trapping dinos - not fighting them - but the focus groups didn't like that and wanted the minifigs to be fighting the dinos. Also, the Newva originally were going to be very similar to their original forms, but the focus groups didn't like that either.

Actually you're a bit wrong there alot of 8-11 year olds are on BZP. In England it's very strange, its more younger children (4-8) who like Bionicle. Weird but true (At least to my knowledge).

Wait, if Ignika awakens Mata Nui...

... what do the Nuva do? O_o

-Ikk

you don't remember the leaked video? when the narrator says: "Toa heroes, who what mission is save the world from destruccion".

i think that his real mission is destroy the Makuta

Edit: remember that the toa nuva awakens an evil Mata Nui but not the Mata Nui with his original spirit

Edited by Antrozek

Actually you're a bit wrong there alot of 8-11 year olds are on BZP. In England it's very strange, its more younger children (4-8) who like Bionicle. Weird but true (At least to my knowledge).

Yes, a lot of BZP's members may be young, but BZP only has 40,000 members - over half of which probably don't even visit the site anymore. And out of millions and millions of 8-11 year old fans, the ones on BZP don't really make up much of the overall market. :wink:

Besides, the younger members on BZP also aren't as accepting as you might think - they often really dislike the original Nuva compared to the Newva. If they blindly accepted everything TLC made, then that wouldn't be happening - they'd just always say they loved everything. :tongue:

Yes, a lot of BZP's members may be young, but BZP only has 40,000 members - over half of which probably don't even visit the site anymore. And out of millions and millions of 8-11 year old fans, the ones on BZP don't really make up much of the overall market. :wink:

Besides, the younger members on BZP also aren't as accepting as you might think - they often really dislike the original Nuva compared to the Newva. If they blindly accepted everything TLC made, then that wouldn't be happening - they'd just always say they loved everything. :tongue:

True. Change is good. In moderation, o' course.

I think that Bionicle so far isn't destroying itself yet. It actually seems to be getting on the right track. The sets don't look bad, we're gonna have new pieces/colors, and the story is going back to basics. Fun fun!

I'm wondering if the Glatorians have anything to do with Krana... Look at gresh's and Tarduk's masks...

DUMBLEDORE DIES

... wait, wrong thread.

Seriously though, I want to know the Nuva's role in all of this. =P

-Ikk

They guard the codrex from the maukta? Scasri T7?

DUMBLEDORE DIES

... wait, wrong thread.

Seriously though, I want to know the Nuva's role in all of this. =P

-Ikk

Lol. :laugh:

But yeah, I agree - all of us spolier freaks "need" to know what happens to the Nuva. :wink:

Why don't we just make a new topic just for discussing BL11? That way, we can get back to dissecting those leaked images and figuring out how to build a set that won't be released for several months. XD

Anyhoo...

I wanna see this Megabloks Strakk-i wonder how similar it is to the Bionicle set.

Well I just got the book today and: CAUTION, MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!

The other member was mostly correct. The Nuva defend the Codrex/Battle the Makuta, Iggy :) I also think they will be main characters in the 2009 serial. Now for a list/summary of the end of the book

-Icarax and Krika try to sabotage the plan, by destroying the Codrex. Because of this, Gorast and Vamprah convince him to teleport, by telling him the the plan is working. Fueled by his desires for the plan to fail so he can take over the BOM, he falls for the trick. Then Gorast and Vamprah amplify then disrupt his power making parts of him scatter all over the universe. Krika escapes for now.

- Meanwhile, Takanuva starts to heal the shadow matoran, by upsetting the Klakk.

- The Toa Nuva reveal that the Lightstones that come up from the canisters resting spot are the key to awaking MN. But, they must each send increasingly stronger blasts, something that could take hours. They figure out that Ignika could do this quicker, but he tries to destroy them when he hears. When Matoro is mentioned, he then decides to sacrifice himself.

- Outside the Codrex, Tahu and Gorast are fighting. Krika comes to warn Gorast that an energy storm will kill them all, but she is so bent on killing him for trying to ruin the plan, she doesn't listen. She disrupts his power to turn intangible, and he becomes nothing.

- Then the storm begins, and Gorast is shocked. Mutran tries hard to figure out how to control it, but as he figures it out, he is consumed by the heart of the energy. Gorast just stares at the storm, driven mad by the betrayal of her idol. Antroz tries to convince bitil to help them escape, but Bitil tries to go on his own. But, he is too late, and all of the makuta die.

- THe toa all jump on the vehicles, and quickly escape (the matoran flew out of the portal earlier) just before their death.

- At Metru Nui, a happy ending plays out. THe matoran cheer, and everyone is happy. Turaga dume, is no longer angry for some reason, and tries to give a victory speech. But, then a shadow falls across the land, and the stars align into the mask of shadows. Teridax announces that he now is the universe, and the toa will never defeat him. He says that Mata Nui himself was their only hope, but he banished him into the mask of life. He pauses and tells the toa a haunting truth, he has banished the mask form the universe.

- The book ends with the Ignika turing back to gold, and flying to an unknown place, in the same dimension, just not the same universe. Mata Nui vows that he will return.

Well, the book doesn't reveal much more than that, I was a little let down. I hope DiD will embellish on how MN was sent into the Ignika, and more about the MN=MU theory. The problem is, the story is too big for one book, and the other parts of the story will take a long time to come out. I'm wondering if the ignika was overtaken by MN after he sacrificed himself (The mask was spotted flying away during the end of the storm by Pohatu, I guess that was when it was getting banished from the MN by terry.

THOUGHTS?

~iLego

Well I just got the book today and: CAUTION, MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!

The other member was mostly correct. The Nuva defend the Codrex/Battle the Makuta, Iggy :) I also think they will be main characters in the 2009 serial. Now for a list/summary of the end of the book

-Icarax and Krika try to sabotage the plan, by destroying the Codrex. Because of this, Gorast and Vamprah convince him to teleport, by telling him the the plan is working. Fueled by his desires for the plan to fail so he can take over the BOM, he falls for the trick. Then Gorast and Vamprah amplify then disrupt his power making parts of him scatter all over the universe. Krika escapes for now.

- Meanwhile, Takanuva starts to heal the shadow matoran, by upsetting the Klakk.

- The Toa Nuva reveal that the Lightstones that come up from the canisters resting spot are the key to awaking MN. But, they must each send increasingly stronger blasts, something that could take hours. They figure out that Ignika could do this quicker, but he tries to destroy them when he hears. When Matoro is mentioned, he then decides to sacrifice himself.

- Outside the Codrex, Tahu and Gorast are fighting. Krika comes to warn Gorast that an energy storm will kill them all, but she is so bent on killing him for trying to ruin the plan, she doesn't listen. She disrupts his power to turn intangible, and he becomes nothing.

- Then the storm begins, and Gorast is shocked. Mutran tries hard to figure out how to control it, but as he figures it out, he is consumed by the heart of the energy. Gorast just stares at the storm, driven mad by the betrayal of her idol. Antroz tries to convince bitil to help them escape, but Bitil tries to go on his own. But, he is too late, and all of the makuta die.

- THe toa all jump on the vehicles, and quickly escape (the matoran flew out of the portal earlier) just before their death.

- At Metru Nui, a happy ending plays out. THe matoran cheer, and everyone is happy. Turaga dume, is no longer angry for some reason, and tries to give a victory speech. But, then a shadow falls across the land, and the stars align into the mask of shadows. Teridax announces that he now is the universe, and the toa will never defeat him. He says that Mata Nui himself was their only hope, but he banished him into the mask of life. He pauses and tells the toa a haunting truth, he has banished the mask form the universe.

- The book ends with the Ignika turing back to gold, and flying to an unknown place, in the same dimension, just not the same universe. Mata Nui vows that he will return.

Well, the book doesn't reveal much more than that, I was a little let down. I hope DiD will embellish on how MN was sent into the Ignika, and more about the MN=MU theory. The problem is, the story is too big for one book, and the other parts of the story will take a long time to come out. I'm wondering if the ignika was overtaken by MN after he sacrificed himself (The mask was spotted flying away during the end of the storm by Pohatu, I guess that was when it was getting banished from the MN by terry.

THOUGHTS?

~iLego

Wow. Just wow.

I am quite satisfied now-the twists certainly helped and I love the ending. Now we know both MN's mask, so to speak, and how he will be returning next year as a set. I REALLY can't wait to see the drawing of

Mata-Teridax

this year.

I knew I said I wouldn't see the spoilers before I read the book but I couldn't resist.

OMG THATS AWESOME.

Ignika. ;_;

I'm just sad it didn't end happily.

Though this pretty much confirms Mata Nui as a set next year. He is still important, and now it's his job to get back, huh?

ILego, is it okay if you could give us a quote from BL11, preferably one from Ignika or Teridax? :)

Just so you guys know, here is the last paragraph in it's entirety:

And somewhere between the endless void between here and there, the Mask of Life flew. Free of the bounds of the Matoran universe, it had turned from silver back to gold once more. It carried within it the mind and spirt of Mata Nui, on a journey whose destination no one could know. But, if anyone were able to hear the being within the mask, one statement would have been clear, ringing through the void like the tolling of a bell: I will return.

~iLego94

Just so you guys know, here is the last paragraph in it's entirety:

And somewhere between the endless void between here and there, the Mask of Life flew. Free of the bounds of the Matoran universe, it had turned from silver back to gold once more. It carried within it the mind and spirt of Mata Nui, on a journey whose destination no one could know. But, if anyone were able to hear the being within the mask, one statement would have been clear, ringing through the void like the tolling of a bell: I will return.

~iLego94

EPIC. =D

Just realized when MN took over Ignika,

When Gali (THe only Nuva who was with Ignika in the codrex) was about to leave, and the storm started, A wave of energy that was raw emotion, swept over her, thoughts MN embracing the universe again. Right about here, something happened: she noticed that the mask was no longer just giving out energy, something was flowing into it. When she tried to grab it, she was blasted back, this must be when MN's spirt was transfered.

~iLego94

UN, the epilogue was when teridax took over, and told the toa that he was the universe. Then the last paragraph came, and that was it. I was expecting more too :P

~ilego94

Thank you for this incredible ending iLego!

But I have a last question : Mata Nui's awakening is the ending part of the book. But what happens before all that? Before Toa Ignika dies and Teridax take control of the universe?