Pirate_King_1982

Help needed using Bricklink.

Hi all I was wondering if anyone can assist me using Bricklink. Is there a way of viewing and possibly creating a wanted list of parts missing when you go go to buy parts on a wanted list so I can keep checking for parts the periodically? I’m purchasing parts for a large MOC and can only get get the match rate to about 90*95%. I have purchased parts from Bricklink before, but alwa in small quantities and have always had a 100% match rate previously. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you are already using a wanted list. getting 90-95% match rate is incredible! Usually on buying for a large MOC, you have to use several vendors. That way you can pick by best price, quantity and etc. Sometimes there are wide ranging prices on certain parts. I hope this helps.

The 90-95% is spread out between about six or seven vendors, 3 international and 4 domestic. I'm just wondering how I can figure out which parts constitute the 5-10% that are unavailable so that I can create a wanted list of the parts not found, or perhaps changed the settings to 'any' instead of 'new' on those parts that can't be found. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. Thanks.

Edit: I felt it prudent to mention I'm using the 'auto select' function.

Edited by Pirate_King_1982

You can add the orders as 'Have' to your wanted list, but only after you ordered them.

Getting the last 5% is often the most expensive as these are the rare parts.
I normally start with these and compare vendors and prices manually over all carts that have the rare parts as shippings costs quickly add up.
Also don't forget LEGO Brick & Pieces, free shipping and Gift With Purchase if the order is high enough. New parts from new molds or new color are generally cheaper at LEGO B&P.