SNIPE

Inject LDRAW script directly into a new LDCAD session

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to inject LDRAW script directly into a new LDCAD session (aka where there is no file created yet)

I know that you can copy and paste LDRAW script directly into an LDCAD window and it creates the digital assembly if the script is valid.

Ideally I would like to be able to click on a link in excel which contains a macro or a batch script which injects a corresponding chunk of LDRAW script into LDCAD.

And hopefully skip past the ldcads inro dialog box where it asks the user if you want to open a recent file/file from disk, or create  a new file.

Maybe @roland can shed some insight into this? LD view is another option  but I would prefer LDCAD.

The idea is that it would save me from creating thousands of files per chunk of ldraw script.

I tried doing in CMD: echo 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2024.dat | LDCad.exe but nothing happned

and when I did echo 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2024.dat > LDCad.exe it seems to have corrupted ldcad.exe so I gotta download it again (I get 'this app cant run on your PC')

Regards, Snipe

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I was wondering if it is possible to inject LDRAW script directly into a new LDCAD session (aka where there is no file created yet)

Not exactly, but you can get close using a macro.

function runPasteReplace()
  ldc.action('editSes_selAll'):run()
  ldc.action('editSes_selDel'):run()
  ldc.action('editSes_editPaste'):run()
end
ldc.macro('Paste replace'):setEvent('run', 'runPasteReplace')

This will replace the current model with whatever is on the clipboard. Tested in 1.7 alpha, but should also work in 1.6.

Just put the above snipped in a new global lua file (ldcad restart needed), or append it to e.g the default misc.lua global script (will trigger reload) and assign a hotkey to it.

Now if you start a new model you can use it multiple times given your excel sheet puts stuff on the clipboard.