LetsBrick

[ENTRY] Cutless Reach

6 hours ago, LetsBrick said:

Thanks on the island shape, spent ages moving pieces back and forth trying to get it right. When I build in real life I'll use better minifigs but options are limited in digital (from what I can see).

Oh ok, I have never built digitally before so I would not know :)

On 7/13/2023 at 6:04 PM, GeoBrick said:

Definitely dig your new window design, LetsBrick. The build now feels like one part transits harmonically into the other.

Thanks for that. Yeah it does keep it all looking in the same theme.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:22 PM, LucSoleBricks said:

I'm a big fan of this! Really cool to see some rocks combined with the main structure

Thanks. Yeah I thought it would make sense from a lore point of view too.

Very nice! This is a lovely work, very well balanced, from bottom to the top :) Starting with the shape of the baseplate and moving up.

I realy like Your presentation too, first pic with those palm trees is nice touch, very atmospheric.

And even tho i'm not a fan of tall boxy structures, this one is a winner for me, as You managed to balance the size and shape of the bulding with those earthy elements at the other end of the island and a palm tree brings a lot, simple detail that adds so much to the overall look of this set. Just like those lanterns and red bricks, briliant. But my faorite part is the officer's area, looking at makes me wanna relax there as well ;) 

And that detachable top with cannon is a smart move, especialy since Your prison wouldn't be hard to reach, considering how it's placed within the set. 

My only suggestion is that I'd drop that mini cannon from the boat. It looks more like a searchlight honestly, I prefer Your version with pirate flag. But if You want to go for more firepover to counter Soldier's guns, then i think standard cannon or multibarel gun made out muskets would work better. Tho this pirate is obviously cunning enough to simply sneak under garrison' nose ;)

Oh, and I would change that shovel for something else as well. Hidden map is a nice idea, tho that shovel attached to sand is kinda weird ;)   

On 7/29/2023 at 5:54 AM, Mazin said:

My only suggestion is that I'd drop that mini cannon from the boat. It looks more like a searchlight honestly, I prefer Your version with pirate flag. But if You want to go for more firepover to counter Soldier's guns, then i think standard cannon or multibarel gun made out muskets would work better. Tho this pirate is obviously cunning enough to simply sneak under garrison' nose ;)

Oh, and I would change that shovel for something else as well. Hidden map is a nice idea, tho that shovel attached to sand is kinda weird ;)

Thanks so much for the kind words. 

For the gun barrel I did the same pretty much as 70412 Soldier's Fort. I do get it looks a bit spotlights. Would it be better to be more like 70411 Treasure Island? I think the big cannon would be to big for the boat but I want a cannon for some playability.

What would you change the shovel to? I thought a shovel would make sense in the sand to dig for treasure? Would you change to a plant or rock? 

5 hours ago, LetsBrick said:

Thanks so much for the kind words. 

For the gun barrel I did the same pretty much as 70412 Soldier's Fort. I do get it looks a bit spotlights. Would it be better to be more like 70411 Treasure Island? I think the big cannon would be to big for the boat but I want a cannon for some playability.

What would you change the shovel to? I thought a shovel would make sense in the sand to dig for treasure? Would you change to a plant or rock? 

Oh yeah, that second option with a musket is better, in my oppinion, looks more original, i wasn't realy familiar with those 2000+ sets. 

I don't mind a shovel itself, it could be left there somewhere, by the wall perhaps. It's only the way it's attached to the ground that bothers me ;) Rock to mark the spot would be an obvious choice. If it would only be easy to lift, then You might go for it. Tho, i wonder if the soldiers would think that the rock is blocking their path to the ladder, and thus they would try to remove it and they would be the ones to discover the map? So i'd say some plant, flower maybe, preferably a different one from those at the end of the cuttlas island, would be a better choice. That is if it will visually fit with the rest of the set :)   

Possibly the greatest Imperial MOC ever made. Not a remake of any classic set, but clearly inspired by. It's a simple and small build with endless play possibilities. I love the small Canon on the pirate's boat. The interior of the building has small detail, but the space is open and clearly made for play. It has a jail, which all good "location" sets of this theme should have in some capacity. You have a parrot and you have a shark! A buried treasure map has so much play potential. What's in the gray chest? Is it an armory supply?

Such a wonderful Possibly the greatest Imperial MOC ever made. Not a remake of any classic set, but clearly inspired by. It's a simple and small build with endless play possibilities. I love the small Canon on the pirate's boat. The interior of the building has small detail, but the space is open and clearly made for play. It has a jail, which all good "location" sets of this theme should have in some capacity. You have a parrot and you have a shark! A buried treasure map has so much play potential. What's in the gray chest? Is it an armory supply?

Such a wonderful 

Possibly the greatest Imperial MOC ever made. Not a remake of any classic set, but clearly inspired by. It's a simple and small build with endless play possibilities. I love the small Canon on the pirate's boat. The interior of the building has small detail, but the space is open and clearly made for play. It has a jail, which all good "location" sets of this theme should have in some capacity. You have a parrot and you have a shark! A buried treasure map has so much play potential. What's in the gray chest? Is it an armory supply?

Such a wonderful MOC. I would buy this in a heartbeat