Sign in to follow this  
T-86(swe)

Dandelumian crest

This is a build for the summer joust silhouette-category. (I used the opportunity to also add it to my GoH-story). Thought I would use it as an excuse to make my first post here in the historic themes-forum as well!

In the great hall of duke Wifgrir the feudal city crest hangs on the eastern wall. A historic memento of the past but also a potential foreshadowing of future actions. The sword ‘The red dawn’ is depicted twined in the herb with the identical name. An homage to the first settlers finding the herb and therefore settling in the area.

The sword portrayed in the city crest belonged to the legendary heroine Dand El Alume. Her name was gifted to the city. Dand El Alume’s tale dates back to ancient times and is a living part of folklore in Avalonia in general, but in Dandelume in particular. 

Dand lived during one of the centuries of the first druids and mighty wizards. A time long before Avalonia formed as a realm under the first king Artorious Rex. In a turbulent era of mystic and great dangers. Her many heroic acts are written down in the chronicles ’Bringer of the red dawn’ but are also recited in poems and traditional storytelling. 

In the ‘horn-squadron’, the knights are taught the chronicles of Dand by feudal scholars. They all aspire to one day be able to become the new ‘bringer of red dawn’…..

53009512512_f24c4f95ac_o_d.jpg

Edited by T-86(swe)

Thanks Feuer! I tried different solutions to be able to hang it, but it ended up on the piano leaned against the wall. I’ll probably pick it apart for pieces of new builds though 😂

Edited by T-86(swe)