DelQuinn

Blurry renders in Bricklink Studio

Hello,

I have been attempting to enter a Bricklink studio design into one of the contests on the Lego Idea's website.  the entry keep getting rejected because they claim it is too blurry and/or pixelated.  I have submitted several designs built in Studio before without problems so I am having trouble understanding.

Are they are suggestions on how to improve the rendering process for make sure the images comes out better and clearer?

Thank you

Of course the first thing to know is, at what resolution are you rendering?  And the second thing to know is, what is the render quality setting you use?  With those two bits of info and an example of a rejected rendered image, someone might be able to point you in the right direction.

Edited by ex nihilo aliquid
punctuation

Do I smell a bug with the JPEGs not having correct DPI flags? Have you actually checked them locally in a decent image viewer (XnView etc.)?

Mylenium

12 hours ago, ex nihilo aliquid said:

Of course the first thing to know is, at what resolution are you rendering?  And the second thing to know is, what is the render quality setting you use?  With those two bits of info and an example of a rejected rendered image, someone might be able to point you in the right direction.

I have been playing around with the various settings but  usually I use High render quality (256) but last night I tried upping it to Very High (512). I believe the resolution I have been using is 1080 x 1080. I have been using transparent backgrounds to add them in later but last night I turned them off to see if that makes a difference.

My only thought is to up the resolution from 1080 x 1080.  High render quality should be enough.  Even though 1080 x 1080 is the only 1:1 preset, if you click on the Preset button, you can also select Custom.  Then you can type in larger values for the x and y dimesions.  I usually output images 2048 x 2048.  Beyond that, it's a mystery as to what is setting them off.

Thanks!

Whatever it was, I played with the settings and the last time I submitted it, it was finally accepted

thanks for the help and input