Mandalorianknight

[M4-23 - Nature is After You] A jungle patrol goes very poorly.

IMG-1152.jpg

It seemed like an easy enough assignment. Some Jedi in the agriculture corps had escaped order 66 a few years back by blind luck. Just hadn't had any clones assigned to him. When they finally got around to checking, he wasn't even hiding. Just living in some village not more than 20 klicks from the nearest imperial base, on the same planet he was assigned to at the end of the clone wars. With the Inquisitorius busy dealing with more significant threats, the brass figured our contingent of troopers could deal with it. So did we. After all, it was just some farmer, wasn't it? How tough could he be, if the jedi didn't even have him fighting in the war?

IMG-1154.jpg

TK-836 - Buck - he was the first to die. Fool thought he spotted the old farmer, rushed towards him. By the time we got to him, his mangled body was strewn against a fern. TK-473- Jem- didn't have it much better. One second, he's walking through the brush, and the next, branches snap up onto him like a Felicuian flytrap. He was crushed on the spot. But this planet doesn't have carnivorous plants. Something made those branches do that. That same something stopped TK-943- that is... that was, I guess- Kare- midway through her own rush towards the old man, who we'd now gotten a clear sight of. A vine lifted itself off the ground and slammed her back towards me, with enough force to twist her helmet fully around.

IMG-1155.jpg

TK-562- Larson- tried to get into a firing position. I guess he thought the jedi's attention was focused on Kare. Seconds later, I look over and he hasn't been able to get off a shot. His blaster's down, helmet's off, and he's wrapped in vines that are closing around his neck. TK-784- Irri- met a similar fate. Vine twisted itself around her neck, and it was over. 

IMG-1153.jpg

I'd only heard stories about the jedi as a kid, never actually seen one. But I'd always heard they were cold, emotionless. This old man- you could see the anger in him. It was like his eyes were glowing. And you could feel, in that moment- it was like the entire jungle was as angry as he was. Like he was bending it to it's will- no- like it was part of him. Like he and the jungle were one and the same. He had a lightsaber- I remember a beam of emerald light- but I don't think he ever used it. My entire squad was consumed, torn apart, strangled, and run through by the plants themselves. By the time it got Kare, I'd realized my rifle wasn't going to do anything and had armed a thermal detonator. I don't know what I expected. The second it left my hand, plants surrounded the old man, covering him, and a fern whipped the grenade back towards me. I don't know how I survived. By the time I woke up, my squad was dead. The jedi was gone, but the jungle still felt hostile, angry.

-Excerpt from Stormtrooper Sargent TK-858's infantry requisition request for flametrooper units.