Sign in to follow this  
WoodwardBricks

[M4-23 - Minifigure Habitat] - The Market on the Colossus

Market on the Colossus

For the minifigure habitat category of the contest, I've decided to create a market scene on the colossus ship from the Star Wars Resistance TV show. I've always loved the style of that market and I wanted to transform it into LEGO.

Market on the Colossus

The canopy covering the market is one of my favorite parts, consisting of multiple capes draped across a net.

Market on the Colossus

This is my very favorite part. I've been attempting more and more complicated SNOT techniques lately, and this resistance graffiti is one of my best so far. I think it turned out really well, and it posed a fun challenge for me to recreate in lego without stickers.

Colossus Market Minifigures

Here are the minifigures in the build. A Klatooinian gorgmonger along with his gorgs, based off of Bolza Grool, although in olive green rather than his true coloring, Jarek Yeager, and an Ugnaught vendor (who has no name in the TV show but appears prominently in one of the episodes).

Enjoy the rest of the pictures!

Market on the Colossus

Market on the Colossus

Market on the Colossus

Market on the Colossus

A great habitat with awesome details :thumbup:  I do wish there were tiles on top of the scene though. Feels unfinished without them.

On 5/31/2023 at 10:50 AM, MKJoshA said:

A great habitat with awesome details :thumbup:  I do wish there were tiles on top of the scene though. Feels unfinished without them.

Thanks! That’s a fair point. Since the building does extend higher than 16 studs, I had to cut it off somewhere, but tiles would probably look better. If the MOC was still put together I might have modified that, but unfortunately I’ve taken it apart by now for use in other builds.

Nice market scene! I like that net and fabric roof. What that piece you use as credits? It's on the tip of my tongue but i don't get it :laugh: Is it the center piece for 4 coins?

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Nice market scene! I like that net and fabric roof. What that piece you use as credits? It's on the tip of my tongue but i don't get it :laugh: Is it the center piece for 4 coins?

It's the sprue piece for the Ninjago shurikens. It's actually surprisingly compatible for just being a throwaway piece. Good guess though!